***2023 LPBAA & Erie Bassmaster Spring Pike Tournament ***OFFICIAL SET DATE***

Thanks for clarifying that. We are planning on fishing this. I was just looking at last years weights. I never weigh my fish so hard to figure length vs weight with pike as last year was my first year chasing pike in the fall.

Thanks for clarifying that. We are planning on fishing this. I was just looking at last years weights. I never weigh my fish so hard to figure length vs weight with pike as last year was my first year chasing pike in the fall.
Good luck @DST ! I'm far from a tournament angler, but the guy I fish with knows what he's doing and seems to have a couple of horseshoes hidden somewhere in the few clothes he wears. ;) 🐊🐊

@DST. Yes come on out!! We try and keep this event a reasonable fun event that is focused at local anglers- with some great payouts!! We had 65 boats last year and paid out over 2000 for top place. Its a great day at a great venue and we are all hoping mother nature gives us a good day to play!!

Planning to fish as well as we usually fish this day for pike but have never entered the tournament. Quick question, as your two fish that are to be entered need to be kept in live well, and your hopefully increasing on size during the day, are you still allowed to keep smaller ones to eat following your daily possession limit?

I don't see an issue with that. However we do promote live release in this event and if your fish that you weigh in are dead there will be dead fish penalties.

This year is it going to stick to top 3 pay out and not top 5 like last year?
Hi Greener, the top pay outs are dependent upon the number of teams that register, last year was an outstanding year and it was the most teams that have ever registered for this event....we will have to wait and see.

Great looking weather for tomorrows Pike Tournament on Saturday May 13,2023. “Tight Lines!” & Pike’s ON!! to All!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0645.mov
    18.8 MB
It was a typical windy day on the bay. Well run fun tournament. I think we ended up in 15th with a combined weight of 13.79 big fish was 9.97. Worked hard trying to boat a 2nd big fish but just could not get it done.

@stomp and myself made a late decision on not to enter this season. So I decided over the years of entering that I would donate my time to help out at weigh in time.
I should of taken a picture of the weight in board, but the winning team came in with just over 18 lbs and big fish was just over 11 lbs
Turn out this year was 62 entries.
Special thanks to @Dotcom and @spilliard1 for accepting my help. I really enjoyed helping Jason at the weigh in table. At least I got to handle a lot of pike without catching them😂 and one pike somehow managed to get a good bite on my hand. Thanks to Jason’s help he managed to get my hand out of its mouth.

Big shout out to everyone involved yesterday at the tournament, very well run. It was a great day fishing boating 18 pike and a pig of a smallie. Besides taking first, watching buddy catch a 45 inch musky beside us was prob the highlight of my day, beauty fish.

Attachments

• IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6367.jpg
    IMG_6367.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 60
Yes thank you for organizing the tourney, first year entering as well as tournament for us and ended up getting 4th and big fish. Was a great day and lots of laughs. We ended up with 25 pike

Thanks again and see everyone next year

Big shout out to everyone involved yesterday at the tournament, very well run. It was a great day fishing boating 18 pike and a pig of a smallie. Besides taking first, watching buddy catch a 45 inch musky beside us was prob the highlight of my day, beauty fish.
Any chance your Buddy got a pic of that Ski?
Been trying hard to hook one out there near Long Point... but haven't had any luck as of yet. Cheers!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks