Search results

1. DaveJ

6mm PPC

Looking for 6mm PPC brass..new, used.. or loaded ammo
  2. DaveJ

No walleye...

...but they did have some ling/turbot. Steelheads is short of walleye..even frozen...but they had a great alternative! I'll post how it turns out..but I love Ling!
  3. DaveJ

Maitland River

Any steelhead reports from the Maitland? Thinking about all this spring weather and maybe some steel!!
  4. DaveJ

Mitchells Bay Ice

My bud Josh (Bass Haven owner) reported this on his facebook...looks like Mitchells Bay is a go! Walked out of Bass Haven today. 8 inches of solid ice. Our Park and walk is open. Found a few gills and perch. Water is Muddy but cleaning up. Was able to poke around cutting holes and found...
  5. DaveJ

Going out of Pt.Glasgow for the first time

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/aZiEv4Nd6s4a9H66/?mibextid=D5vuiz
  6. DaveJ

Good Job Prospect!!

https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?JobID=210140 Here's a great opportunity for someone who wants to be the big boss, probably get a company boat, fish all day, be the most popular guy in your group...and get paid!!!
  7. DaveJ

Meat grinder

Im looking for a meat grinder. Not one of the crap ones that have plastic gears for occasional kitchen use. Im thinking one around 1-1.5 HP, 50 lbs per minute, that I can use at home but also next fall for doing deer butchering..our own group plus I may do some cutting for others. Not a massive...
  8. DaveJ

Body Bait Storage

Alas, I have too many body baits..couple hundred at least. Theyre in the plastic Plano boxes, and I carry them in a huge Cabelas duffel that is made to store the boxes, but its way over its limit..I need at least one more duffel. On the water there's Plano box chaos, you're tripping over lures...
  9. DaveJ

Venison/moose bacon

Anyone try venison bacon? I have a ton of venison and moose burg, so tried making bacon..lots of recipes online but basic.. 5 lbs mixed venison/moose burg 2 lbs pork ground shoulder curing salt spices..I used hickory spice from Princess Auto jerky package Mix meat well with curing salt, spices...
  10. DaveJ

Storage Cover Cleaner

My storage cover was looking pretty nasty after this summer keeping the boat covered..it didnt get out cause of numerous home renos, traveling, etc. Anyways, its was covered in green and black algae mildew mould from rain, etc. I used the power washer on a wide spray to get the crust off but...
  11. DaveJ

Smoked Maple Glazed Salmon

Had some salmon in the freezer from a sale at Pres Choice so decided it was smoker time. Here's my recipe. Brine...1 cup soy sauce to 4 cups water. 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sea salt, kosher salt..anything pure without iodine and anticlumping agents, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp ginger, and...
  12. DaveJ

And so its started

https://todaysnorthumberland.ca/2023/08/31/mnrf-charge-four-anglers-on-ganaraska-river-in-port-hope/ What a crime to let this bs continue. Watch any of the YouTube videos of the fishing zoo on these river...snagging is the preferred technique. It should just be shut down to fishing period.
  13. DaveJ

Rate the Lake Erie Marinas

I'm thinking about getting another slip next year. I had one at Erieau last year, didn't get out much so kept the Trophy Pro on the trailer and because of a summer of major outdoor home improvement projects didn't get it wet once. I might sell the Trophy and go back to a smaller 18' aluminum...
  14. DaveJ

RIP Barry Nash

https://memorials.keithovington.ca/ralph-nash/5254093/index.php?_ga=2.102112705.1712428748.1692189945-1936417016.1692189945&_gl=1*okusfo*_ga*MTkzNjQxNzAxNi4xNjkyMTg5OTQ1 He was a good one...
  15. DaveJ

Another Tailfeathers Tale

Once again...an afternoon out of Burwell with Tom and Tailfeathers proved he is the true Walleye Whisperer, and the Knower of All Walleye Knowledge. My bud an I did a walk-on-seat filler with another 68 gentleman and a lovely lady who was filling a bucket list big water walleye challenge. I told...
  16. DaveJ

Erieau Evening Shift 7/19

Got an invite to join a couple friends and a son. Out of Erieau at 6 out to 70' east of the point. 6 rod setup...2 Dipsies @3 95 and 85, 2 Dipsies @1 65 and 75, 2 Jet divers @190. All metal...various colours like green/orange, purple/blue...didnt really matter. 4 man limit 24 fish in 2 hours...
  17. DaveJ

Mexican Street Corn

We had some walleye tacos last night, and wanted a variation on all the sweet corn we've been chowing down on. Here's a Mex version thats outstanding...almost a meal in itself. Mexican street corn. Boil corn for 5 mins, baste with butter, then onto a hot grill. Turn every minute until you get...
  18. DaveJ

Worm Harnesses

I've been using harnesses for years on Lake St Clair, Lake Erie in the western basin..but always off bottom bouncers or with inline weights like Lead Zepplins..shallowish water. For deep water central basin, how are most people rigging them? Dipsies, downriggers, inline weights? Ive always made...
  19. DaveJ

Pt Bruce launch ramps

Are there any other bigger ramps at Pt bruce other than the one single ramp at North Erie marina? Its small for my Trophy and the lineup for the single ramp is a pain when its time to come out.
  20. DaveJ

This years walleye classes...

I needed a bunch of walleye for an upcoming family fish fry..and I like the bigger fillets as I cut them into perch-ish size for ease of frying and ease of serving 7 or 8 people...so I went to Steelheads in St.Thomas..my fav local fish market. I was able to get the bigger fillets I wanted..those...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks