Fishing Report Port Dalhousie Monday May 8th ALL DAY

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Long over due fishing trip for myself as the last few weekends have been ruined by weather or electronics not working correctly..
and Sundays fishing trip to Huron didn’t happen due to weather!
@rcfire77 says he wants to go to Port Dalhousie Monday.. well you don’t have to twist my arm! Coming off two devastating losses by the Leafs Rick and I really needed some cheering up so I was really banking on getting some Salmon action.
Early this morning we headed for Port Dalhousie @rcfire77 headed off first with the big in tow to meet @Steve1990***
And met me at the boat ramp..
we had a bit of an interesting start and eventually sorted stuff out and got on our way! We dipped out to 50fow and scouted around and eventually made out way out to approx 150 fow and head towards the Bar eventually started marking all kinds of bait and fish that wanted absolutely nothing to do with us.. after grinding it out for a bit we got a couple hits that we couldn’t hook up on. Until we did @Steve1990*** got one in the boat for us. With a couple more strikes we got a second one in the boat after about 8 hours of trolling 😃
A couple more hours go by BBQ smoke sausages for dinner and then the sun begins it’s descend into the horizon
Rick is below deck catching a nap.. when whack one of the rods gets smacked and @Steve1990*** grabs the rod and sets the hook when sleepy @rcfire77 comes blasting out of the cabin to reel in his fish! Grabs the rod and starts cranking this one is a bit bigger and has some fight in it we had to juggle some lines and eventually net it on the opposite side of the boat as it was hooked on. We start to put the rods back in their holders after juggling them around and immediately another fish on and we bring the biggest fish and the smallest fish back to back near the end of our day. We trolled around until 8pm and brought the lines in after a quick 15hour troll 👍 all and all was a great day for most of our fish about 60-100 feet down in 165fow using various glow spoons with green and dots on them.

IMG_1847.jpegIMG_6401.jpegIMG_6417.jpegIMG_6433.jpegIMG_6439.jpegIMG_6409.jpegIMG_6452.jpegIMG_6455.jpeg

Long over due fishing trip for myself as the last few weekends have been ruined by weather or electronics not working correctly..
and Sundays fishing trip to Huron didn’t happen due to weather!
@rcfire77 says he wants to go to Port Dalhousie Monday.. well you don’t have to twist my arm! Coming off two devastating losses by the Leafs Rick and I really needed some cheering up so I was really banking on getting some Salmon action.
Early this morning we headed for Port Dalhousie @rcfire77 headed off first with the big in tow to meet @Steve1990***
And met me at the boat ramp..
we had a bit of an interesting start and eventually sorted stuff out and got on our way! We dipped out to 50fow and scouted around and eventually made out way out to approx 150 fow and head towards the Bar eventually started marking all kinds of bait and fish that wanted absolutely nothing to do with us.. after grinding it out for a bit we got a couple hits that we couldn’t hook up on. Until we did @Steve1990*** got one in the boat for us. With a couple more strikes we got a second one in the boat after about 8 hours of trolling 😃
A couple more hours go by BBQ smoke sausages for dinner and then the sun begins it’s descend into the horizon
Rick is below deck catching a nap.. when whack one of the rods gets smacked and @Steve1990*** grabs the rod and sets the hook when sleepy @rcfire77 comes blasting out of the cabin to reel in his fish! Grabs the rod and starts cranking this one is a bit bigger and has some fight in it we had to juggle some lines and eventually net it on the opposite side of the boat as it was hooked on. We start to put the rods back in their holders after juggling them around and immediately another fish on and we bring the biggest fish and the smallest fish back to back near the end of our day. We trolled around until 8pm and brought the lines in after a quick 15hour troll 👍 all and all was a great day for most of our fish about 60-100 feet down in 165fow using various glow spoons with green and dots on them.
Nice looking fish, despite the hickey's on the big one.

I know Steve ( HI STEVE 👋 ) and have been out with him several times fishing with Tom. In fact he and I rode together once since at the time he lived literally just around the corner from me.

:unsure::whistle: He didn't by chance give that poor fish those hickey's did he? :LOL:

It's ok if he did, because givin the fish a hickey is better than this. (See picture#1) Those are HIS hands a couple years ago now. He kinda had a run in with a nice walleye when he went to take the hooks out of the fish. Da fish had other ideas and fought back and felt turn around was fair play, and hooked Steve with the same hooks from the same lure that brought the fish to the boat.

But if you're reading this Steve, don't feel so bad, the second picture is what happened to me when I was playing with a sharp object (a box cutter to be exact) that I shouldn't have been because I had VERY little sleep before I started playin with it last year and forgot, don't pull blade towards fleshy part of hand when cutting something...:inpain::banghead:....push away from hand..........coulda used a couple stitches probably, but I just didn't feel like waiting at the hospital, so I just had my family doctor dress it for me, and gimme a shot. I have a permanent reminder now of that "mistake" :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• steve thought he was a fish.jpg
    steve thought he was a fish.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 36
  • thought this might help everyone else on the pier lol.jpg
    thought this might help everyone else on the pier lol.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
Good fishing guys. It been tought for fishing for most lately. The fishing is going to get better from now on. Next trip you guys will hook the 15-20 lbs. Trust me, salmon fishing is very additive. Every day is a new game. Many factors to consider, location, depth of water , how deep, speed, and what colour to use. Any day without a skunk salmon fishing is a good day on the water. That’s why I love it so much. It’s like a puzzle trying to figure out where the fish are and what they want that day or even time of day. Well done.

We know the ‘story’ about the ‘ripplin red fin’ injury. I pulled out my ripplin box and his lips started quivering and we heard his ptsd fishing story. We all held hands in a circle and offered a one time sacrifice of a custom RRF to the Great Lakes fishing gods!!! ……..not!! He was told to quit belly aching and hand us the silver one!!

Good fishing guys. It been tought for fishing for most lately. The fishing is going to get better from now on. Next trip you guys will hook the 15-20 lbs. Trust me, salmon fishing is very additive. Every day is a new game. Many factors to consider, location, depth of water , how deep, speed, and what colour to use. Any day without a skunk salmon fishing is a good day on the water. That’s why I love it so much. It’s like a puzzle trying to figure out where the fish are and what they want that day or even time of day. Well done.
I can't wait to get back there for some more action... I am just a little sad that if I want to fish more salmon in the summer I need to get wire dipsy set ups or put riggers on my boat.. haha both of which I don't really want to invest in lol

@Derkd9, @rcfire77 & @Steve1990***... Great report and effort you guys put out on the Big 'O' and couldn't had better weather for it. (y)

Hey Derk with how well equipped the boat that @rcfire77 has why bother buying equipment. And BBQ smoke sausages for dinner, wow! If you treat him right, and I'm sure you do, he will have you aboard when he goes down to Lake Ontario for salmon. But I must warn you after you get a 30+ lb. king on you will be totally hooked. ;)

Last edited:
I can't wait to get back there for some more action... I am just a little sad that if I want to fish more salmon in the summer I need to get wire dipsy set ups or put riggers on my boat.. haha both of which I don't really want to invest in lol
You don’t need wire and riggers. Go out with your dipsys and you’ll catch fish. Ya I’m sure it will help but not needed.

We know the ‘story’ about the ‘ripplin red fin’ injury. I pulled out my ripplin box and his lips started quivering and we heard his ptsd fishing story. We all held hands in a circle and offered a one time sacrifice of a custom RRF to the Great Lakes fishing gods!!! ……..not!! He was told to quit belly aching and hand us the silver one!!
I was there that day. It's a true story. He has no problem with any lure that might be used............ when there ain't a fish in a net attached to it that has a bit of an attitude. I'm glad you could comfort him in his time of need, even if that comforting may have included a slap upside the back of the head........;):ROFLMAO:

You don’t need wire and riggers. Go out with your dipsys and you’ll catch fish. Ya I’m sure it will help but not needed.
I’m told it’s needed because of the fleas or whatever get bunched up on your line and in the eyelets of your rod??
I haven’t experienced it yet, but hear it’s an issue

I’m told it’s needed because of the fleas or whatever get bunched up on your line and in the eyelets of your rod??
I haven’t experienced it yet, but hear it’s an issue
I’m sure you can get away with out that stuff. Come on how often are you really going to go to lake o? 1-2 a season maybe. If fishing it regularly than ya maybe take out a second mortgage.

You should get mag size divers. Will go down 80+ feet. My brother uses it from spring to fall. Wire line is $40. You will need to put a twillie tip on the rod so it does not cut into the eye I got rod, reel and line for 280 from spring fishing show

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks