Search results

1. S

Snap Weights?

With the great walleye numbers the last two years I have no trouble catching fish. I get most on lead-core and dipseys, much less on riggers. From what I read that is pretty consistent with most of us on this forum. However, I am always trying to simplify my setup and put less gear between me...
  2. S

Brantford Ducks Unlimited Dinner

A great meal at a beautiful location The Brantford Golf and Country Club, in support of wetland conservation, Saturday April 4th. PM me to arrange tickets or I will have some with me down at the Swap Meet/Sport Show in Port Rowan this Saturday morning.
  3. S

Testing Photo Upload

Test
  4. S

Weird Racoon Experience

I live out in the country south of Brantford. Over the years I have shot a few sick raccoons. Early this fall I shot one that I assume had distemper or rabies. It was staggering, glassy eyed and very confused looking. This is unfortunately pretty common these days. About two weeks ago late the...
  5. S

2016 Youth Hunt

Once again we will be hosting a Youth Hunt on the Friday Saturday September 16th and 17th which is the Heritage Hunting Day open to Youth Hunters under 18 years of age. There will be a training session on Friday night hosted by the Norfolk Chapter of Delta Waterfowl followed by a guided half...
  6. S

Migratory Bird Permit Now Online

I just did this. It takes a few minutes as there is a lot to fill in but worth it. It has a huge advantage in that they send you a PDF of the license which you can save on the computer and print multiple copies so you can have them in all your shooting jackets and shell boxes. I always used to...
  7. S

2015 Youth Hunt Application - Act Now Filling Up

Flyer and Application for this years hunt are attached. Please act quickly to not be disappointed. We are quickly filling up.
  8. S

Special Youth Heritage Hunting Day September 20th

Most are aware that we now hold our LPWA Youth Hunt on the Special Youth Heritage Hunting day which allows young hunters a special day a week before the regular opening of the season. We will have 18 Young Hunters out this year as part of our event. However Hunters with young people at home do...
  9. S

DON'T WAIT ACT NOW! We still have room in our 2014 Heritage Youth Hunt

3rd Annual Long Point Heritage Hunt Sponsored by The Long Point Waterfowlers Association & Long Point Waterfowl This youth event will provide an opportunity for young hunters to learn more about waterfowl hunting and, most importantly, to get out in the marsh and personally experience and enjoy...
  10. S

2014 Youth Heritage Hunt Application Form

Long Point Heritage Hunt, Saturday September 20th, 2014 Sponsored by The Long Point Waterfowlers Association & Long Point Waterfowl 1. Youth Hunter Application: 12-18 years of Age Name of Youth Hunter: _____________________________________________ Date of Birth dd/mm/yyyy...
  11. S

Looking for Suggestions for Next Year's Marsh Maintenance - Sat. Nov. 9th

The board of directors of the LPWA are looking for suggestions of where and how to direct our efforts around marsh maintenance and improvement. We have a pretty good budget to work with but want to make sure it is spent where it is most effective. We will hold a short meeting in the Unit Office...
  12. S

2013 Youth Hunt

This is to announce the 2013 Long Point Waterfowlers' Youth Hunt. This will be our seventh event and the second held in partnership with Long Point Waterfowl. This years event will be September 20th and 21st. Following the pattern of last years very successful hunt, Friday evening will be a...
  13. S

Still Room in Youth Hunt

Guys there is still room for more young hunters in the youth hunt.This year is special because its a chance to get out in the Unit and hunt a week before the regular opener. This is open to licensed youth and apprentice hunters 12-17 years of age. We will provided a guide if one is requested...
  14. S

See you Next Year!

Went out today for my last shoot. Got over to the Unit just before the office opened and picked dead last. Just went out by myself with my bi-polar young dog. Had a wonderful morning, (she was having one of her good days)ended up at noon with one short of a limit (4 fat mallards and a...
  15. S

Long Point Old Boys Club -Secrets Revealled!

In another thread the subject of the mysterious "Old Boys Club" has come up again as it does from time to time on "68". I have some time this morning and felt compelled to address the issue. It is certainly a strange organization. From what I call tell like a lot of secret societies it has no...
  16. S

Successful Youth Hunt Thanks to all who helped.

Saturday was another successful youth hunt. We have now put 100 Young Hunters through a special half day course on waterfowl hunting fed them a lunch which included goose stew and then took them for an afternoon/evening hunt in the Unit. A small organization like the LPWA could not do this on...
  17. S

Still Spaces Left in Youth Hunt

Still a few spots left in the youth hunt. If you know a young hunter who would benefit please let them know.
  18. S

2011 LPWA Youth Hunt Application

LONG POINT WATERFOWLERS ASSOCIATION YOUTH WATERFOWL HUNTING DAY REGISTRATION AND APPLICATION Sat. October 1st, 2011 1. YOUTH HUNTER APPLICATION: 12-16 Years of Age. Name of Youth Hunter: _______________________________________________. Birth Date...
  19. S

2011 LPWA Youth Hunt Announcement.

LONG POINT WATERFOWLERS’ ASSOCIATION FIFTH ANNUAL SPECIAL YOUTH HUNT ANNOUNCEMENT In an effort to expose young people to the beautiful marshlands of Long Point and to introduce them to the great tradition of waterfowl hunting the Long Point Waterfowlers’ Association are organizing our second...
  20. S

Office Hours?

Work has kept me away for a few weeks. Is the office still opening at 5:00AM? If so does anyone know when it switches to 6:00?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks