Fishing Report I ALMOST went back to bed. GLAD I DIDN'T

Trevor M

So I posted in the thread I posted on Monday that I was going to go park my butt on the pier again this morning after I dropped my wife off at work. I almost went back to bed instead because I didn't sleep all that well last night. 😩

Dropped my wife off at 6am, then decided I didn't want to do what I would've ended up doing today instead had I gone back to bed for a while, so I went fishin. Got to the pier at 6:45am, line in the water at 7am, first fish in the basket by 7:10am. Lake was like glass until the wind picked up around 10ish.

It wasn't a hot and heavy bite by any stretch of anyone's imagination, but it was steady enough to keep me interested even though most bites were pretty light, rod tip barely moved light to be exact, so in a way I guess it was a good thing I was by myself because I wasn't distracted. Was almost 9:30 before someone else showed up and I had some company and by then I had 7 in the basket.

Fished from 7am until I had to leave at 4pm to pick my wife up for 5.

Glad I decided NOT to come home and go back to bed after dropping my wife off. As I've said in the past, "east is least" I'm not sold on that theory. I've had some of my better/best days off that pier when the wind is blowing out of the NE, E or SE. Today was just another example of that.

I ended the day with 3 sheephead, (first 3 of those I caught this year) 3 white perch (they came home and went to a neighbor after I cleaned them. She was happy) and 19 yellows ranging from 7-10 inches. They're cleaned, vac sealed and in the seafood section of my freezer now. 😁

IF my wife and I aren't doing anything Friday, I might go try again. IF we are, it'll be next week sometime before I get down again.

Attachments

• First good day of the 2023 season. May 24. 19 yellows and 3 white perch came home.jpg
    First good day of the 2023 season. May 24. 19 yellows and 3 white perch came home.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 99
Good stuff Trevor your determination paid off and happy to hear you had a good day. (y)
I knew it was only a matter of time. I may not have the same kind of year that I had last year, in fact I expect I won't considering I'm well behind what I had put in the freezer by now last year, but if I can manage to match what I've been averaging most other years, I'll take it. :)

But I won't be adding to my totals for the year today. Today I'm goin back to bed for a while (have a headache) and when I get up I have a few things to do around here. Told my wife she has to let me know tonight if we're doing anything tomorrow because if we're not, I'm goin fishin.;)

I knew it was only a matter of time. I may not have the same kind of year that I had last year, in fact I expect I won't considering I'm well behind what I had put in the freezer by now last year, but if I can manage to match what I've been averaging most other years, I'll take it. :)

But I won't be adding to my totals for the year today. Today I'm goin back to bed for a while (have a headache) and when I get up I have a few things to do around here. Told my wife she has to let me know tonight if we're doing anything tomorrow because if we're not, I'm goin fishin.;)
Good luck @Trevor M tomorrow if you are going,for it looks like a gorgeous day with light winds in the forecast. Tight lines & Perch ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞 👍🙂

Good luck @Trevor M tomorrow if you are going,for it looks like a gorgeous day with light winds in the forecast. Tight lines & Perch ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞 👍🙂
I saw that Red, that's why, not so secretly, I'm kind of hoping she says we have no plans and I can go if I want too.

I have a neighbor who wants me to take him with me if I do go tomorrow. I told him what time I'd be leaving in the morning (before sun rise) and that IF I do go and he comes along, he better be prepared to be there all day because I ain't leaving once I get there until I'm damn good and ready to call it a day.

He said he'll be sitting out on the corner in front of my place with his gear half an hour before I told him I would be leaving despite me not knowing yet whether I'm going or not. I told him tho that if I don't come out within 5 minutes either side of when I said I would be, that means I won't be going. (I'm hoping I'm going whether he comes along or not tho ;) )

IF I do go and IF he comes along, that'll be something new and different. He'll be catching and cleaning his own for a change :ROFLMAO:

I saw that Red, that's why, not so secretly, I'm kind of hoping she says we have no plans and I can go if I want too.

I have a neighbor who wants me to take him with me if I do go tomorrow. I told him what time I'd be leaving in the morning (before sun rise) and that IF I do go and he comes along, he better be prepared to be there all day because I ain't leaving once I get there until I'm damn good and ready to call it a day.

He said he'll be sitting out on the corner in front of my place with his gear half an hour before I told him I would be leaving despite me not knowing yet whether I'm going or not. I told him tho that if I don't come out within 5 minutes either side of when I said I would be, that means I won't be going. (I'm hoping I'm going whether he comes along or not tho ;) )

IF I do go and IF he comes along, that'll be something new and different. He'll be catching and cleaning his own for a change :ROFLMAO:
I will be fishing tomorrow as well somewhere @Trevor M but I am not too sure on where yet. My last fishing trip was last Tuesday,May 23,out in my hybrid watercraft,( canoe/kayak combo), and I caught a walleye that day,on the North branch of the Thames River,(photo where I parked),IMG_0746.jpeg and paddled down,that eventually feeds into Fanshawe Lake. So,I could be doing that again tomorrow,for another “upper body” workout,lol 🤣😂 meaning,I will be paddling here & there on the Thames River again,in search of some more walleye’s. (Photo’s below). Wishing you and your neighbour,if you are going tomorrow,great success,and hopefully 🤞 Tight Lines & Perch ON!! tomorrow for you both,off the Port Bruce pier. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0727.jpeg
    IMG_0727.jpeg
    505.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0729.jpeg
    IMG_0729.jpeg
    636.7 KB · Views: 29
I will be fishing tomorrow as well somewhere @Trevor M but I am not too sure on where yet. My last fishing trip was last Tuesday,May 23,out in my hybrid watercraft,( canoe/kayak combo), and I caught a walleye that day,on the North branch of the Thames River,(photo where I parked),View attachment 73592 and paddled down,that eventually feeds into Fanshawe Lake. So,I could be doing that again tomorrow,for another “upper body” workout,lol 🤣😂 meaning,I will be paddling here & there on the Thames River again,in search of some more walleye’s. (Photo’s below). Wishing you and your neighbour,if you are going tomorrow,great success,and hopefully 🤞 Tight Lines & Perch ON!! tomorrow for you both,off the Port Bruce pier. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂
Good luck to you tomorrow Red.

I will be on the pier in the morning, but whether my neighbor is with me or not, remains to be determined. I don't know him that well, and he seems like a decent guy, but I only met him last year when he was by to see the neighbor right beside me and they introduced me to him. I only see him sporadically, and I don't know exactly where he lives so I'm not going to go pick him up, nor am I going to wait for him (he knows I won't wait)

IF he's out there when I go out to the car in the morning, then he'll be with me. If not, then I'll be by myself. (I told him when I was leaving and he said he'd be out there half an hour before that which is about when I'll be waking up.)

Guess I'll find out in the morning, but another neighbor who knows him much better told me not to be surprised if I end up going by myself.;)

Last edited:
So I posted in the thread I posted on Monday that I was going to go park my butt on the pier again this morning after I dropped my wife off at work. I almost went back to bed instead because I didn't sleep all that well last night. 😩

Dropped my wife off at 6am, then decided I didn't want to do what I would've ended up doing today instead had I gone back to bed for a while, so I went fishin. Got to the pier at 6:45am, line in the water at 7am, first fish in the basket by 7:10am. Lake was like glass until the wind picked up around 10ish.

It wasn't a hot and heavy bite by any stretch of anyone's imagination, but it was steady enough to keep me interested even though most bites were pretty light, rod tip barely moved light to be exact, so in a way I guess it was a good thing I was by myself because I wasn't distracted. Was almost 9:30 before someone else showed up and I had some company and by then I had 7 in the basket.

Fished from 7am until I had to leave at 4pm to pick my wife up for 5.

Glad I decided NOT to come home and go back to bed after dropping my wife off. As I've said in the past, "east is least" I'm not sold on that theory. I've had some of my better/best days off that pier when the wind is blowing out of the NE, E or SE. Today was just another example of that.

I ended the day with 3 sheephead, (first 3 of those I caught this year) 3 white perch (they came home and went to a neighbor after I cleaned them. She was happy) and 19 yellows ranging from 7-10 inches. They're cleaned, vac sealed and in the seafood section of my freezer now. 😁

IF my wife and I aren't doing anything Friday, I might go try again. IF we are, it'll be next week sometime before I get down again.
Great report and glad you caught some nice fish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks