Toronto Maple Laffs

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Wloxe_YLDC0OHptW-3hyaSHWMvcP-vZagGoV33nz9GQ.jpg

See my post in the the other thread (LEAFS)

As for them being pallbearers when I die........ummmm.......no thanks.........as you know Bob, I'm a fairly big boy....(or at least "the beast" between my chest and my waist is) and the last thing I want is for them to drop ME, just like they drop the ball every year........let's call it what it is..Toronto, despite the additions they made at the trade deadline are still a 2 line team.....shut those first two lines down.......you're probably gonna beat'em and as a team in general.......they haven't really shown up for any game this playoff season for the entire game, but for game 2 vs Tampa ..all other games honestly, they've played like :poop:....and that's why they find themselves where they do now........I think in addition to doing what they have done all year, underestimate teams well below them in the standings, and therefore don't play them as hard as they should, (playing down to their opponent) they also got a little complacent after FINALLY winning a playoff series, a series they very easily could have lost if the puck bounced Tampa's way instead of the Leaf's way.......they were lucky to get out of the first round, and the only one's who don't seem to know that are........The Toronto Maple Leafs and their play in the second round has shown that. But, gotta give credit to Florida as well.......they've done what they knew they had to do........basically, put a blanket on Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Tavares defensively in their own zone.......bang the Toronto d HARD in the Toronto defensive zone.......and put the puck in the net when they cough it up after getting hit hard.....and the Leafs powerplay that was so dangerous in the reg season hasn't been against Florida, when they get one, and their lack of scoring on the powerplay has cost them.

Not Really.
Hopefully I can laugh at them again. It's a great tradition around my house after listening to all the fans diarrhea talk all season long of how this season is different. But never is😊

Been saying it for years, and will continue to say it. I am a die hard Leaf fan. Have been my entire life since I was old enough to know what hockey was, and I will be for years to come.......and the one thing the Toronto Maple Leafs are, more than ANY other team in the NHL........is consistent. They disappoint their fan base consistently every year. We know it. We expect it. They're generally a very entertaining team to watch, and often when they lose, they've played just well enough to lose. The game tonight was just another example of that. In fact every game in this series vs Florida was an example of that, even the game they won.

I'm not worried about planning any damn parade. I'm more concerned about what they're going to do with Kyle Dumass......his contract is expiring. He shouldn't have been kept on as GM as long as he was. Keefe is a good coach, but not in the NHL because he didn't get the job done either, especially the way they played most games in these playoffs. As I said, they just weren't prepared, perhaps this year more than any other over the past 7 years, and it showed. They need to bring in someone who will stop coddling them and kick their asses when necessary. Dumass and Keefe clearly aren't those guys.

I'm more interested in what changes they make in the off season. Who they let go, who they sign, who they bring back, and who they trade away and that includes the management and coaching staff, because it's a pretty safe bet, changes are coming, as they always do, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they let Dumass walk, and fire Keefe and bring in a new team altogether. I can't see them bringing back Matt Murray. Like many other Leaf fans I know, I was shaking my head when they signed him in the first place. It also wouldn't surprise me if MLSE fires Shanahan either, because this entire thing has been his baby, and this baby keeps :poop: the bed.

They deserved to win that game
Can’t beat a hot goalie and that’s what you need to win the cup

All the goalies were hot ! Your goal scorers have to score goals, if they don't perform you will lose. How much is Matthews paid and how many goals did he score?? And thats just one

All the goalies were hot ! Your goal scorers have to score goals, if they don't perform you will lose. How much is Matthews paid and how many goals did he score?? And thats just one
Didn’t say woll wasn’t hot but bobrovsky was hotter and more experienced
Panthers might win the cup this year

Oilers definitely will not without a hot goalie

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks