Toronto Maple Laffs

Here's the problem with the disallowed goal......the second Reilly pushed Bob the goalie's pad.........which he DID do.....the nullified any chance to goal would count unless it was CLEARLY across the line before he did that...........there was nothing conclusive to say the puck was in the net first..........then he (Reilly) as he was skating by after his first shot, pushed the pad.........can't do that..........would've been disallowed under any circumstances BECAUSE he pushed the pad.........the OT penalty, just that STUPID rule again.........it was Brodie's stick that hit it out of play while in the defensive zone.....and it cleared the Florida bench. Per the wording of that stupid rule, it was a penalty.........do I like that stupid rule. HELL NO.........what ever happened to referee discretion. Used to be that was only called if it was INTENTIONALLY done to alleviate the offensive pressure of the opposing team and the call was made entirely based on what the situation on the ice was at that time at the ref's discretion. But noooo, not after Buttmunch became the commissioner.......now we gotta take a game that wasn't broken, and "fix it" which really in many ways with some of the stupid rules that have been implemented, THAT one being the stupidest......broke the game that didn't need to be fixed in the first place.

IMG_6529.jpeg

This was well before any whistle or deemed stoppage of play
But it’s grainy and tough to see if the puck is all the way over the line. But play shouldn’t of been stopped. Anywho it’s over
There’s always next year right @Wave Runner

IMG_6531.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm with @rcfire77... Give it up! You already know it's a given that it will be the exact same result next year. Relax. 🤭
They've got 67% of their salary cap tied up in 7 guys. (Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Reilly, Matt Murray and Samsonov.) IF Muzzin comes back that makes it 73% of their cap invested in 8 guys. It'll be interesting to see how many of the 10 UFA players THIS YEAR (Kerfoot, O'Reilly, Kampf, Acciari, Bunting, Simmonds, Aston-Reese, Holl, Schenn, Gustaffson ) they can resign, if any, and who maybe gets traded, and who decides to try their luck with free agency before next season no matter what the Leafs might offer them. How they do next year might depend entirely on what happens this summer.

Matthews, Nylander, Lafferty, Brodie, Muzzin and Giordano become UFA after next season, so they can start talking about contract extensions come July 1 with them, (if either side wants to do that) and Tavares, Marner and McCabe become UFA the year after that. One way or another, changes are coming in Toronto and that could include upper management (Dubas) and coaching staff (Keefe) That remains to be determined.

In contrast since they're the other team I cheer for, the Oilers have 69% of their cap tied up in 8 guys, but only 4 UFA at the end of this season, and 4 UFA's at the end of next, and NONE of those coming up as UFA's this year or next will be any of their stars. Think I'd rather be the GM in Edmonton than the GM in Toronto, whoever that might be, this coming off season.

Anyone ever consider that the Panthers were simply a better team. In 21 -22 they were number 1 overall but after being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs last year they made a few changes they thought would improve their chances in the 2023 playoffs. True, they almost didn't make it to the playoffs but the core of the team was still capable. They didn't beat Boston and Toronto because those teams failed to perform. They were just better.
I hope Toronto doesn't shoot themselves in the foot by doing something stupid to silence the critics. They have a good team and just have to identify the pieces needed to elevate them from good to very good. It's not punishing people in the organization fans are pissed off with.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks