Search results

1. S

Sliver bass

I have eaten them and thought they were fine. However, I have been advised not to freeze them. I have no experience myself but been told by several guys who are commercial fishermen that they are mushy after freezing.
  2. S

Off Topic Animal identification??

Tail looks clear to me. I would say with 90% certainly a coyote in poor condition possibly with mange. A lot of them look like this.
  3. S

The Redneck Fish and Game Washing Bucket/Pail: The Most Simplest and Fastest Way I Have Ever Seen to Wash Fillets and More.

I made one of these about three years ago and thought it was so great I made up a bunch more to give to friends. They are also wonderful for cleaning birds (ducks/pheasant). Swirling in the cold water removes blood from the meat and any loose feathers float to surface and out the top.
  4. S

Rudder for bow mount trolling motor.

That makes a lot of sense to me. Will be thinking about a quick on/off attachment. I could see it being great for smallies and walleye but would want it off to stalk the shallows for LM 🤔
  5. S

Turkeys are gobbling already !

I went for a walk in the bush behind my house this afternoon. Never many turkeys here in winter. They generally start showing up around the first of April. I walked slow, looked for tracks, scratching or feathers…..nothing😞. I had brought a tall can of a favourite beverage and sat on a log to...
  6. S

What decoys to start season with

I don’t know Sonny. I few times picking up on a cold dark December evening with freezing hands and leaking waders I thought I had WAY too many 😉
  7. S

What decoys to start season with

Mallards are very good general purpose decoys. If you are in the right spot and well hidden almost all puddle ducks will come to them. You don’t mention a motion decoy. If you don’t have one of those I would invest in that before a lot of other species. I always mix my spread up but I have too...
  8. S

Steel shot and Doves

Sorry Magnum I keep forgetting to check for you but I did just now. They are Winchester Experts 2 3/4 1 oz #6. I bought them (I think at Hummason's) initially to have in my blind bag for a cheaper and more efficient load to dispatch crippled ducks. They do a great job under 40 yards but limited...
  9. S

Missing Fishermen Port Burwell

My apologies, you are absolutely right I had not considered the boat could be under power in my observation. I was just picturing it drifting and thought it should be easy to find. Moving on its own even a trolling speeds puts almost the whole lake in the search zone. Certainly hope this turns...
  10. S

Missing Fishermen Port Burwell

We saw a helicopters just west and over the lighthouse at LP today flying low. I don’t know anything about these things but seems surprising the search area is so large. I would have thought wind and wave data and algorithms would narrow down a search area pretty tight. Certainly hope my brother...
  11. S

Steel shot and Doves

I come at this from a different point of view. Most of the shells I put through my shotgun in a year are steel at waterfowl. Once I get use to the speed and leads I hate to switch back and forth. I have a case of steel #6 which I use on doves and crippled ducks. I am going to try them this year...
  12. S

Off Topic Dipsey Color ?

I only ever run two one yellow (lellow left) and black right never noticed much difference both catch fish.
  13. S

And so the Fat Lady sings...............

Yes I listened to a very interesting podcast about turkey reproduction. The hens have an internal organ which holds sperm alive for quite some time. When she has an egg ready to be fertilized her system open ups connecting ducts and the first sperm to make it up to the egg is the lucky Dad. She...
  14. S

I would imagine she lost her first nest and was able to re-nest. Wish her good luck second time around.
  15. S

Saw a very sad sight yesterday. In the bean field south of my house three mature hens were picking around. I got out binoculars and watched them closely for a good while. Not a poult with any of them 😞
  16. S

Off Topic Another dumb question for you guy

Except when pulling into gas dock 😉
  17. S

Avoiding sanctuary and wind?

Yes wind forecast looks like it will be pretty rough but with it NE you can hug the north shore and get some fishing in wth your son. In your position I would leave the marina and head east along the north shore. This will keep you out of sanctuary which is west of Turkey Point. You will be able...
  18. S

Fishing Report Perch - Bluff Bar - Monday, June 13th

It was nice to see you out there Arnie. My results were similar to yours. It certainly would be nice if perching of this quality keeps up until the walleye move around the tip.
  19. S

Fishing Report Bluff bar june 5th

I once caught a bowfin on a top water popper beside an old duck blind on edge of the marsh. I thought I had on a record largemouth until I got him to the side of the boat. Not pretty but powerful!
  20. S

I got my two the first week but think I was lucky. I live in the middle of great turkey habitat and am always watching for them. I think numbers are certainly down. I am not seeing nearly as many as I did five or six years ago. I have also been doing some reading and listening to turkey hunting...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks