Search results

1. zxninja

Search and rescue

Anyone hear of something going on tonight? There are three boats, a helicopter and small plane looking for someone or something off od Hastings drive.
  2. zxninja

Fishing Report Finally made it out for some DWP

Headed out of well East of Burwell this afternoon. Four of us fished drop shots from 12-3pm in 48 fow. The bite was lighter than normal but steady enough to keep us anchored in the same spot. We ended up calling it once the cooler was half way full.....more than enough filleting for one guy. I'd...
  3. zxninja

Search and Rescue

Chilling out at the cottage today and have been watching a search and rescue plane cruising up and down Hastings drive shore line. I sure hope whoever got into trouble is safe n sound.
  4. zxninja

In loving memory of...

I would like to take this opportunity to send my deepest condolences to the cooler full of Perch that was spread all over the side of hwy 6 @ Chippewa rd. May you rest in peace dear friends, and may the poor souls who lost said cooler, find refuge in knowing that local wildlife shall dine like...
  5. zxninja

In loving memory of...

Double post, apologise.
  6. zxninja

DW Perching July 10th

Four of us went out and set up in 42fow @ 12pm and the bite was non stop. Still, the fish were biting a little light but definitely picking up to "normal" Lake Erie standards. We took out two scoops of minnows and found that half minnows worked a little better. This was the first trip Perching...
  7. zxninja

Pearching East of Burwell July 7&8

Fished Thursday in 40,45,48 & 50 fow with little success. Three of us boated six....yes SIX Perch in about three hours. We woke up to a calm lake Friday morning and decided to give it another shot. We started in 45 fow and manged eight decent sized Perch in about 40mins. We moved out to deeper...
  8. zxninja

East of Burwell July 4

Three of us took our limit this morning in three hours of fishing. Out from shore at 9:30am this morning with three scoops of J.R. minows. We started in 45fow on a sandy bottom and had three in the cooler after 20mins, but the action was slow. We moved in and tried 40fow for another 20mins on a...
  9. zxninja

Sunday evening East of Burwell

Fished 5:30-8:30pm in 42-27 fow. This was a last min outting that was more of a boating trip than a Perch trip. We missed the bait shop by 15mins and were without minows. Only managed one Perch off chartreuse jigs tipped with a worm. The bite was there, just very light. With favorable winds...
  10. zxninja

Happy Canada day

Hope you all have a great day....fishing or not.
  11. zxninja

Saturday Perching off Hastings

On the Water at 8am. We fished 35, 40, 45, 50 & 53 fow with little success. With reported numbers being very low this season, we decided to make our way west towards Burwell. The numbers got better about half way to Burwell, but we had to move around. We finally found a decent school in 44fow...
  12. zxninja

Hastings Sat Aug 29

Took a couple friends out perching Sat. The bite was slow as compared to most trips out this summer, but we did manage to get them their limit in about three hours of work. The average size was very small at about nine inches but there were a few jumbos in the mix. Fished 48, 50 & 53 fow.
  13. zxninja

Hastings August 18

Once the wind subsided and the Lake flattened out, I took my daughter and sister out Perching for an evening of fun. We launched at 5:15pm, headed to 52fow and drop shot some minnows. We called it quits at 6:30pm with 75 perch ranging in size from 9-13"s. From there we headed to the beach at the...
  14. zxninja

Trolling off Hastings Sun, Aug 16th

I decided to head out and wet the trolling gear this morning. Fished two rods, one leadcore 5-8 colors out with a perch colored redfin and the second rod with a dipsey set @#3 120ft out with a spoon. Fished 8-10am 50-55fow with not even a touch. The depth finder was marking fish at 52ft from top...
  15. zxninja

Hastings August 15th

My daughter and I headed out to 45 fow off Hastings this afternoon and had our two man limit in approximately 2 hours. We fished from 12:30-2:30 and the action was non stop. First perch in the boat 15 seconds after the anchor bit and 99 more followed closely behind. The size was a consistent...
  16. zxninja

inner bay july 7

With the Lake on the rough side, I decided to give the bay a shot for a few hours Tuesday morning. Launched out of the P.P. at 7am and fished till 11am. Started a drift straight out of the park in 6.5 fow. A salt and pepper tube was first on the list with little success. There were a few small...
  17. zxninja

Hastings July 6

Took my daughter and her friend out for our first perch run of the year. Launch at 10am, fished 48fow and were back in by 12pm. The bite went in ten minute waves of non stop to one every couple mins. Although not as thick as I've been on them in the past, the action and size was good enough to...
  18. zxninja

Thurday Perching

With family up to the cottage fpr a couple days and license free fishing week in effect, I made a couple runs out into the Lake L late Thursday afternoon. Surprise, surprise, the perch where non stop again in 45fow. First run was four of us, 1 hour, three rods and a Master baiter (yes...you...
  19. zxninja

Inner bay Tuesday eveing

After two days of unfishable weather, my daughter and I decided to hit the inner bay once the weather blew through. Launched at 5:10, fishing by 5:15 in 6fow. Drifting tubes infront of the park landed two SM in half hour until one last cell of threatening weather brought us back in. Going to...
  20. zxninja

Thursday and Friday Perching

After two season of inviting a couple friends up the the point for some perching, only to be land locked due to high winds and an angry Lake Erie, we finally managed to get out last week. Seeing a small window of opportunity Thursday morning, two of us headed out around 9:30am. The bite was...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks