Search results

1. Jello

Pike jigs?

Anyone else bored and online tackle shopping? Lol. I'm looking around for some pike jigs (bucktails). Something on the big'ish side. For fishing the bar or inner bay. I found these Mustad jigs https://mustad-fishing.com/product/beb?color=Red%2FWhite They get larger in over all size as you go...
  2. Jello

Trolling motor batteries?

I'm planning on putting a 24v Minn Kota 80lb on my new boat for the spring. What batteries are you all running for your trolling motors (and where did you get them)? Minn Kota recommends group 27 batteries with at least 110Ah. I haven't seen any online with that high amp hour rating. Most I've...
  3. Jello

Ronnie's have bait?

Wondering about getting minnows and leeches availability with the whole covid thing.
  4. Jello

Pike still in the shallows?

Now that we can move around a bit, I finally got the boat out of storage. Will the pike still be hanging around the shallows?
  5. Jello

For Sale Field layout blind and dog blind

Avery GHG dog blind. Comes with extra cover. $80 Final Approach layout blind. Has a couple of tears at the hinge (bottom). Otherwise it's functional. $80 Pick up in Port Dover. Better off to email me directly markfeijo@yahoo.ca
  6. Jello

Wanted Old Olt duck calls.

Looking for older Olt duck calls. Specifically the D-2 or D-2k models (also known as Olt round holes and Olt key holes), see picture. As long as the call is in tact (doesn't matter if it has the reed in it), I'd be interested in them. Paying $10-$30 depending on condition. E-mail me at...
  7. Jello

Taxidermist question

Anyone know if Rick Davis is still doing work? I've also heard the name Duane Carlin in Port Rowan floating around. I don't have any numbers nor can I get anything to come up on Google.
  8. Jello

Time change Friday?

Friday is Dec 1st. Does the blind selections time change to 6am? Thanks.
  9. Jello

Winter is coming.....

Freezing temps dipping down to -7 on Thursday and -5 Friday, and a few sub zero lows may be a bad sign of an early end to the season :( I think the fact we're seeing Goldeneye and Oldsquah down here already might be the tell all.
  10. Jello

Sustaining membership payment?

I won’t be out hunting for another few weeks but I have some time to drive down to the unit this Saturday. Am I able to pay my membership at the unit office (Or leave it there for Brad)?
  11. Jello

North Shore bass yet?

It's been a sad state of affairs trying to get out fishing this year. Hopefully getting out this afternoon for the first time this year with my son. Any bass holding on the rock piles along the north shore yet? I know last year they were there now but the bay had warmed up quick last year...
  12. Jello

Slow start but a great season!

With slow migration I was getting a little discouraged for a while but things really picked up around mid November. Had some amazing days out there, flocks of 25-50 Redheads following the line and dumping right into the hook. What a sight! A year of firsts. After years of getting the odd hen...
  13. Jello

Taxidermist

Can't find the old post about this, but who's a good (local, Norfolk and surrounding) taxidermist that doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I got a really nice bull Canvasvasback I'd like to get done.
  14. Jello

It's that time again.... Ice?

Think the marsh will be ok for Friday and Saturday? Looks like the temps are dipping to around -5 at night, but the highs are only -2 or so.
  15. Jello

North Shore bass - July 8th

Worked a few spots on the north shore from Dover west. Found some nice groups of bass holding structure and worked over them. Didn't get a sniff trolling or casting cranks so I switched to plastic and started getting them. Mostly light strikers so I really had to finess the bait. Ended up...
  16. Jello

How's the bay? Water/weather wise

Looking to try it somewhere tomorrow. Calling for NW and W winds 10-15 knots. Wondering how the bay would be?
  17. Jello

Pike/perch and avoiding bass?

Friday is looking good weather wise and I'm going to escape from Dover. Was looking to fish the inner Bay for pike or perch but when I was there Saturday we were pretty much picking up bass constantly. We were trolling about 6-8' of water using large body baits and mepps musky spinners out by...
  18. Jello

Old cut launch

Is the Old Cut Livery launch open? Was going to try for perch/pike and would rather launch there if I could.
  19. Jello

Self serve?

When does the office close for the season and if it's available this year, when would self serve start?
  20. Jello

Unit office time

I thought I read the unit office now opens at 6am? Am I correct on this?
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks