Search results

1. tailfeathers

Perchin November 21

Hit the water out of Akers yesterday at 9.50 with 4 people fishing and 3 scoops of their finest emeralds. Set up straight out near a few other boats! Nothing for 45 minutes let's move. Moved away from the pack 7.5 ft of water and fish on. Had a dozen by 11.20 when the rest of their friends...
  2. tailfeathers

Live report Port Burwell today August 25

Out this am with Trevor M and the pier plinking buddies. 2.5 to 3 foot waves 4 Walters and 1 bow 46 to 54 ft..
  3. tailfeathers

Fishing Report Burwell today she be rough.

Today we ventured out on what was to be a maximum. 5 of a metre. More like 2 meters. Fishing was better. Finished with a respectable 17 walleye one trout and two perch. We ran 2 number 1 dipsys on 3 setting back 150 4 leadcore 6 color with husky jerks 2 riggers 50 ft down 58 to 61 ft no real...
  4. tailfeathers

Port Burwell walleye revenge.

Headed out on a very bumpy lake at 3pm today Set up started around 43 ft put out 2 rods in 6 color leadcore on each side on in line planers. First fish in the boat at 45 ft. Steve 1990 a forum member told the walleye he would end it quickly by slitting his throat. Second walleye on a 6 color...
  5. tailfeathers

Port Burwell Saturday night

6, 7 and 8 color with purple chicken wing and nascar mini streak spoons and moonshine rv wild perch where the hot colors. 2 black dipsys back 150 where the hottest with half the fish. 57 ft was the ticket.
  6. tailfeathers

Port Burwell dance lessons.

My crew today was one of the best charters ever! After showing a couple of the ladies how to run the leadcore on the planer boards it was game on . From feeding out the lines hooking the clips and landing the fish these girls did it all well. We finished with 25 walleye and had a blast. We ran...
  7. tailfeathers

More missing eyes in Burwell

Today's group where not as good finessing the walleye as yesterday's hf ladies group. We still finished with a respectable 22 walleye a 24 inch rainbow and a couple silvers. 4 and 5 cores early then had to break out the 6 color lead. Dipsys back 70 on a 3 setting 40 to 60 ft they're all over.
  8. tailfeathers

Port Burwell is missing 33

Went this am with 5 smaller clients started in 40 ft never went over 52 4 and 5 color leadcore on the big boards. 2 dipsys set on 3 back 65. Winning lure was purple boxers. These clients shall return .
  9. tailfeathers

Port Burwell tonight

Had 2 clients out this evening. Headed east but no fish found headed deeper found lots of bait and eurica fish on. Finished the charter with a dozen walleye and 1super small rainbow. It was going to die so we kept it 2 dipsys on 3 out 70 ft.4 leadcore two 4 color leadcore and 2 5color purple works
  10. tailfeathers

Port Burwell july 14th

My best charter to date was today. Ended the day with a 24 of walleye. Pulled 3,4,5 and 6 color leadcore on the side planers plus ran a couple dipsys back 110 and 120 on a 3 setting. At one point we had a quad header and landed them all. Anything purple was the ticket pulled at 2.7.58 plus feet...
  11. tailfeathers

Port Burwell eyes and chrome.

Today's charter started slow as most have this year. I ran 8 leadcores and 2 riggers. You can't do that when the fish show up lol. All spoons from watermelon to Jerry Lee to nascar. We finished the day with 7 eyes and 4 bows and some silver bass. We had a double header on bows and eyes. Fished...
  12. tailfeathers

Fishing off Burwell is starting

Fishing is starting to warm up off port Burwell. Was out this afternoon with the Mrs my brother in law and 2 of my regular clients. At one point we had 3 on at once. Nothing off the riggers. 5 and 6 color leadcore caught half the fish. Could not keep the silver bass off the lines but didn't care...
  13. tailfeathers

Monday Monday

Was out Monday morning sharing a blind with Mrs Tailffeathers. We where watching some gobblers strutting out front of our blind for a good half hour when this guy came in from behind us and gobbled 10 feet from us. I guess our hearts are still good lol. He came around on my side of the blind and...
  14. tailfeathers

Monday monday

The mrs and I where sharing a blind Monday morning watching some strutting Tom's and hens out front of us outside of range for a good half hour. This guy snuck in from behind us and gobbled 10 feet behind us lol our hearts are still good. He then appeared on my side heading for his buddies. I'm...
  15. tailfeathers

London boat show

We,re at the London boat show and I found a beautiful boat for charters. Just gotta figure how to get Stomp to cut a cheque for it. I would graciously offer to captain it for him.
  16. tailfeathers

68 million litres

London free press is reporting the spill of 68 million litres of sewage due to the heavy January rainfall. Just imagine if that were a farmer. It,s easy to point fingers at a very small percentage of the population but as a farmer I gotta say she!£# happens but if half the cities on our great...
  17. tailfeathers

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all. Plus tailffeathers contest is back.

Merry Christmas to all my past years clients and a happy new years contest again. As the contest last year was well received I will be again offering a free charter for 2 people on board tailffeathers for the person who guesses the closest number of walleye landed and brought to shore on my...
  18. tailfeathers

The gales of late November

Took a drive down to Port Bruce this afternoon to check out the high water. Trevor M was definitely not at his normal spot on the southwest corner of the pier lol.
  19. tailfeathers

Ladies crossbow deer hunt results

This weekend I was part of a ladies crossbow deer hunt to help promote hunting. The results and the smiles speak for themselves. If it happens again next year I will try to promote it in advance.
  20. tailfeathers

Elgin Stewardship Youth Pheasant Hunt

This is a free youth mentored hunt over trained hunting dogs. Saturday November 30th 2019.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks