Search results

1. T

Saturday Question

I am thinking of trying Burwell on Saturday morning. I usually look for a more Northerly wind. I have a 17 foot aluminum and look for winds under 20 km/h. My question is what do you guys use as an upper limit with a wind from the South. I don't mind some waves but its no fun if you are having...
  2. T

Thank you RyTek

I recently purchased a 9 inch carbon for the boat. I decided since I have not installed it yet to take advantage of RyTek's black Friday deals and ordered a new mount and travel sock for it. I put my order in and received confirmation of shipping the next day with tracking number. I then...
  3. T

Pricing help

I have a Humminbird Helix 7X G2N with chirp that I just removed from the boat. Everything works as it should but the screen has a very small bubble in the upper left corner. The transducer has a dent in the shell from being located too close to the swim ladder but has never given me any issues...
  4. T

Inner Bay Friday Oct 22nd

I made a last minute decision to hit the lake this afternoon, as such I didn't get a line in the water until after 3. i headed straight out of Collins to about 8 feet of water. I say about because I made one stop closer in and when I went to move the Humminbird gave a flash and shut down. (That...
  5. T

Anyone have eyes on the lake

I am planning to take my dad and uncle out tonight maybe 4 pm to either Burwell or Glasgow. The wind reports look decent but it is a pretty good breeze here right now just East of London. Any one down by the lake that can give me a better opinion.
  6. T

Lake Erie recomendation

I have been up North ( post to come) so I have not been on Erie for a couple of weeks. I am planning an evening trip tomorrow and can't decide between Burwell and Glasgow. Any recommendations?
  7. T

Looking for glove recomendations

One of the items on my sons Christmas list is a pair of cold water/ ice fishing gloves. Any recommendations?
  8. T

Nov 14th perchin

Asked a buddy out for a day on the bay. We had lines in the water at 9:45, action was fast and immediate. The first 5 times I reeled in were all doubles. It never really slowed down all day. Packed the rods up a 2:15. We needed to do a ton of sorting. Only managed a few jumbos but ended up...
  9. T

Akers question

For all you regulars to the area, can you tell me what the row of buoys are just to the left of the launch as you are heading out to the bay from Aker's?
  10. T

LPB Sunday

We were planning on heading to Lake Simcoe yesterday but thanks to channel 6-8 members advice we stayed a little closer to home. My son his girlfriend and myself hit Lake Erie bait for some minnows and headed to the launch. We got on the water and started fishing about 9:30, it was a bit slow...
  11. T

Pefferlaw question

Looks like my son ,his girlfriend and myself are heading up on Sunday. I am guessing with the nice weather it will be a zoo, whats the parking like. Do you recommend Pefferlaw or somewhere else? Is Georgina as good of an area? Thanks for the help.
  12. T

Salting minnows question

What salt do you guys prefer when salting your minnows and how long do you leave them in the salt.
  13. T

Burwell Friday evening

Dad and I had lines in the water about 4 fished until 7 and brought 5 walleye home. Also caught and one silver bass and one farm animal and let one little guy back for another day. Wandered around 60 feet East of Port. Best was RRF in blue/silver on #1 dipsy 3 setting 100 feet back and...
  14. T

Snubbers

Do you use snubbers when trolling dipsies for walleye?
  15. T

Afternoon bite question

The last two trips out to Glasgow we were forced to wait till roughly 1pm to have our lines in the water. Both trips did not produce very well. Yesterday we hit 2 eyes pretty quickly and then it just seemed to shut down. I tried deeper, shallower, faster, slower not even a knock off. I did...
  16. T

Trollmaster Pro3 ?

Does any one know where I might find a trollmaster? Preferably here in southwestern Ontario or somewhere that will ship. I have tried a few places locally with no luck.
  17. T

Erieaun help

After 6 years without a boat my son and I are heading to Erieau tomorrow. It will probably be afternoon before we can get there. We have planer boards and mast as well as in lines, dypsies, jet divers, in line weights and lead core. No riggers for this trip. Its been so long I am a bit fuzzy on...
  18. T

Off Topic Down rigger help

After 4 years without a boat I just bought myself a new to me boat, it came with a rigger. I have never owned a rigger before, I will be using the rigger on Erie for eyes and bows. My question is what are your preferences for cannon ball weight type etc.
  19. T

Asian carp

The following is a joint news release issued by the Michigan and Ohio Departments of Natural Resources: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 13, 2012 Media Contacts Michigan DNR: Jim Dexter 517-373-3375, Debbie Munson Badini 906-226-1352 Ohio DNR: Rich Carter 614-565-8910, Bethany McCorkle...
  20. T

Port Bruce June 23

3 of us were on the water about 7:45 and fished till 11:30 brought home 37. Fishing was slower especially after 10 and the size was smaller. Through back about the same number and only 3 jumbos in the bunch.As always service at NEM was nothing but exceptional.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks