Search results

1. T

River channel cats

After the rain this weekend they should be in the rivers. Very often quite shallow. A few years ago I caught a nice 10lb one on March 10 at 10am, only way I could remember that! TC
  2. T

Air fryer ribs 🤷🏻

Looks good. I've thought about trying the air fryer but I still like my method the best, slow cooker. I just coat them in yellow mustard, a home made rub and barbecue sauce. Throw them in the slow cooker for a few hours and done. If I want a little smoky flavour I'll smoke them on low...
  3. T

This Is How My Deer Season Ended

The thought did cross my mind :)
  4. T

This Is How My Deer Season Ended

This is how my season ended. Little button buck hung around for 10 minutes and even let me scratch the back of his neck Liked it so much that after he left he came back 20 minutes later for another scratch.
  5. Button I.jpg

Button I.jpg

6. Button II.jpg

Button II.jpg

7. T

Off Topic interesting news???

He's pulled some nice rainbows from there as well. TC
  8. T

Burpwell Beachfront B&B’s

So where's it going, in the parking lot? TC
  9. T

Off Topic Garlic time

Planted mine today. TC
  10. T

How Do You Haul Out Your Deer (No Quad)?

I actually just ordered one after looking at reviews and actually talking to a couple of people who have one. TC
  11. T

Thanks for the info. I talked to someone in a store who loved the crawler as well but it's good to get more input. I also use a plastic roll up sled and it does work great in the snow. Not too bad in leaves either but not in a field. TC
  12. T

Good points about the mesh on the Hawler. The Peavy Mart cart is pretty much what I have now, just a little larger. With this your still supporting the bulk of the weight which is what I'm trying to mitigate. TC
  13. T

I've used that when there's snow and it does work well. It's OK in the leaves but no so much on dirt. TC
  14. T

I've been using a modified appliance cart (wider axil, bigger tires) and it works pretty well but it's still a lot of work. I've been looking at the Hawk Crawler Game Cart. It's pricey but it seems to do the job pretty well. What does everyone use and if you have used this cart what are your...
  15. T

Got a Two-fer on a Erie Secrets Harness

Went out of Pt Rowan in the kayak this morning looking for some panfish and while drifting with the worm harness I ended up with a 12 or 13" large mouth and a sunfish at the same time. Sorry for the crappy pic, I was trying not to have my phone go for a swim.
  16. Dual Fish II.jpg

Dual Fish II.jpg

17. T

My wife wanted to go to Pt Dover.

I was wrong. Looked up the permits on the County website (which we all should have done in the first place) and here are the results: Residential Paid Parking Permits are now available for $20 per vehicle, for individuals with a verified Norfolk County residential address, or for those who own...
  18. T

My wife wanted to go to Pt Dover.

Nope, Pt Dover residents only.
  19. T

Off Topic Animal identification??

There was a Maine Coon Cat running around Pt Burwell PP a few years ago. That thing was huge! TC
  20. T

Possible closure of a pheasant release site

I received a couple of replies and they said the same thing, that there were no requests. I have an inside scoop and heard otherwise however. ;)
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks