Search results

1. C

Fishing Report Burwell Sept 10

Hit the water today around 2 with 2 of my boys. Dropped 6 lines on riggers, divers and lead ore with harnesses, spins and cranks at 38ft. 1 fish in our way to 41ft. Pulled lines and went to 59ft. Fish after fish after fish on harnesses And ripplin redfins. Brought home our 3 man limit of nice...
  2. C

Fishing Report Burwell 08/20

Lines down around 7am with 2 of the kids and fished until 12pm putting 14 keepers in the cooler. It was a bit wavy but surprisingly easy to manage. Waves did make it tough to tell when we were dragging around small fish and we definitely wasted time with tons of little guys between resetting...
  3. C

What size boat do we need?

Bought a G3 Angler deep V 165 before having kids and it was great for one or two of the youngsters, but now with 5 of us its definitely too small. I'd like to stick to aluminum deep vee style of boat. What length would actually be comfortable for 2 adults and 3 kids with gear? Is 19-20' enough...
  4. C

Burwell July 8

Headed out with the 3 children and arrived at the marina around 4pm to find only 3 vehicles in the parking lot. It was comical listening to the kids talk trash about everyone for being scared of the rain. Setup 5 rods in 50 fow straight out of port and headed south to 58 fow picking up...
  5. C

Boat charging system help

I’ve had my 2006 G3 deep V angler 165 w/ 90hp Yamaha 4 stroke for 10 years so far and finally got around to playing with the placement of the batteries. The two batteries for the trolling motor have always been in a rear compartment, but I want to relocate them to the front for better balance...
  6. C

Burwell July 16 pm

Hit the water around 5:30 pm and headed SE and dropped the lines at 48'. 15 minutes to get the first nice walleye on a greasy chicken wing 120 back on 3 setting and lose it at the boat. Two minutes later we had a weak stomach on the boat. Back to port we go. This time SW to 55' where we...
  7. C

Burwell Aug 22

61 ft boys. Blue and sliver ripplin Redfin 75’ back and 50ft down on the rigger. #0 dipsy with ring back 205ft with a blue and green willow leaf worm harness. MUST use 1/2 to 3/4 worm or just small worms as they’re hitting very short and ripping off full worms. 6am to 930 am. 27 walleye...
  8. C

Night Fishing for Walleye

Am I able to launch from Port Burwell marina 24 hrs a day or are there set times when we're not suppose to launch? I figure it's not blocked off at night, but I don't want to cause any headaches. Say launching at 8-9pm and loading up the boat around 1-2am or maybe even launching at 1-2am and...
  9. C

Burwell Aug 8

Fished 630-1130 from 48-55 ft. Washed many lures at various depths and speeds and ended up with 3 fish about 14” long that I let go. That’s it. Tried what was working for guys on the radio who were getting limits. Nada. Wind and waves made boat control a pain and likely didn’t help the...
  10. C

Meat For Walleye?

Has anyone tried minnows for walleye, either trolled or under a float? A guy at work asked and I told him everyone just trolls lures. He asked why nobody uses big minnows under a float once a school is located. I couldn't give a good reason. Upon marking a school, could I not just lob out a...
  11. C

Burwell July 4th PM

Started at 4:30pm and fished until 8:30pm starting at 48 fow and moved a few times to finish at 60 fow. Ran 2 dipsys, 1 rigger, 1 jet diver off a board, 1 leadcore run on 4 and 7 colours, and cranks straight off the planet board. Finished with a 24” walleye and 24” rainbow along with a bunch of...
  12. C

Essential Travel April 10

One of my boys and I sat down for a serious conversation this morning regarding covid and essential travel. After both of us were done laughing and making fun of of this crap, we determined it is essential to get the perch in the bay before they head deep. It is also essential to teach a kid how...
  13. C

Nov 8 LPB Perchin

Fished the east side of the pack today in 7-8 fow and caught hundreds of perch between 10-4pm. Tons of jumbos seen, but it was tough keeping smaller fish off long enough for the big ones to hit. My young boys and I brought home 60 between 10-12". We used a ton of minnows so be sure to take...
  14. C

Heads up, She’s Getting Cold

Just a friendly heads up that they’re forecasting nightly lows of -7 to -9 this weekend for the Brantford to Waterloo area. Not sustained cold, but these temps are cold enough to start causing damage in boats stored outside if there’s water in the livewell/plumbing or lower units. I work...
  15. C

Burwell 25th

Great day to be out solo with low wind and plenty of fish to be had. It took an hour to get them figured out, but when I did my arms took a beating from reeling in so many fish between 630 - 9am. Riggers and leadcore took 0 Dipseys took 1 Jet diver size 20, 30, 40 straight back took 0 Jet 20...
  16. C

Burwell Aug 24

On the water at 10 and done at 3 fishing from 48-54 fow. Two #1 dipsies on setting 3 back 90 took 17 walleye including a tank that was just over 10lbs. 4 and 7 color leadcore took 0 fish. Rigger took 1 walleye and lost 2 bows that each hit the cheater spoon. Lost around 10 walleye between...
  17. C

Burwell Aug 4

Hit the water at 630am and by noon i had my limit. I was releasing every fish which was strong and healthy and only keeping the bleeders in order to stretch out my fishing time. I landed 20+ walleye, lost a few, lost 2 rainbows, and boated a few silvers and sheephead. Over half came on 5...
  18. C

St Williams Feb 2

After a very late start we parked at the top of the hill around 1030am and drove the sled down to grab some minnows. Definitely no shortage of minnows in their tank. Ice is great for machines and walking. Water is clear with no noticeable current. First spot was straight towards Bait Island a...
  19. C

Conditions/Safe Ice?

Just curious if it's still safe to access the bay along the shoreline after the water level as came up so much. How will it be Saturday morning with children? What about overall ice and snow conditions? Are ATV's and snowmobiles fine or does the rising water level create a bunch of slush...
  20. C

Bluff Bar Oct 8

Hit the water around 2pm and it was a rough ride from TP until we were a couple miles from the bar and it calmed down considerably. Trolled a few passes with riggers without a hit so we anchored and quickly went through the small amount of minnows we had to get a dozen 10-12" perch. What I...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks