No rainbow trout caught by me yesterday,but the Whitefish dinner tasted great,today!! 🐟😋👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I participated in the Bluewater Anglers Club Spring Derby IMG_0427.jpegyesterday in Pt.Edward and area till weigh in time at 2 p.m., but after trying around a half a dozen spot’s for rainbow trout,coho’s & even walleye’s, I had no luck for my effort!! Like on most of my fishing trip’s,it’s great just to get out fishing,and the St.Clair river is huge,compared to some smaller Lake Huron tributaries that I normally fished on the opening of trout season. The scenery was fantastic,with the odd freighter passing through,like this one,
View attachment IMG_0412.mov
while I was fishing. I was casting mostly Cleo’s in various sizes & colours,IMG_0419.jpeg but with no luck! But like always,the morning coffee always taste better outdoors,especially while I am fishing! ☕😋👍 @Cannonball showed up later in the morning to try his luck in catching something as well,but no luck either from him,but it was still great for us to fish together IMG_0434.jpeg for a few hours there. @Cannonball eventually left before the derby was over,( he didn’t sign up for the derby), and eventually 2 p.m. came around,and it was time to check out who the winner’s in this Spring Club Derby were. There were 2 categories,boat IMG_0462.jpeg and from shore IMG_0463.jpegfishing,with some great fish entered. Well,it was time to say goodbye to the Bluewater Anglers Club members that hosted this event,and thanks guys,and it’s great to be a member of the Bluewater Anglers Club,for many year’s now for me. Well,it was time to look for a chip wagon,that are usually parked near the Bluewater Bridge,but due to the rainy,windy weather which eventually came,they didn’t show up. Purdy’s Fish Market was not too far away from the Bluewater Bridge,and they serve lunch there,and a walleye dinner with fries would be nice I thought,but all they had was,( here it comes!! ), pickerel dinner!! IMG_0452.jpeg 😱🤨 Sorry, I couldn’t refuse!! lol 😝 I ordered only fries instead from Purdy’s,( no pickerel) because I bought a couple lbs. of whitefish instead,IMG_0469.jpegwhich I haven’t eaten for a while now,to take home,and I ended up eating a pound of whitefish today for lunch. “Mmmmm!!” 🐟😋👍 Purdy’s love their Toronto Maple Leafs,and their local Ontario Hockey League team,the Sarnia 🐝 Sting,IMG_0451.jpegby the sign that they had posted there. I am a London Knights & HABS fan!! And the owner of Purdy’s and I joked around for awhile about our hockey team’s. lol 😆 😉 Well,my birthday is coming up through this coming week,and like in most of my previous trout fishing year’s around this time,I am hoping to be catching myself a birthday 🎂 rainbow 🌈 trout somewhere,on one of the many Lake Huron river’s. Tight lines to All & Be Safe & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0457.jpeg
    IMG_0457.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 17
:ROFLMAO: Red.

I teased the kids behind the counter at the McDonald's my wife and I ate at yesterday in Sarnia too. Said to them, "Glad to see Sarnia made it to the next round, but.....sorry bout your luck.....they got London, and they AIN'T gonna beat London." I expect that series to be a good one, they've played each other tough all year, but I think the Knights win it in 7.

Happy early B-Day to you Red and will see you on the lake for the Bluewater Salmon Derby. Going down to Glasgow early next week to bring the Legend home to ready her for Friday at Port Franks. Here's hoping they have the channel marked for Friday.

Happy early B-Day to you Red and will see you on the lake for the Bluewater Salmon Derby. Going down to Glasgow early next week to bring the Legend home to ready her for Friday at Port Franks. Here's hoping they have the channel marked for Friday.
Thanks @scrimmy my friend,🎂👊👊 Yes,here’s hoping that they do have the channel ready and dredged out by the Northside,( docked by the boat ramp at the moment),especially dredged out at the river mouth,so that we can get out onto Lake Huron,during the 47th Annual Salmon Derby! Tight lines @scrimmy and we will keep in touch, throughout this Salmon Derby. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0346.jpeg
    IMG_0346.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 9
Sorry, was gonna say in the last post and forgot. Early Happy Birthday to you Red.

Hope you can get out and catch a few that day.

Sorry, was gonna say in the last post and forgot. Early Happy Birthday to you Red.

Hope you can get out and catch a few that day.
Thanks my friend,@Trevor M 👊👊 I should’ve said anything in my last post,about my upcoming birthday 🥳 but the response’s so far is kinda,”flattering!!” ☺️ lol 😂 👍👍🙂

Thanks my friend,@Trevor M 👊👊 I should’ve said anything in my last post,about my upcoming birthday 🥳 but the response’s so far is kinda,”flattering!!” ☺️ lol 😂 👍👍🙂
That's why I'm glad my birthday falls WELL within my hibernation cycle. But then again, not too many here know when it is unless they have me on facebook as well, and even then.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's why I'm glad my birthday falls WELL within my hibernation cycle. But then again, not too many here know when it is unless they have me on facebook as well, and even then.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
@Trevor M I haven’t been on Facebook for quite some time now,( signed off ),or I might of have seen you on it,to wish you a Happy Birthday 🎂 during your hibernation time. One day somehow I will find out when your birthday is!! 🎂 lol 😆 😉👍🙂

November 11th? Remembrance Day? So that I won’t forget? 🤔 lol 😂 😉 👊👊👍🙂
Nope, but I do have a friend who's birthday is the 11th. He doesn't like it because he feels that particular day shouldn't be shared with anything or anyone because of what it represents. He always celebrates a day before or a day after, but never the day of even though he's been told his entire life, when he was born was kind of out of his hands.

Nope, but I do have a friend who's birthday is the 11th. He doesn't like it because he feels that particular day shouldn't be shared with anything or anyone because of what it represents. He always celebrates a day before or a day after, but never the day of even though he's been told his entire life, when he was born was kind of out of his hands.
I will figure out your birthday 🥳 some how. 🤔 There are only 30 day’s in that month I believe,and how hard can that be for me,not to figure out the right date? lol 😝

Last edited:
I will figure out your birthday 🥳 some how. 🤔 There are only 31 day’s in that month I believe,and how hard can that be for me,not to figure out the right date? lol 😝
30 days, so what I'll tell you since you seem to want to guess.........is...........

it's between the first tone of midnight on Oct 31 and the last tone of midnight on Nov 30. But just remember, EVEN if you guess correctly, that don't mean I'll tell ya you guessed correctly.........at least until I see you in person again.:ROFLMAO:

30 days, so what I'll tell you since you seem to want to guess.........is...........

it's between the first tone of midnight on Oct 31 and the last tone of midnight on Nov 30. But just remember, EVEN if you guess correctly, that don't mean I'll tell ya you guessed correctly.........at least until I see you in person again.:ROFLMAO:
Could be worse Trevor, mine is 3 days after Christmas.

Could be worse Trevor, mine is 3 days after Christmas.
I'm just givin Red a hard time. :ROFLMAO:

But really from week before Halloween until second week of January as far as birthdays/anniversaries are concerned, it gets a little busy for us. There are way too many birthdays or anniversaries in the family to count in that time. Two of my best friends who are like brothers to me (both same day) Wife's grandmother will be 100 this year, several of my cousins, my parents anniversary (this year will be 50 years) myself, my sister in law, my niece, my nephew, a few more cousins, my wife, my daughter, an aunt, a few more cousins, my cousin's wife, my mother in law and those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head without going to look o_O:ROFLMAO:

One of my cousins included in that was born Christmas Day. My cousins wife I mentioned, hers is Jan 1.

PS. I sent him a pm a couple minutes ago telling him when it is :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm just givin Red a hard time. :ROFLMAO:

But really from week before Halloween until second week of January as far as birthdays/anniversaries are concerned, it gets a little busy for us. There are way too many birthdays or anniversaries in the family to count in that time. Two of my best friends who are like brothers to me (both same day) Wife's grandmother will be 100 this year, several of my cousins, my parents anniversary (this year will be 50 years) myself, my sister in law, my niece, my nephew, a few more cousins, my wife, my daughter, an aunt, a few more cousins, my cousin's wife, my mother in law and those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head without going to look o_O:ROFLMAO:

One of my cousins included in that was born Christmas Day. My cousins wife I mentioned, hers is Jan 1.

PS. I sent him a pm a couple minutes ago telling him when it is :ROFLMAO:
I hear you buddy. There are 17 birthdays in my family in December including my youngest son the day after me on the 29th. My grandaughter on Jan 17th, my wife on Feb 17th my eldest son March 2nd. We are very busy from November to March with family Birthdays.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks