Search results

1. T

Channel Access in Turkey Point

I'm dreaming of some warmer days to break out the kayak. I would like to try and fish for crappie in the channels at Turkey Point but the question is are they private or public? They're open to the lake but I honestly don't know. I believe this was answered some time ago but I don't remember the...
  2. T

This Is How My Deer Season Ended

This is how my season ended. Little button buck hung around for 10 minutes and even let me scratch the back of his neck Liked it so much that after he left he came back 20 minutes later for another scratch.
  3. T

How Do You Haul Out Your Deer (No Quad)?

I've been using a modified appliance cart (wider axil, bigger tires) and it works pretty well but it's still a lot of work. I've been looking at the Hawk Crawler Game Cart. It's pricey but it seems to do the job pretty well. What does everyone use and if you have used this cart what are your...
  4. T

Got a Two-fer on a Erie Secrets Harness

Went out of Pt Rowan in the kayak this morning looking for some panfish and while drifting with the worm harness I ended up with a 12 or 13" large mouth and a sunfish at the same time. Sorry for the crappy pic, I was trying not to have my phone go for a swim.
  5. T

Be Careful Walking In!

Tuesday walked in around 5:00, didn't make it 100yds got caught up on a small log and down I went ...hard! I also bumped my head on a different log. Once I got my wits about me I tried to shoulder my gun but no dice so home I went. I took my shirt off in the bathroom and noticed my right arm...
  6. T

A Company That Stands Behind It's Products

I purchased some (expensive) Energizer lithium AA batteries for a trail camera hoping they would last a couple of years. They worked great until we got a -10 cold snap when the camera stopped sending pictures. After a while I pulled the camera and tested the batteries and found 2 that were low...
  7. T

Link To O.F.A.H. form to Protest Amendments to Bill C-21

For those who haven't heard yet the Liberals have slipped in amendments to Bill C-21 (handgun "Freeze" bill) which will ban virtually every semi auto centerfire firearm along with numerous 22's (think Cooey 64, Ruger 10/22). The O.F.A.H has a form which you can edit and is linked to all Ontario...
  8. T

Lowrance Problem

I have a Hook 5 Tripleshot that I bought in 2020 and probably has less than 20 hrs on it mounted on my kayak. Today when I was out it was stuck on one page and I couldn't change it. After several power downs and ups I was finally able to get to the page I wanted. I selected my view and it worked...
  9. T

Bill C-71 Restrictions Coming Into Effect

Don't know what this will do to gun shows, it takes hours to get through to the CFC now. Bill C-71 Restrictions Start This Month on Buying/Selling ‘Non-Restricted’ Guns Source: Canada Gun News: Week of 2022 May 02 05 May 2022 TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government will start enforcing new...
  10. T

Alberta Lithium Anyone?

Still on my quest for a lithium battery for my kayak trolling motor and I came across Alberta Lithium. Has anyone purchased any of their batteries and what is your opinion of them? TC
  11. T

Baffin Boots?

Anyone tried these? I'm in need of new hunting boots as my Irish Setters are worn after 15 years. They've been great but they don't make the same model anymore. Baffin makes some good sounding hunting boots but I would like to hear some first hand experience. TC
  12. T

Collins Today

Went with my son for the first time together out of Collins this afternoon. It was easy walking so we hoofed it out to the farthest huts. First set up didn't produce anything so we moved a couple hundred yards further east. We had small ones right off the bat and then finally a nice school came...
  13. T

Any One Fishing Waterford Ponds?

Just curious if anyone has been out to Waterford lately. TC
  14. T

Electric Augers Are Great!

Got out for the first time today. Fishing was crap but the auger worked great. Ice in front of Collins was 8" father out and 6" closer. Started out at the 8" and I drilled 2 holes in less than 30 seconds. A fellow came over and asked to borrow it (guess he forgot his) and he drilled 4 holes in...
  15. T

Still Scraping!

Took the rest of my stands down today and came across this on a laneway. The tracks were fresh too!
  16. T

Braid, Mono or Flouro?

Picked up a new rod and reel combo that I will be setting up for perch. This will be mostly drifting live bait and jigging light lures in the Inner Bay of Long Point from my kayak, not out in 60ft of water. Any preference for line type? I know each type has their strong points but I would like...
  17. T

Off Topic Normandale Beach

It's a great spot to launch a kayak for bass and perch. Glad it's going to remain public. https://www.simcoereformer.ca/news/local-news/normandale-beach-to-remain-public-2
  18. T

Off Topic Ninja Grass Blade, Anyone use it?

Getting tired of clearing grass from my prop powered peddle drive kayak. This product was suggested, has anyone used it or can recommend an alternative? TC https://fishntech.com/ninja_grass_blade.html
  19. T

Pheasant Release Article in the Reformer

https://www.simcoereformer.ca/news/local-news/club-reports-successful-pheasant-hunt Good article except the number of birds released is way off. TC
  20. T

Wild Turkey Lasagna For Supper!

Had some slow cooker lasagna made with ground wild turkey tonight, delicious! Here is the recipe (if it works!).
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks