Early season 'eyes - Lake St Claire and the Thames

Puggz

I'm thinking that the east side of LSC and up the Thames this may would be a good strategy for walleye.

Any pointers you could share?

Please and thanks :)

P.

I'm thinking that the east side of LSC and up the Thames this may would be a good strategy for walleye.

P.
My understanding is that once they re-open the Thames east of the Keil St Bridge in Chatham second Saturday of May (13th this year) while there is supposedly a local population of walleye that is always in the river, (wouldn't know that river hated me before I couldn't go stand on it's banks and fish it anymore) most of the migratory fish have gone back out into the lake and supposedly they eventually make their way into Lake Erie. Might have better luck fishin Lake Erie for them than LSC

P.
@Puggz I realize that you were wanting information east of LSC to Chatham,but I personally never had luck in that section of the Thames River before. But if this helps you any,is that the walleye’s and the odd coho’s are being caught from the Bluewater Bridge down to the Mooretown area on the St.Clair River at this moment,according to my neighbour that I had talked to yesterday,and who just left just now ( 5:30 a.m.), to fish somewhere on that section of the St.Clair River again today. That’s where most angler’s seem to be fishing from out of their boat’s right now. Tight lines & Fish ON!!, wherever you have decided to go. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
My understanding is that once they re-open the Thames east of the Keil St Bridge in Chatham second Saturday of May (13th this year) while there is supposedly a local population of walleye that is always in the river, (wouldn't know that river hated me before I couldn't go stand on it's banks and fish it anymore) most of the migratory fish have gone back out into the lake and supposedly they eventually make their way into Lake Erie. Might have better luck fishin Lake Erie for them than LSC
Most Thames walleye are from Lsc.the lake Erie walleye spawn in Detroit river and on shoots in western basin of lake erie

South shore of LSC from the lighthouse to Belle River. Go for a boat ride in that strip, find the boats and join in.

I found a pickerel? (walleye ) hole this morning at a local Big Box Store,and I was wondering,would this be a cheaper way to go,or put $100 in my gas ⛽️ tank,and drive to go walleye fishing around 100 kilometres away from my house,to the St.Clair River around the Pt.Edward area,etc. 🤔 I decided not to buy any walleye’s there this morning,because I would miss out on the excitement of finding and catching these walleye’s anywhere I usually fish for the walleye’s. What do you folks thing? Buy or fish for them? Thanks in advance. 🎣🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpeg
    IMG_0493.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0494.jpeg
    IMG_0494.jpeg
    359.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0495.jpeg
    IMG_0495.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
It’s not about the money, you can’t buy the experience you get going broke chasing fish haha! I fished lake huron off of Port Elgin when the fishery collapsed about 10 years ago…..times like those definitely test your passion but we are still going and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

I found a pickerel? (walleye ) hole this morning at a local Big Box Store,and I was wondering,would this be a cheaper way to go,or put $100 in my gas ⛽️ tank,and drive to go walleye fishing around 100 kilometres away from my house,to the St.Clair River around the Pt.Edward area,etc. 🤔 I decided not to buy any walleye’s there this morning,because I would miss out on the excitement of finding and catching these walleye’s anywhere I usually fish for the walleye’s. What do you folks thing? Buy or fish for them? Thanks in advance. 🎣🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣 FOR THEM

lol 😝 @Alby !! 🎣🎣 etc., 👊👊 and that definitely answers my question for sure,my friend!! You know me well enough from all of my posting’s here on @stomp and therefore,I would rather fish for walleye’s any day,rather than buy them!! 😉👍 🚤 🛶 🎣🐟🐟

Attachments

• IMG_4611.jpeg
    IMG_4611.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5842.jpeg
    IMG_5842.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5009.jpeg
    IMG_5009.jpeg
    287.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5148.jpeg
    IMG_5148.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 1
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks