Fishing Report Trout opener on fire

jerk bait

Started slow and wet but finished fast and even wetter!

Fished a few local creeks from 630am to 8am. Water is high and starting to get murky but the trout were on the feed.

A couple nice browns interrupted my search for a couple lunch specks but found some after.
Caught about a dozen, kept 4, gave 2 away, and 2 for the pan.
Orange and gold #1 did the trick .
Been fishing these same creeks for more than 25 years and only recently have these bigger browns invaded .

Attachments

• 20230422_064623.jpg
    20230422_064623.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 20230422_093616.jpg
    20230422_093616.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 166
Started slow and wet but finished fast and even wetter!

Fished a few local creeks from 630am to 8am. Water is high and starting to get murky but the trout were on the feed.

A couple nice browns interrupted my search for a couple lunch specks but found some after.
Caught about a dozen, kept 4, gave 2 away, and 2 for the pan.
Orange and gold #1 did the trick .
Been fishing these same creeks for more than 25 years and only recently have these bigger browns invaded .
That’s great trout fishing for you @jerk bait 👍👍 and congratulations 🥳!! My trout fishing today was not like yours,but I still had fun,while I was participating in a Bluewater Anglers Club Spring Derby,in the Pt.Edward area on the St.Clair River today. Through next week, I am hoping to be catching my first trout of this early trout opening season,on one of the Lake Huron river’s. Tight lines & rainbows on to All!! 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0427.jpeg
    IMG_0427.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0423.jpeg
    IMG_0423.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 17
That’s great trout fishing for you @jerk bait 👍👍 and congratulations 🥳!! My trout fishing today was not like yours,but I still had fun,while I was participating in a Bluewater Anglers Club Spring Derby,in the Pt.Edward area on the St.Clair River today. Through next week, I am hoping to be catching my first trout of this early trout opening season,on one of the Lake Huron river’s. Tight lines & rainbows on to All!! 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
Good luck...went back out this afternoon when it cleared and my little guy got his first trout of his life ...a beautiful 13 inch brown. He was all smiles

Good luck...went back out this afternoon when it cleared and my little guy got his first trout of his life ...a beautiful 13 inch brown. He was all smiles
That’s great news @jerk bait 👍👍 and your son is now “hooked” for life!! lol 😂 Good job to you,and trout ON!! to you & your son,to the rest of the trout season & beyond!! 🎣🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Last edited:
Damn Red. Didn't know you were there. My wife and I made the drive to Sarnia just for something to do today. We were under the bridge watchin the water mid afternoon in the rain. Good thing we didn't want fries from the chip wagon that wasn't there today.

Damn Red. Didn't know you were there. My wife and I made the drive to Sarnia just for something to do today. We were under the bridge watchin the water mid afternoon in the rain. Good thing we didn't want fries from the chip wagon that wasn't there today.
It would have have been great @Trevor M to have met up yesterday afternoon with you both,for I was still in Pt.Edward at that time when you both were there,because I was watching the weigh-in results at around 2:30 p.m.,from the Bluewater Anglers Club Spring Derby,which ended at 2 p.m. The weigh-in was held at the Bluewater Anglers Club hatchery. I told @Cannonball ahead of time,who I met there yesterday and we fished together,that the chip wagon likely wouldn’t be there,because of the nasty weather that Pt. Edward was having,for the chip wagon to setup. There should be better weather for some poutine etc.,eating there later,because the good weather should return back soon again! 🌞 🍟 🍔 😋 🤞 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 26
congrats @jerk bait on the trout action and your excited son catching his first trout a brown trout...does your son go out with you on the boat? thats the best way how is to teach to fish & catch multi species with multi methods and in multi bodys of water..

..I did'nt go fishing saturday for the rain on the radar..I did make it out sunday am and the creek I decided to fish was fishable but not even a bite I decided to forget no plan B..lol... so I went out yesterday to another creek and caught 2 small rainbows on worms and said thats it..I tried a few rainbow roe bags as well

I can't remember such poor performance, and missing not going on the saturday as well.. besides fishing for the resident trout, not one steelhead nor a brown.. thats 2x out sunday & monday... these are creeks i have fished and have had landowner permission for ever....ya a bit frustrating..besides lousy conditions ...a bit to much rain & both mornings were cold fronts, including sleet & ice yesterday...and there was lack of fish

one thing I actually learned from you @jerk bait is from last opening of trout season, and you mentioned on the number of trout I kept. and what i got from that was constructive & positive and your right I totally agree with you, and really there was no need for me to keep the 4 trout that I did, even if you didn't it is all good.

my next on the agenda is investing my gasoline fishing dollar to fishin spring salmon, putting to work a couple of methods.. and also my stradegies for catching coho salmon.
This season I am not walleye fishing in western Lake erie this spring. I am mixing it up, change is good. The weather and the water will eventually cooperate.

2023 23third an 24th trout fishin flop 004.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of big deep pools in the 16 mile creek in Milton producing some BIG browns and bows this week. Cleo’s in silver and blue and silver and green seemed to be the hot ticket. 1/4 and half ounce. Easy pickings

congrats @jerk bait on the trout action and your excited son catching his first trout a brown trout...does your son go out with you on the boat? thats the best way how is to teach to fish & catch multi species with multi methods and in multi bodys of water..

..I did'nt go fishing saturday for the rain on the radar..I did make it out sunday am and the creek I decided to fish was fishable but not even a bite I decided to forget no plan B..lol... so I went out yesterday to another creek and caught 2 small rainbows on worms and said thats it..I tried a few rainbow roe bags as well

I can't remember such poor performance, and missing not going on the saturday as well.. besides fishing for the resident trout, not one steelhead nor a brown.. thats 2x out sunday & monday... these are creeks i have fished and have had landowner permission for ever....ya a bit frustrating..besides lousy conditions ...a bit to much rain & both mornings were cold fronts, including sleet & ice yesterday...and there was lack of fish

one thing I actually learned from you @jerk bait is from last opening of trout season, and you mentioned on the number of trout I kept. and what i got from that was constructive & positive and your right I totally agree with you, and really there was no need for me to keep the 4 trout that I did, even if you didn't it is all good.

my next on the agenda is investing my gasoline fishing dollar to fishin spring salmon, putting to work a couple of methods.. and also my stradegies for catching coho salmon.
This season I am not walleye fishing in western Lake erie this spring. I am mixing it up, change is good. The weather and the water will eventually cooperate.

View attachment 72530
Absolutely!! He comes all the time . Like me bass are his favorite but he loves whatever . He got his first pike walleye and smallmouth last season. His favorite lure is definitely a wacky worm !!

Thank you...ya thats very good for the young fisherman @jerk bait ...hes got a good teacher for the LPB mutli species category..including the conservative approach..

spring fed resident trout made for a good meal just earlier..
and finished up kitchen duty..
I personally like our annual ice out spring trout fishin trips 2nd week of May, up in the north algoma region, the girl & I from our rustic cabin quaded back in with are own ATV & gear to our boat and carry on from there for a full day of travel & fish and shore lunch..what a great day..a great week, are number 1 method we fished old school with live minnows sewn on a 18 inch leader for both specs & lakers ..ya I ordered my minnows from a local ..enough for the entire week...the girl was a pro.. quadin up on the rock with her suzuki king quad 450..elevation got up to the 2500 metre mark and down below were our spring fed ice cold deep lakes we fished..theres a couple hear that know back in the day..when the lake trout limit was still 3 (three) daily limit..

2023 April 25 trout dinner 049.jpg

2023 April 25 trout dinner 086.jpg

2023 April 25 trout dinner 103.jpg

heat up that saputo white jack cheese a little bit..

Attachments

• 2023 April 25 trout dinner 069.jpg
    2023 April 25 trout dinner 069.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks