Breaded walleye done in the oven instead of deep fried

Trevor M

My wife said she wasn't hungry when I picked her up from work, so there went my idea that she would cook 2 pizza's and a cookie (from pizza hut) so I hadda come up with something else.

Decided on this.

Breaded the fish with regular boring bread crumbs that I added garlic powder, onion powder, season salt, black pepper and oregano leaves too. Melted some garlic butter and brushed them with it before putting them in the oven (350) Total cooking time, about 10 minutes, flipped once. Nice and crispy, great flavor

Attachments

• 0427231904-00.jpg
    0427231904-00.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 37
You are the chef on this site. Ever done bare walleye filets in just salt and pepper maybe with a butter wash or dip?? Via an oven?

They frying thing. I’m trying to get away from that.

You are the chef on this site. Ever done bare walleye filets in just salt and pepper maybe with a butter wash or dip?? Via an oven?

They frying thing. I’m trying to get away from that.
Sure have. Many times. Also done them just garlic butter in a frying pan and then served'em like that right out of the pan. Might occasionally make a sauce to pour over it (white wine sauce with shallots and fresh garlic, or maybe a Hollandaise from time to time.)

Have also wrapped'em in tin foil making sure to have some lemon slices between the foil and the fish and done them on the BBQ......

I might try this recipe in the not to distant future.

My wife said she wasn't hungry when I picked her up from work, so there went my idea that she would cook 2 pizza's and a cookie (from pizza hut) so I hadda come up with something else.

Decided on this.

Breaded the fish with regular boring bread crumbs that I added garlic powder, onion powder, season salt, black pepper and oregano leaves too. Melted some garlic butter and brushed them with it before putting them in the oven (350) Total cooking time, about 10 minutes, flipped once. Nice and crispy, great flavor
Sounds and looks great @Trevor M. Have you ever made the parmesan walleye oven recipes in the past? If so I'm sure many would enjoy hearing your progress as well as I would as this is a recipe I really want to try.

Sounds and looks great @Trevor M. Have you ever made the parmesan walleye oven recipes in the past? If so I'm sure many would enjoy hearing your progress as well as I would as this is a recipe I really want to try.
No, I've never done a parmesan walleye....parmesan chicken, yes........parmesan pork chops, yes......parmesan steak, yes..........but parmesan fish of any kind.....nope.. Most difficult part would be not overcooking the fish. Everything else, regardless of what recipe you used, is fairly straight forward.

IF I was to do one though, this is likely the recipe I'd use.

Italian Parmesan Walleye​

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound walleye or saugeye fillets
  • 1 (16 oz.) bottle Italian dressing of choice
  • Olive oil spray
  • ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded

Directions:​

1. Rinse fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
  2. Place fillets in a resealable plastic bag or container and add the Italian dressing. Marinade fillets in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a glass baking pan with olive oil spray.
  4. Evenly space fillets in the pan and bake for a total of 12-18 minutes, sprinkling shredded Parmesan cheese over the fillets during the last 2 to 3 minutes of baking. The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the fillets.
  5. Remove from oven and let cool for a few moments before serving.
I would likely add a thin layer of tomato sauce on top of each fillet and use some grated Kraft Parmesan over that and then cover with shredded pizza mozza instead of just parmesan as suggested in the recipe though (personal preference)

Whoa, you're a kitchen magician! Your breaded walleye in the oven sounds like a mouthwatering masterpiece! Adding those spices to the bread crumbs - genius move! And that garlic butter brush before baking? Next-level deliciousness!
No, not a magician. Just well trained. I was a chef for 12 of 15 years I worked in restaurants before I got out of the kitchens and became a truck driver and then I got hurt and now, as my son put it, I'm my wife's "bitch" :ROFLMAO:

Whoa, you're a kitchen magician! Your breaded walleye in the oven sounds like a mouthwatering masterpiece! Adding those spices to the bread crumbs - genius move! And that garlic butter brush before baking? Next-level deliciousness!

Sorry your pizza plans got derailed, but hey, this fishy alternative was a total win! It's awesome how you whipped up something so tasty in just 10 minutes. Quick and crispy, that's the way to go!By the way, if you ever need some Blomberg appliance repair hacks, check out https://fixappliances.ca/blomberg-appliance-repair/. You never know when it might come in handy!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks