A wet morning,for the first day of the 47th Annual Salmon Derby. πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ€žπŸ‘πŸ™‚

Is the rain muddying up St Clair river there at all downstreamn of Sarnia, say at Sombra?

Good luck on the derby Red!
I am not too sure @Centerspin about the rain muddying up the St Clair river in the Sombra area. I have been fishing from shore here in Pt. Edward so far today,but if this helps you any,the St Clair river is clear and not muddying up at all,here in the Pt. Edward area. Thanks as well about me having good luck in this derby. πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š Tight lines to both of us & others,and Fish ON!! πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpeg
    IMG_0517.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0514.jpeg
    IMG_0514.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 18
Well I left the dock at Port Franks at 6:00 AM and fished through the rain and wind until the thunder and lightning showed up. Then it was get both rods up and head for Port. All I had to show for the morning was a very very small Rainbow. He was so small he did not release. I put him back to grow. There will be better days ahead once the rain quits. Some did well as the weigh station had a few when I left. At least I was smart enough to leave my top on the boat and did not get too wet but not having wipers was a chore to see where I was going, lol.

Attachments

• kp graph.jpg
    kp graph.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 40
  • kp2.jpg
    kp2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 41
  • kp1.jpg
    kp1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 42
Well I left the dock at Port Franks at 6:00 AM and fished through the rain and wind until the thunder and lightning showed up. Then it was get both rods up and head for Port. All I had to show for the morning was a very very small Rainbow. He was so small he did not release. I put him back to grow. There will be better days ahead once the rain quits. Some did well as the weigh station had a few when I left. At least I was smart enough to leave my top on the boat and did not get too wet but not having wipers was a chore to see where I was going, lol.
It was a tough bite today @scrimmy I had a good hit off a Cleo that I was using from shore,and after 3 good head shakes from the fish,it was gone!! I never did see the fish,but it felt great with some weight to it. I am just assuming,that it was either a coho or a rainbow trout that I had lost.
This derby is still so very young,and hopefully the weather will improve as the derby days go on! I am hoping to be using my boat one day,once the weather does improve out on Lake Huron,and it’s good to know that you got off the lake with your boat today,because of the thunder and lightning that was showing up. It was also nice to have text back and forth with you this morning,while I was at Pt. Edward fishing,and you were off Port Franks on your boat. We will keep in touch,and See you on the water! πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚

Great photo’s @scrimmy ! πŸ‘πŸ‘ I just got home from Pt.Edward from my fishing trip there today,and I think that I have seen enough rain for awhile!! lol πŸ˜‚ But, I am already looking forward on getting back out there to fish somewhere,in this very early 47th Annual Salmon Derby. I am going to check the results soon from the weigh scales,( Port Franks & Pt.Edward), that were setup for this Salmon Derby,to see how most of the Angler’s made out fishing today on the first day of this Salmon Derby. Photo’s of the weigh scale headquarters,that was setup in PT. Edward today.

Attachments

• 70439595508__6BB61DA2-6107-4F49-9AA7-CB789B3AE4A9.jpeg
    70439595508__6BB61DA2-6107-4F49-9AA7-CB789B3AE4A9.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0515.jpeg
    IMG_0515.jpeg
    348.6 KB · Views: 11
@scrimmy any idea what the water temperature was out there off Port Franks this morning,where you were fishing? I don’t see the water temperature on your Lowrance Fish Finder & Thanks in advance. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Looked for the old @Red Hering tonight when I crossed the bridge back into Sarnia but it definitely looked quite dead down there on the water as well as on the river bank

I was on the St Clair yesterday (Sat) for Wallies between Sarnia and Corunna. Water was clear and about 43 degrees. There was a mud line off the small creek upstream of Corunna that’s about it. We picked up a bunch of eyes and one small salmon. Weather cleared up later on in the day. I was off Sarnia Fri night and it was nasty.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    342.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 24
wheres the leader board you guys

SalmonDana Lawrence, Sarnia17.582023-04-30 12:07:23

Last edited:
10 bucks or buy a year membership for 21 on their website and the derby ticket is automatic

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks