Search results

1. Jello

Norfolk - boat in your driveway?

I have a quick question about the Norfolk bylaws. Can you park your fishing boat in your driveway? The bylaw says you can't have it in a front or side yard for more than 7 days. But does "yard" include the paved driveway? Thanks.
  2. Jello

Fishing Report Another great bass season

My boat is getting put away soon as I'm changing gears for the fall/winter. Looking back on this season, it's great to see so many healthy and well fed largemouth in the bay. The number of bass I caught that were over three pounds was amazing. I ended up with seven over four pounds. Nothing...
  3. Jello

Fishing Report A bass report

I've been out a few times since opener and have been doing quite well with largemouth bass. Many bass over 3lbs landed but nothing over 4 yet. The water is still cool for this time of year out in the deeper water and some of the weed beds haven't come up that high yet. Average of 30 per outing...
  4. Jello

Fishing Report My opener

I was on the water at 3am (yes, I said 3am, lol!). I enjoyed the calm ride and night sky on the way out. I didn't spend much time trying for smallmouth early. I had the itch to fish largemouth, so I changed plans and headed into the shallows. I ran into some incidental smallmouth while moving...
  5. Jello

Fishing Report September bass

Been out a bunch of time since I last posted a report. September provided some good fishing on the inner bay. Had a couple high number days including one where I lost count at 25 bass (somewhere in the 30s). Couldn't find a fish over 5lbs this year but got five or six over 4lbs and a lot of...
  6. Jello

Fall fishing Largemouth

I've always switched from fishing to duck hunting in the fall, so this will be my first season bass fishing the fall months. For largemouth specifically, I guess it's limited to open water and the marinas/channels as most of the shore line is hunted seven days a week. Can the unit be fished...
  7. Jello

Fishing Report Largemouth this afternoon

Got out of work early and hit the bay. A bit windy out there. Hit my first spot and was on to nothing but pike. Boated seven or so and I had enough of them. Moved to another spot and got into some largemouth. Biggest was 4.2lbs, the others in the 2'ish range. Five total. Off the water by 1900h.
  8. Jello

Fishing Report Inner bay, quick fish

Took my lady out boating today. Of course I had to pitch some baits around for a bit. Spent about an hour on a couple spots and picked up 3 bass and a pike. Biggest bass was a bit over 3lbs. Beautiful day out there today. We both got tired of rolling in the wake of all the boats out so we just...
  9. Jello

Fishing Report A non-walleye report 😁

I fished Saturday and Sunday morning for largemouth. I didn't get a lot of numbers on Saturday but a few nice ones including a 4.7 pounder. It was a long fish, not as fat as the bass I've been catching lately. Would love to see this bass in the fall when it's on the feed. Sunday was tough...
  10. Jello

Fishing Report Inner bay July 31

Gorgeous morning on the bay. A bit cool but the bay was quite calm and it was sunny. I started shallow with top water and landed a few pike. My goal today was to spend a few hours locating weed patches mid morning. Found six or so, marked them off, and worked them with various baits. Landed 6...
  11. Jello

Fishing Report You never know what'll eat a frog.

Made my way through the fog this morning and fished the south shore line of the bay. Lots of activity early on the frog. Several pike launching clear out of the water (many miss the frog completely). Bass weren't fully committing to it. I'd follow up with a different bait and get them. Fished...
  12. Jello

North shore or bluff bar?

Debating where to go tomorrow morning for bass? Never been to the bar. Farthest I've gone is Pottahawk. Haven't heard of much action out there. North Shore I'd probably run out from Dover. The wind looks good (so far) for tomorrow morning. Was out yesterday afternoon for largemouth in the...
  13. Jello

Bass fishing for pike - July 18

I hit the bay first thing this morning for bass. Looking for Largemouth. A lot of my spots were very stained. Caught one of decent size and about 10 runts. Pike everywhere. Got the decent bass on top water. Then I lost two toads and a fluke to pike. Tried deep weeds and caught small bass, rock...
  14. Jello

Inner bay - Fishes and fighter jets.

Lines down at 0540 this morning. Started around Ec6 with a jerk bait. Had two short strikes strikes so I switched to a mojo rig and craw to slow it down. Picked up two smallies, one was about 3lbs. Then two bite offs by the toothy buggers. Landed one pike on the rig. I hate crowds so I moved...
  15. Jello

Ec5 weed bed?

Which side of Ec5 does the big weed bed sit out by Ec5 and Ec6? North or South side? Been a while since I went out there and my old GPS was lost along with all of its secrets.
  16. Jello

Inner Bay - attack of the pike

I was on the water at 0620 this morning. Headed to the usual Largemouth spots. Couldn't keep the pike off. Swim jigs, chatter baits, top water toads.... All pike. Lost count at 10. The bass were pulling a Houdini I guess. Caught a few small bass in another location and finally a couple decent...
  17. Jello

Routes to bluff bar?

I'm looking to explore out by bluff bar when we get one of those rare flat days. With a 16' (85" beam) Lund, would it be better to launch near Old Cut and cut through the channel on the south end of pottahawk? It's similar in distance to Turkey Point when I mapped it out. Logic tells me a S or...
  18. Jello

Inner Bay - July 4

Launched at 0630 and headed out near the channel. Too many other boats for my liking, but I tried a jerk bait for a drift. Landed one smallie, maybe a pound. Headed in to the shallows for largemouth. Ended the day with 15 in the boat. Lost two due to my failure in pulling them straight out of...
  19. Jello

Inner bay May 18

Fished from Port Rowan to the edge of the legal zone for pike this evening. Still breaking in the new boat and I wanted to play around with the Minn Kota a bit. Did some casting with spoons in close to the port edges. Landed a few pike and a largemouth. Moved out to 7-8' of water and trolled...
  20. Jello

Slowing troll speed?

I was able to break in my new boat this weekend. I wanted to see how slow it would troll. I could only get it down to 2.6 GPS speed at idle. It's a 16' Lund Rebel with a 60hp CT Merc. I'd like to get in the 1.8-2.2mph range and I'd rather have the engine running above idle speed. I'll be...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks