Search results

1. jeffbrick

Off Topic AC Shiners

I've always had great luck with AC Shiners. Everything from flatlining for salmon and rainbows in Lake Huron in the spring to using with downriggers to using with lead core. The perch pattern is my go to on lead core in Lake Erie. I have had no problem changing hooks. I usually match the...
  2. jeffbrick

Deer Tag Screw Up - Could Use Suggestions

Hi all, Thanks for the replies. I ended up calling the MNR support number and they reset it and I printed it. Had to wait on hold for a while but the service was great when they did answer. The problem was that my computer was running the Adobe Acrobat add-on and when I clicked on the print...
  3. jeffbrick

Hi. It's an encrypted file so you cannot download it or print to PDF. Once you get your one shot to print, the file is not accessible..
  4. jeffbrick

Hi all, First, best of luck to all for a safe and successful fall season. I had a really stupid moment and selected the wrong printer when I was printing my tag. Had one shot at it and whiffed!!! Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to get another chance to print it? Of course I...
  5. jeffbrick

Fishing Report Port Stanley August 18, 2022

I should have also mentioned that I was out with @DCook96 and @Red Hering had a 6-8 sticker for him too! Some bling for both of our boats!
  6. jeffbrick

Fishing Report Port Stanley August 18, 2022

Got out for a midday fish today from Port Stanley. Water conditions were great. Lines in the water at 9:30 and done fishing around 2:00 PM with a two man limit. One five pounder and the rest in the 2 - 3 pound range. Three sheephead and one silver bass. No rainbows but didn't run much in...
  7. jeffbrick

Off Topic New to me boat

Very nice boat! Enjoy!
  8. jeffbrick

Lowrance Elite 5 - Depth Flashing

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I will need to go visit Jos!
  9. jeffbrick

Lowrance Elite 5 - Depth Flashing

Hi all, Having some trouble with my Lowrance Elite 5. When fishing, I lose the depth and chart intermittently. It will work good for a while and then no reading. When there is no reading, the most recent depth reading flashes and the chart is blank. It keeps scrolling across the screen and...
  10. jeffbrick

Just to generate a little conversation!

Fishing out of Goderich one August morning about 10 years ago and we were up on plane heading out and saw something in the water about a half mile out. Turned around for a look and it was an 8 point buck swimming for Michigan! He was pretty tired. We grabbed him by the antlers and dragged him...
  11. jeffbrick

be careful --the nets are out in front of Port Burwell--

Thanks for the info. I hope to get out Friday afternoon. I should mention that we got out this past Saturday afternoon (July 25) - I just didn't get around to posting. Fished 53 ft to 57 feet depth. We went straight out and then headed east (with the wind). Got a limit but had to work for...
  12. jeffbrick

Need Advise,,,

Agree with all of the suggestions for bleeding the fish. I think ice is very important for good quality meat - especially when air temperature (and lake temp) is up in July and August. I always keep a bunch of 2 litre orange juice containers full of water in the freezer and use these for...
  13. jeffbrick

outdoors card

I ordered mine online Dec 22. Came in the mail today. It took a while but I do like the convenience of being able to order on-line. I had no plans to hunt or fish so I did not bother to print the summary but it would have been sufficient until the card arrives.
  14. jeffbrick

Off Topic Golden or bald eagle

We have seen Golden Eagles on gut piles during the shot gun hunt (first week of December) in Perth County in past years. Seems to be when they are migrating through. The Goldens are noticeably bigger. Hard to say from the picture but it could certainly be a Golden. JB
  15. jeffbrick

Off Topic Rapala RSC II Linecounter Reels

I have been running Penn and Okuma reels - limited problems and low maintenance.
  16. jeffbrick

What is your absolute must have fishing accessory?

I have the Bogagrip 130. Spins and has built in scale. The spinning is really good for muskie. It is great for handling fish in the boat. It is pricey though - I splurged.
  17. jeffbrick

Off Topic E tec

I have a 2006 - 90 HP E-Tec on my Alumacraft 165 Navigator. This has been a great package. The motor has lots of power and is good on fuel. I have had standard maintenance and that's all. Very pleased. Jeff
  18. jeffbrick

Live Burwell Sunday Sept 8th

Ended up with 7. Five on riggers down 35 - 45 over 50 - 58 ft of water. Last two on 10 colour leadcore. Had to work for the fish today but the Lake was in great shape. One 6 lb fish and the rest were in the 2- 3 pound range.
  19. jeffbrick

We got lines in water at 3. 2 for 3 so far. Started in 54 ft at 58 now. Lots of bait balls. Lots of nice marks but slow so far. Light chop but wind seems to be coming up a bit.
  20. jeffbrick

Thanks for the live reports guys!!
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks