Search results

1. T

Ice Conditions at Long Point - 2019

Hello Guys, This morning the Inner Bay was basically free of ice for the most part except for along the shoreline. The boat launch at the Big Creek bridge and Big Creek were completely free of ice this morning. Although the Port Rowan harbour still had some loose ice remaining it certainy...
  2. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Big Talk, Well said ... thank you. Jerome
  3. T

Hello Guys, This morning Big Creek and the boat launch was totally free of ice when I drove over the bridge at 0730 hours. The Port Rowan marina was still "iced in" out to the end of the wharf and then it was open water. Although there is still a considerable amount of ice along the shore the...
  4. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Steve, If there is something (especially if it is something that is questionable) that affects us as waterfowlers then it is our (their) business to question what is happening. Jerome
  5. T

Hello Guys, This afternoon Big Creek was partially open at the boat launch (broken ice) with a patch of open water both east and west of the bridge. However the Inner Bay was basically totally frozen over from what I could see with a few thousand Sandhill Cranes roosting overnight on the ice...
  6. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Guys, Thankfully the OFAH and the other Provincial Associations have identified this issue as one of five (5) national issues that they have focused on. If you are not a member of the OFAH then perhaps you should join and support the staff who are looking into this issue for us. Jerome
  7. T

Hello Guys, On Wednesday afternoon Big Creek was starting to freeze at 1700 hours as I drove over the bridge but there were two (2) parties still hunting there. Although the mouth of Big Creek was still open at that time the ice was quickly forming in the Inner Bay since the morning. On...
  8. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Guys, I think that there was a misunderstanding with an "automatic weapon" and an "autoloader shotgun" which is in fact a "semi-automatic" shotgun. I heard a while back that the Liberals have recognized their oversight and have acknowledged that it was a misunderstanding ... that makes...
  9. T

Tundra Swan Season & Director-at-Large Positions

Hello John, I would rather not publically identify this individual on this "waterfowl" forum however if you send me an e-mail (thebuddyboy@hotmail.com) I would be willing to send you a copy of my summary of what happened that evening. Jerome PS I did submit my concerns (including the comments...
  10. T

Hello Guys, Not much has changed from yesterday but the ice has receeded by about 25% overall along the shoreline. Only one "bubbler" is working today at the Port Rowan marina ... the other two that I saw working yesterday were turned off today. Jerome
  11. T

Long Point Guides

Hello Guys, Wow ... some thread ... too bad that these things happen. We are truly blessed with the wildlife abundance that we currently have in this Province and the opportunity to harvest most of the species at this time ... Sandhill Cranes and Tundra Swans to be added to the list in the...
  12. T

Hello Guys, Well ... the Big Freeze eventually came last night with the calm weather. I saw ice extending from my seawall out to about 400 yards (meters) or more. From what I could tell most of the LPWMU appeared to be frozen over by this morning in spite of the fact that the temperature only...
  13. T

Hello Guys, The ice is still out of the entire bay as of this morning but so are the ducks ... where are they? With the low temperature forecasted for tonight there will probably be some ice forming again along the shoreline but it should be gone by the weekend. I heard that the puddlers are...
  14. T

Hello Guys, Although there was some very thin ice extending out 100 to 200 yards from shore on Saturday morning it started to melt in the afternoon. Most of this new thin ice had melted by Sunday morning and all of it was gone by sunrise today ... more of the same this week ... a freeze-thaw...
  15. T

Hello Guys, Although there was some very thin ice extending out 100 to 200 yards from shore on Tuesday morning it started to melt in the afternoon. The mild temperature (4C) overnight reduced the remaining ice to nothing by this morning. Big Creek remained ice free and the Port Rowan harbour...
  16. T

Tundra Swan Season & Director-at-Large Positions

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 November 28, 2019 Re: Director-at-Large Positions Dear Waterfowlers: We are currently having an election within the OFAH to fill five (5) Director-at-Large positions. Perhaps it would be beneficial for those of us who are interested in having a...
  17. T

A Tundra Swan Season in 2020

Hello Guys, I hope that this worked for me. Jerome
  18. T

A Tundra Swan Season in 2020

Hello Guys, This is a much better photo of my letter. Jerome
  19. T

Hello Guys, The remaining ice melted with the mild 9 degrees that we had last night ... this morning all the ice was gone and the Port Rowan harbour was ice free today. Jerome
  20. T

Hello Guys, The Port Rowan harbour is still "iced in" for the most part as are probably the marinas at the end of Colette Bay but the ice is still slowly melting during the day and then reforming a bit at night. Jerome