Fishing Lodges

SonsOfPerchin

Hi everyone wife and I were wanting to try a fishing lodge up north just wondering if anyone has recommendations on any? She won't fly so fly ins won't work. TIA

Marten River Lodge, about an hour north of North Bay. 4-5 linked lakes, back woods guided on remote lakes, full meal plan available. Last time I checked no A/C, no TV(one in the club house with pool table) no phone. Nice sandy beach.

If you want to go for a long drive, Indian Lake Lodge near Vermilion bay in NW Ontario. It is 1/2 way between Kenora and Dryden. Many connected lakes with a pile of walleye, bass and huge population of muskie. They have nice cabins and boats.

I was there for 2 weeks about 25yrs ago and had 5 walleye eaten by muskie, the biggest had to be 60" long. It had a 14" walleye sideways in it mouth and I could only see part of the head, with my jig, sticking out one side of its mouth and the tail fin sticking out the other side. Not much left of the walleye when the muskie finally let go.

Wow so many options...literally hundreds of great lodges. From remote to 5 star.

Beem to dozens and dozens . All depends what you chasing as well.

For bass

1. French river ( rainbow camp, wosley lodge)

2. Tomiko lake lodge ( smallmouth galore)

3. Lormier lake lodge ( both species , lots of 5 plus .

Muskie

1. French river/nipppingsing( chaudeire lodge)

2. Mountain view lake nepewassi ( tiger muskie )

3. West arm lodge ( muitli species)

Walleye

1. Agnew lake lodge ( Spanish river system)

2. Northern lights ( pickerel river)

3. Red cedar lake lodge

Other great spots

Auld reekie lodge , crooked lake lodge, black bear camp, olive the lake,

Chaudier Lodge for sure. Awesome meals and you feel like hundreds of miles from Toronto and the BS. Awesome atmosphere

Muskie, pike, bass and walleyes (billy is the walleye guide). Shore lunches and Thursday “fry fest”.

It’s BYOB but was amazing. That’s the place I would go to if I wanted to impress anyone

Chaudier Lodge for sure. Awesome meals and you feel like hundreds of miles from Toronto and the BS. Awesome atmosphere

Muskie, pike, bass and walleyes (billy is the walleye guide). Shore lunches and Thursday “fry fest”.

It’s BYOB but was amazing. That’s the place I would go to if I wanted to impress anyone
I have also been to Chaudier lodge. I would never go back after Martins River visit.
Martin River fishing & foods are hands down alot better then Chaudier.
Just my opinion

Anyone ever been to Horwood Lake Lodge recently?
@SonsOfPerchin Horwood Lake Lodge has been changed to, White Moose Wilderness Outpost, due to new ownership. Our Financial Advisor,is part ownership with his brother and a couple of other people,and he asked me last year if I had ever fished at Horwood Lake Lodge before,( when it used to be called that),but I have never fished it,but I have heard over the year’s about the walleye fishing being excellent there!! Google, White Moose Wilderness Outpost, ( there are some video’s of this place as well ),for more information if you like 👍 I hope that this helps you somewhat,and Good luck in finding a fishing lodge up North,and tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟 👍🙂

Last edited:
@SonsOfPerchin Horwood Lake Lodge has been changed to, White Moose Wilderness Outpost, due to new ownership. Our Financial Advisor,is part ownership with his brother and a couple of other people,and he asked me last year if I had ever fished at Horwood Lake Lodge before,( when it used to be called that),but I have never fished it,but I have heard over the year’s about the walleye fishing being excellent there!! Google, White Moose Wilderness Outpost, ( there are some video’s of this place as well ),for more information if you like 👍 I hope that this helps you somewhat,and Good luck in finding a fishing lodge up North,and tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟 👍🙂
Thanks Red. Weird about name change. Still says Horwood Lake Lodge. Been watching couple videos. Someone just told me there is alot of dead heads that pop up from bottom that makes me little nervous

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks