Search results

1. T

Tundra Swan Season & Director-at-Large Positions

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 November 28, 2019 Re: Director-at-Large Positions Dear Waterfowlers: We are currently having an election within the OFAH to fill five (5) Director-at-Large positions. Perhaps it would be beneficial for those of us who are interested in having a...
  2. T

Ice Conditions at Long Point - 2019

Hello Guys, I did not think that I would have to start this "thread" this early but the ice "rolled in" last night. The North East wind on Monday kept the ice from forming but the low temperature and the lack of wind overnight was ideal for the ice to form several hundred yards out from shore...
  3. T

More Sandhill Crane Seasons

Dear Waterfowlers: I just read in the November 2019 issue of "Wildfowl" that the State of Alabama will be conducting its first Sandhill Crane season this year with 400 permits being issued to hunters to harvest three (3) birds each this season. The State of Kentucky and the State of Tennessee...
  4. T

More Tundra Swan Seasons

Dear Waterfowlers: I just read in the November 2019 issue of "Wildfowl" that the State of Delaware will be conducting its first Tundra Swan season this year with 84 tags having been issued in August. The State of Maryland has also been granted the option to have a Tundra Swan season but the...
  5. T

A Tundra Swan Season in 2020

Dear Fellow Waterfowlers, This is to advise you that I left a formal letter at the LPWMU office on September 16, 2019 to be posted at the office along with several "handout" copies of this letter (in a reduced format) for anyone interested in a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season. I was...
  6. T

Trophy Tundras

Hello Guys, If you are interested in hunting Tundra Swans at some point in the future check out the article "Trophy Tundras" in the current "Hunt Annual" issue of Delta Waterfowl. It would appear that the USFWS has increased the number of tags by 25% (from 9,600 to 12,000) as they had proposed...
  7. T

The OFAH Survey and Our Tundra Swan Season

Hello Guys, This survey is a great opportunity for waterfowl hunters who would like to have a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season implemented in our province express their desire to the OFAH staff. The OFAH staff currently do not support a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season. I have...
  8. T

Trumpeter Swans at Long Point

Hello Guys, I saw two (2) Trumpeter Swans at Long Point yesterday afternoon. I watched them for over a period of an hour while a Mute Swan cob (male) harassed one of them ... probably the Trumpeter Swan cob. Eventually the Mute Swan cob returned to another Mute Swan (probably the pen) in the...
  9. T

Johnny 1 Duck

Hello Johnny 1 Duck, I have a letter to send to you as the President of the LPWA and would like to know your last name. Could you send me an e-mail with your last name at "thebuddyboy@hotmail.com" at your earliest convenience. Jerome
  10. T

Available Funding

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 March 27, 2019 Re: Available Funding Dear Fellow Waterfowlers: Further to my letter of March 22, 2019 regarding the Delta Waterfowl survey that was conducted last fall and the additional subsequent funding that I provided to Delta Waterfowl for its...
  11. T

Delta Waterfowl Survey

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 March 22, 2019 Re: Delta Waterfowl Survey Dear Fellow Waterfowlers: Further to my letter of October 31, 2018 in which I provided several reasons why we should support a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season in Ontario this is to express my most...
  12. T

December 22 Hunt

Hello Guys, I hunted B Zone last Saturday afternoon as there were some Mallards feeding again just off my seawall for most of the morning. I noticed that there were many hunters using the unit that day ... how did anybody make out? There was not much shooting that day from what I could hear. I...
  13. T

Ice Conditions at Long Point - 2018

Hello Guys, I have posted this thread each year for a few years now and welcome comments from everyone. I can check and post the ice conditions at Big Creek and Port Rowan on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings as I go to the gym on those days. This morning there was thin ice going out 200 -...
  14. T

Reasons to Support a Tundra Swan Season

798 Highway 59 Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0 October 31, 2018 Re: A Canadian Tundra Swan Season Dear Waterfowlers: Further to my letter of October 17, 2018 that included some recent significant developments regarding A Canadian Tundra Swan Season this is to request that you submit a short note...
  15. T

Swan Identification Guide

Hello Guys, I have prepared the following brief Swan Identification Guide with some tips for new hunters. Delta Waterfow has now included basic swan identification in its youth hunter training course. Jerome
  16. T

Tundra Swans Have Arrived

Hello Guys, I saw 22 Tundra Swans fly over yesterday afternoon after I returned from a short kayak tour of the bay. I also saw a Bald Eagle spook a fairly large raft of ducks at the head of the bay. Jerome
  17. T

Delta Waterfowl Survey

Hello Guys, I just completed the Delta Waterfowl Survey online and submitted the following comment at the end of the survey. There should be a limited (tag only) Tundra Swan season in Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan due to the ever increasing population of Tundra Swans as per the Management...
  18. T

What is the AGM Date for the LPWA?

Hello Guys, Has anybody heard of the AGM date for the LPWA this year? Jerome
  19. T

Divers Are Back!

Hello Guys, The ice was melting in Big Creek with open water from the bridge upstream on Wednesday afternoon and there were a few guys fishing from the bridge. The next day Big Creek was opening up into the Inner Bay and there was a pile of ducks pouring into the open water ... between two to...
  20. T

Ice at Long Point - 2017

Hello Guys, I have started an "Ice at Long Point" thread for several years except for last year as i was criticized for doing so. However most of you appreciated it and the updates that others provided as well. On Saturday night there was only some thin ice along the shore but on Sunday...