Search results

1. scrimmy

Off Topic Last kick at the can.

Well it looks as if this will be my last season fishing the waters of Port Glasgow. With all the price increases and the zoo at the ramps I will most likely look for a storage place closer to home for this winter and fish next year out of Port Stanley or Port Bruce which is much closer to my...
  2. scrimmy

Off Topic Burn out

Well I am getting burnt out up at the hospital every day with mom for the last 3 months. I need to go get my boat out of storage and bring it home to get it ready and go fish for something somewhere.
  3. scrimmy

Off Topic Universal free health care my Arse.

Well it has been over 6 weeks that mom is in University Hospital. As of January 26th we are being charged $66.00 per day for as long as she is in Hospital waiting on a LTC bed. That works out to $2,046.00 per month. Free health care my ass. The hospital is in charge of finding her a LTC bed but...
  4. scrimmy

Off Topic RIP Hugh Parkes

I would like to give my condolences to Reilly, Dustin and Ben Parkes on the passing of my friend and former marine mechanic at Roedings General Marine as well as Hully Gully. Hugh will live on through his 3 sons.
  5. scrimmy

Off Topic Health care system needs drastic overhaul.

Well since I have spent over a year and a half of my life in hospital I am now shocked at the state of our health care system now. My 93 year old mother in law (who still lives at home) fell 5 times over last Saturday and Sunday while the PSW stood back and let her fall. After me picking her up...
  6. scrimmy

Off Topic Blondes

Jack, a handsome man, walked into a sports bar around 9:58 pm. He sat down next to this blonde at the bar and stared up at the TV as the 10:00 news came on. The news crew was covering a story of a man on a ledge of a large building preparing to jump. The blonde looked at Jack and said, "Do you...
  7. scrimmy

Off Topic Why you need a radio license.

Boater: Mayday, Mayday my boat is taking on water and we are sinking. Coast Guard: How many souls on board? Boater: I don't know, nobody is wearing shoes. Coast Guard: What is your position? Boater : I am on the Starboard side sitting behind the Wheel. Need I say more. Go get your marine...
  8. scrimmy

Off Topic Question is answered on more than 2 lines in the water

Reply: Yes, Page: /document/ontario-fishing-regulations-summary/fisheries-management-zone-19 (111452) Inbox Search for all messages with label Inbox Remove label Inbox from this conversation Fish, Policy (MNRF) <FishPolicy@ontario.ca> 4:10 PM (46 minutes ago) to me, NRISC...
  9. scrimmy

Off Topic Weather, and to fish or not

https://www.newwavefishingacademy.com/post/boat-safety-weather-limitations?fbclid=IwAR0-ZsFzsF08CgKqSsNlXJHtsBy0ZCG191nk57bPATBIJ5XWC6M3FPa76DI
  10. scrimmy

Off Topic bad weather is coming

Well after todays lovely weather it looks like after Wednesday the weather will change. That being said it was a great season and I have come to the end of my season and will most likely head down to Glasgow in the morning to once again get the Legend ready for winter storage.
  11. scrimmy

Fishing Report Glasgow Tuesday morning October 3rd

Launched at 6:00 AM and headed right out to 68 fow to start. Fished with 1 rigger and 1 dipsy. Both RRF's 1 perch coloured 1 blue and silver. Fished out to 71 fow and trolled back to 68 fow and was done. Count was 15 Walleye with 9 released back to grow. I huge Wally weighed in at 9.2 lbs. A...
  12. scrimmy

Off Topic Looks like a nice day on Tuesday

Well since I took the boat out on Sunday October 1 and Tuesday looks real good I think maybe I will make my last? run of the year in the morning.
  13. scrimmy

Fishing Report Glasgow Sunday morning October 1 2023

Launched at 6:00 AM in the dark and went out to 63 fow. Nothing until I got out to 68 fow and fished 68 to 71 fow. I rigger and 1 dipsy. Rigger down 55' and dipsy on 3 back 191' Spoons not working so put Blue and silver RRF on both rigger and dipsy. Fish are still here so go and get them. Was...
  14. scrimmy

Off Topic Sunday looks promising

Although my boat is technically ready for storage I may make the journey and go out again on Sunday if the winds die off.
  15. scrimmy

Off Topic Replacements

Very impressed with Great Lakes Spoons customer service. I sent them a picture of a few spoons that the paint was coming off and they quickly sent me a few replacements and a few extra.
  16. scrimmy

Off Topic Nasty day on the lake

I went down to take some stuff off the Legend to get ready for winter storage and stopped off to have a look at the lake. Glad I decided not to go fishing this morning.
  17. scrimmy

Fishing Report Glasgow Thursday morning 9/21/2023

Well I wasn't planning on fishing today but my younger brother from Chatham called me up and asked if I had any Walleye. I did not want to give him frozen but fresh so I told him to meet me down at Glasgow at 11:00 AM. I got down to the boat at 6:00 AM and went to Marina. Water was a little iffy...
  18. scrimmy

Fishing Report Wednesday Morning at Glasgow 9/20/2023

Headed out just after 6:00 AM and forgot my Phone in my truck. Stopped out at 59 fow and started. Did not get a fish until I hit 63 fow then it was game on. Rigger at 50' with slider and dipsy on 3 back 130'. Was all done at 7:15 AM but stayed a bit to try for a rainbow or 2. No luck so I packed...
  19. scrimmy

Off Topic New shirt arrived in the mail

front and back
  20. scrimmy

Fishing Report Monday morning at Glasgow 9/18/2023

Well headed out at dark and set up in 55 fow and started to troll out south. 1 rigger and 1 dipsy. dipsy at 3 and 140 back and rigger down 50'. Waves started to pick up as well as the wind. Trolled out to 70 feet and it got more and more sporty with 5 and 6 foot white caps. Caught 8 Wally's with...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks