Search results

1. jumbos

Perchin….Long Point Bay

Well…well….what a nice day. We were out in front of Collins Harbour and the perch were hungry. We had basically non stop action from about 11am till 2pm. Minnows were the bait of choice and we used two scoops of big minnows cut into pieces…..with last 15 min using worms. Finished with 65 really...
  2. jumbos

Some more November Perchin.....LPB

Beautiful day out on long point bay....we ended up with 24 perch and an eater pike. Was mirror flat late morning.... fishing was slow for us....a bit of wind picked up and so did the perchin. Yesterday was a whole lot windier and the bigger perch were on the bite more. Still was great out...
  3. jumbos

Burwell- Smokin-Hot

Well the fish are in at Port Burwell. We hit Burwell early this morning, along with everybody else that owns a boat and fishes. Second fish was truly a monster sheep head, have to say I’ve caught my share of sheep head, but DAM, thats a Biggin.... and off course on the lead core. So we got out...
  4. jumbos

Burwell-July 14

Well we finally got out to Burwell today.... fished from 10am untill 2pm. Got four bows, four walleye and a giant silver. One of the bows will hit the BBQ, the others are getting smoked tomorrow. Great day, cause I wanted some smoked rainbows. The walleye will come soon enough....I think.
  5. jumbos

Minnows??

Any minnows at Erie bait?.....old is out....I think jimmy is closed.
  6. jumbos

Burwell.... Hastings.....Sandhills

First some big girls from Hastings....then a four man ticket in walleye.
  7. jumbos

Burwell...July 3

Hit Burwell for the first time this year....the walleye didn't disappoint. Four man limit this morning....found a school at 56fow and kept turning in on them....best walleye fishing in the world....and it's in our backyard. Only going to get better...if that's possible.
  8. jumbos

LPB Smallies-June 29

LPB didn't disappoint, even after the big wind/rain storm on saturday, the smallies were still ready to play. Trolled for a couple hours on the flats and it was steady action. Full limit for my crew and I. I think we lost just as many from inexperience and over excitement....lol. Ashley(my...
  9. jumbos

Perchin-Hastings-July21

We got out for a bit of mid day perchin, which can be a bit tuff, especially when it's hot, but we got into them off hastings today. Probably got to Hastings at 11:30am or so and left at just after 2:00pm. The bite was light, but the weather was perfect. We had half a cooler full at 2:00pm and I...
  10. jumbos

LPB-Smallies-July 10

With the beautiful rain we had, irrigation is put on hold and a bit of R&R was on the agenda for this afternoon. Took my dad, mom, son(Bryce) and nephew out for some smallie action. Strong east wind when we started, but it started to lay down after bit, the smallies didn't care if it was an east...
  11. jumbos

LPB-Old Cut-Perchin

Took the whole gang out this morning, including Ashley and Bryce. Was non-stop action which is good when you have two young ones and even when you have two older ones..........lol, my mom and dad. Mixture of small through backs, decent size perch, rockies and a few OFS smallies to make things...
  12. jumbos

Swans

I have notice this year they can't seem to make up their minds which direction they want to fly. Some are coming from the bay towards aylmer way, and some go towards the NE. Also see quite a few coming back from the NE and aylmer, on their way back to LPB. Actually saw a flock of about 50 coming...
  13. jumbos

Looking for some panfish

Took Bryce out ice fishing this afternoon. Went to a spot known for it's gills, crappie and some perch. The pannies weren't to interested, as we only got a couple of gills. However, even this OOS largemouth wanted to see the sun this afternoon. So we gave her a quick glimse and a short photo...
  14. jumbos

Old cut web cam

The new spot for the camera is great. Nice job down there guys!!!!
  15. jumbos

Old Cut-Saturday Jan.18

Took my son Bryce out on the the ice for his first time at Long point Bay today. The wind/snow was to say the least brutal. Ice conditions are good, with just a bit of snow on, so cleats are a must if your walking and if your on an atv, chains are advisable. Ice was 8" thick where the huts are...
  16. jumbos

LPB-Oct 30

What a nice day to be on the bay. The ducks where flying, the hunters were shooting and a few boats were out fishing. Not much happing out there for us. We got a handful of perch for supper and dad got this girl to add some excitement. But what a nice day........WOW!
  17. jumbos

Perchin-LPB-Oct 12

Got out for some perchin in the inner bay. The fishing was good and so was the average size. There were even some true jumbos being pull up. It was really great to get back on the water after a long summer on the farm, the perch were just a bonus!
  18. jumbos

Burwell-Tuesday-July 16- Evening

Went for a late evening fish, looking for eye's and bows. In one word "Skunked". Fished 55-58 fow and not a touch.....well we did get one 8" perch....lol. The sonar was loaded with bait, and fish laying on bottom, nothing would move for me. Water temp on the surface was 78.5F. Not sure what the...
  19. jumbos

More Erie Perchin-Sunday-July 14

Hit burwell again, with my son, dad and mom. It is getting hard for my mom and dad to get out on the boat, but I know they really like going perchin. It was a bit harder to find them sunday and the size was a bit smaller. Started where we left of last weekend in 41 fow in front of the silver...
  20. jumbos

Erie Perchin....nothing like it!!!!

Got the family out for some perchin today. Decided at 8 this morning to head down to Burwell, called ahead to see if they still had minnows.......ah...nope. Soooooo off to long point to get a cooler full of Jimmy's finest swimmers, then back home, and hook up the boat and finally off to...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks