Search results

1. packrat

Off Topic interesting read

for those who have fished the Kawartha Lakes "https://jamieschmale.ca/walleye/LarrysReport.pdf"-----fished Pigeon Lake many moons ago and even back then noticed the decline in the fishery
  2. packrat

Off Topic Tripping down memory lane

Loooong time ago when the big wooden pier was at Turkey Point----boaters would go out fishing at a location known to the locals as "The Barrels" after all this time can anyone shed some light on just where this was------asking for a friend lol
  3. packrat

Off Topic interesting news???

anyone here on FB seeing reports from a fella that's been fishing the Port Dover pier and "knocking" off some real good size pike----WOW
  4. packrat

Fishing Report Perching Nov 16/023 (one more time)

back attit again under beautiful conditions for this time of year. same two fellas were there again ahead of me (same spot). and the crime was committed. the crime being that other then about 4-5 perch that were caught (2 being kept) that was all she wrote (fat lady was singing her little heart...
  5. packrat

Fishing Report perching (one more time) Nov 10/023

forecast for today promised a woulda, coulda, shoulda day so i did. can you say almost perfect---chilly but not too chilly---light wind----cloudy with sunny breaks AND the perch were willing. first up get a serious hit and up comes a scrappy white perch (tossed) then nothing for a bit while...
  6. packrat

Off Topic caledonia bait and tackle

anyone have info if they are still in business???
  7. packrat

Fishing Report perching Nov 03/023

gave it one more try to end the season knowing it was going to be not totally ideal. with winds forecast to pick up in the afternoon figured would have a small window in the morning for a couple of hours. between 8-10 winds were gusty but not THAT bad ---still tough to see the hit when you...
  8. packrat

Off Topic mushrooms???

been a not so good year for my Shaggymane 'rooms----only seen a couple here and there ----even my go to spot hasn't produced this year. anyone else having better luck at finding them??? seems like conditions are ideal
  9. packrat

Fishing Report Perching (again) Oct 18/023

just couldnt let today go down without getting out again-----as close to perfect as you could hope for-----overcast , cool ,light breeze and the fish were there and hungry. started off a little slow but things got going after not too long. fella beside me made a generous donation of a...
  10. packrat

Fishing Report perching Oct 13/023

short report---long overdue-----made myself get out and do some fishing for a change. headed out with a supply of salties to my fall location. setup shop and was soon feeding the local gobies all they could eat.. after some time rod bounces pretty good and ONE perch (8") goes in the...
  11. packrat

Off Topic just killing time

had some time on my hands this morning so went for a "walkabout" along the north shore to visit some old locations. Port Dover--- 3 fishers nada,,, Port Ryerse----nobody on the "pier", Normandale---five boats out front of the concrete slab but didnt look there was anything going on. this is...
  12. packrat

Port Dover beach

anyone shed some light on situation with the beach??? just saw a clip on CH10 showing only a "small" portion is still available to the public while the majority is now "private" and posted "no trespassing"
  13. packrat

Off Topic do you believe this

tried to order a birthday cake for my daughter and grand daughter this morning. went to both Sobey/Zehrs bake dept. they do have cakes for sale but dont try to order one----not making any at this time because they cant get supplies (icing of all things}. Zehrs is even having supply...
  14. packrat

Off Topic spam calls

just a heads up people if you get a phone call from 519 756 1428 it is coming from Peru and claims to Service canada
  15. packrat

Off Topic Dunnville Dam

has the dam been posted for non fishing??? never much access but it was a popular spot. enquiring mind was asking :sneaky::unsure:
  16. packrat

Off Topic perch charters

does anyone do a charter for these guys in particular----really want to get into some serious? fishing for them:LOL:
  17. packrat

Off Topic batter for deep frying

been using club house beer batter mix for some time now and came across some batter courtesy Knights of Columbus that really shines. asked for recipe but its ancient chinese secret:unsure: the main ingredient is you start with a pitcher of beer;) after that you're on your own. any cooks here...
  18. packrat

Off Topic Port Dover parking

seems they intend to enforce two hour limit to park in some areas----not good news for those that like to park in the harbour area and spend some time fishing
  19. packrat

need a little help here

friend of mine going to give me sirloin (tip) steaks to cook for them. anyone have a no fail recipe that will do them justice??? reputation at (steak) stake here :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
  20. packrat

Off Topic if not for bad luck blah blah blah

supposed to be on a trip with Tailfeathers this morning-----been waiting for this to all come together and its turned into a "comedy" of errors. first off had to change the lineup of people twice---one for medical reasons, another for personal reasons (waiting for Leons to show up) really...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks