Search results

1. Jello

Vehicle Through the Ice?

I watched this guy go through on Kempenfelt bay, lake Simcoe in '06. The ice had split open down the middle and had just refrozen over that spot. 4-5" good inches on either side, 1-2" over the refrozen area. Guy didn't even bother to scout it. Just drove straight over it and went for a swim. .
  2. Jello

Best duck boat

I liked the 2-stroke power when the boat was loaded. Easy to maintain as well.
  3. Jello

Best duck boat

She can hide real nice. https://i.ibb.co/tpjBVzw/IMG-20210119-085002.jpg .
  4. Jello

Upgrade for my Minn Kota

I just went through all of this researching. A bit mind boggling, and expansive. I picked up two Helix 7s with networking and plan to run them off one transducer at the back.
  5. Jello

Pike jigs?

@Wildfire I've contemplated tubes. I found some big tubes. Hoping the stores open soon so I can physically look at the tackle. @Duck Soup thanks for the info. Very useful! 👍🏼
  6. Jello

Pike jigs?

Anyone else bored and online tackle shopping? Lol. I'm looking around for some pike jigs (bucktails). Something on the big'ish side. For fishing the bar or inner bay. I found these Mustad jigs https://mustad-fishing.com/product/beb?color=Red%2FWhite They get larger in over all size as you go...
  7. Jello

Best duck boat

30hp Evinrude E-Tec. Had that boat loaded with 2 guys, big dog, blind, 90 decoys, and misc gear. Could put it on plain pretty well still.
  8. Jello

Best duck boat

I hunted with a Lund SSV-16. Small enough to get through the unit marsh but handled chop well. Selling it in March if anyone interested. Bought a new fishing boat, giving up waterfowling.
  9. Jello

Changing Braid?

Nust spool it from one reel to another. The braid on the last have of the spool has no mot been toughed hardly
  10. Jello

VHF Radio D Class

I don't know much about radios. Radio world typically sells good products. And they seem to know their stuff so a phone call to them with what you're looking for would probably put you on to what you need. This one seems to rival what the OP was looking at. https://www.radioworld.ca/ic-m93d
  11. Jello

VHF Radio D Class

Radio World has a few on sale right now. https://www.radioworld.ca/browse/display/id/79
  12. Jello

Best lines for different applications..

If I remember correctly, braid for dipsies and in line boards. On the inline boards, you can loop the line around the clip so it doesn't slide or pop off. I think 50lb or higher braid is the standard. Use a good joining knot and tie a nice long florocarbon leader to your braid for your boards...
  13. Jello

Fishing Knots

I've been using Alberto's knot to tie floro leaders to braid. Fairly easy to tie and very strong.
  14. Jello

Trolling motor batteries?

They make 24V batteries and I did see some info that you can use one 24V instead of 2 x 12V. Too pricey for me still but I think for the long run and reliability, they'd be a solid investment for a serious fisherman thay can swing the initial cost. I'm sure in the future, when combustion...
  15. Jello

Just looked on Costco. Their Kirkland brand Group 27 is 120Ah at a great price. Never thought to look there. Thanks.
  16. Jello

68ers quiz!

Zander 😁
  17. Jello

Ice Auger Brand?

It looks like the Rapala Fin-bore (used to be made by Normark) would fit that.
  18. Jello

I'm planning on putting a 24v Minn Kota 80lb on my new boat for the spring. What batteries are you all running for your trolling motors (and where did you get them)? Minn Kota recommends group 27 batteries with at least 110Ah. I haven't seen any online with that high amp hour rating. Most I've...
  19. Jello

Ronnie's have bait?

Wondering about getting minnows and leeches availability with the whole covid thing.
  20. Jello

Pike still in the shallows?

Thanks for the replies ?? It's a toss up between the bay and the grand. I guess it depends on the wind.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks