Pointers for Sarnia rookie

TMAN

Going to try Sarnia for my first time tomorrow. Any pointers will be helpful. Likely launch out of Sarnia Bay Marina? Do I fish the river or head up to the lake? Looking for salmon/trout

Going to try Sarnia for my first time tomorrow. Any pointers will be helpful. Likely launch out of Sarnia Bay Marina? Do I fish the river or head up to the lake? Looking for salmon/trout
@TMAN I personally would be heading up to the lake from the Sarnia Bay Marina, if I was targeting cold water species like trout,and especially salmon. Once out onto Lake Huron from the St.Clair River,( photo 1 ), I would head east off to the Blue Point area. ( photo 2 ). The Highland Glen boat ramp,( photo 3 ),after repairs were done there,is now open again this year as well,for anyone that is interested. Some angler’s who participated in the Bluewater Anglers Club Spring Derby,last Saturday April 22,2023,had some success there for coho’s,and a lake trout,off the Blue Point area. Tight lines & salmon/trout ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    326.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 29
@TMAN I personally would be heading up to the lake from the Sarnia Bay Marina, if I was targeting cold water species like trout,and especially salmon. Once out onto Lake Huron from the St.Clair River,( photo 1 ), I would head east off to the Blue Point area. ( photo 2 ). The Highland Glen boat ramp,( photo 3 ),after repairs were done there,is now open again this year as well,for anyone that is interested. Some angler’s who participated in the Bluewater Anglers Club Spring Derby,last Saturday April 22,2023,had some success there for coho’s,and a lake trout,off the Blue Point area. Tight lines & salmon/trout ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
Thank you so much!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks