Port Franks Today

Mickey Finn

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched out of Port Franks at 8:00 this morning.
Went out to 40 feet & set up.
Water was flat most of the morning.

Had a 5lb Chinook on before I had all the rods in the water.
10 mins later a small Coho.
It was probably 2 hours before the next fish about a 4lb Coho.
Lost a 4th one trolling back to port.

Wasn't expecting to catch a whole lot as we came out to give the Mickey Finn a Spring shakedown.
Everything worked well except I forgot the body baits.
All fish were caught on spoons with the Nascar taking 2 & the Greasy Chicken Wing caught the other one.

Came home & noticed I had a tire almost flat on the Boat Trailer....Not much fun....:(

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 61
Reading about the casualties and near misses this season, I'm leaning towards keeping the boat and trailer safe and sound right where it is. 🌻

Launched out of Port Franks at 8:00 this morning.
Went out to 40 feet & set up.
Water was flat most of the morning.

Had a 5lb Chinook on before I had all the rods in the water.
10 mins later a small Coho.
It was probably 2 hours before the next fish about a 4lb Coho.
Lost a 4th one trolling back to port.

Wasn't expecting to catch a whole lot as we came out to give the Mickey Finn a Spring shakedown.
Everything worked well except I forgot the body baits.
All fish were caught on spoons with the Nascar taking 2 & the Greasy Chicken Wing caught the other one.

Came home & noticed I had a tire almost flat on the Boat Trailer....Not much fun....:(
Great catch @Mickey Finn and @stomp 👍👍 and I was wondering on how the fishing off Port Franks has been doing lately,and you both answered my question.👊👊 @Mickey Finn about your boat trailer tire,was it just a slow leak,or do you think that someone let some air out in your trailer tire in the parking lot there? I am just curious if there is some vandalism going on in that Conservation Park. Sorry,and just another question,how is the boat ramp
there,such as,is there low water,for I haven’t got a 4X4 vehicle,just in case I do get stuck in the mud at the boat ramp! Thanks in advance for your feedback,which is very much appreciated. Enjoy your fish fry,to you both! 🐟🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Reading about the casualties and near misses this season, I'm leaning towards keeping the boat and trailer safe and sound right where it is. 🌻
Where is safe and sound @hvyhaul ? in your driveway? Just curious,because I do know that you like to fish out on Lake Erie,like most of us,and have your boat tied up at a boat dock,and hopefully tight lines & Fish On,to you and everyone else!
🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks