Search results

1. champ

Finally! We were able to get out on some ice!

Like the title says. Yes. Ice. Finally. This weekend was amazing for us. Ice fishing with my 5 year old and my father, three generations on the ice catching perch Our trip to Lake Couchiching was successful, I have never fished it before so a quick learning curve was needed. A few hours spent...
  2. champ

Future fisherman in the making!

On Thursday this little guy celebrated his 4th birthday. We woke up this morning and the first thing he asked was “Can we go fishing?” I looked at my wife and I knew she couldn’t say no to that! Downstairs to my arsenal to try to decide what to bring. 10’6” noodle rod was the obvious choice. We...
  3. champ

Fishing Report Pittock dam

Is there still ice fishing happening at the conservation area? Would like to try it again, it has been a few years since getting out. Does anyone have any information about this? Thanks.
  4. champ

Off Topic Anyone else?

Always find a way to have a beer!
  5. champ

Chilly Willy's

Has anyone been? Booked for January 9-12th. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks
  6. champ

Carp

May be a touchy subject for some but... I am celebrating a birthday soon and my wife has mentioned "Why don't we try carp fishing?" I couldn't think of a reason why not to go fishing, even for coarse fish. I remember as a a kid fishing the rivers for them but the bugs being so bad even for a...
  7. champ

Mitchell's bay

Trying to find some information on Mitchell's bay to do some late season perch. Never been to this area and really I am wondering if it is worth exploring. Would I need to bring ATV? Is walking a good option? I would like to get out this weekend or next weekend weather depending. I want to just...
  8. champ

Chirstmas Chrome!

Come one guys lets see the pictures! Had to break the yearly tradition today being my little guys First Christmas! Hopefully some people made it out and took some beauty pictures before releasing some chrome in the rivers! Merry Christmas everyone!
  9. champ

Bay of Quinte

I am heading up this way mid January and I am able to get out for a day on the ice (if safe). I have never fished Quinte and no ideas where to go. I have been looking on forums and everything and it isn't much help. If anyone could share some past experiences of tips on where to go that would be...
  10. champ

Roe

Looking to do some trades, I am looking for Coho roe skein or singles. I have 8oz jars of Chinook loose, lightly salted loose, skein, and lightly salted skein. If anyone would want to trade roe for roe that would be awesome @Stick this means you too! Thanks
  11. champ

Todays Wind

This is the opposite of what most want. I noticed the wind today will be a 22 km SW breeze. Is this true? My question is: How rough is the lake today? I plan on heading beach fishing for catfish tonight and need a good chop. If anyone goes out or lives near and can see what the lake is doing...
  12. champ

Simcoe

Planning a early ice trip to Cooks bays. Gilford to 9th line depending on ice. January 1st. Would anyone like to join? I do have a a two man hut with heat. If anyone wants to join me on a hard water send me a PM. Thanks, Champ
  13. champ

Fanshawe Lake

Would like to try area. Any tips or pointers on what there is in there? I know of walleye and large mouth, but is there any other targetable species? Have a 12' tin boat and it seems like the inland lakes are my only option seeing how we have wind warnings every other hour... Thanks Brad
  14. champ

This weekend (sunday)

Heading to lake simcoe if anyone wants to join.One last try for some perch. PM me if interested, will give details. Thanks
  15. champ

For anyone who wants to fish chrome bullets!

Another season is shortly approaching. Yes everyone steelhead will be swimming back our way and will be hungry. I have the privilege to fish everyday(mostly) if there is anyone who would want to head out and share some chrome is welcome. Either reply or send a personal message...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks