Tailfeathers is done hibernating

tailfeathers

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Today was the day! The leafs are on their way out maybe!!!!Took the boat out installed all the batteries and took her out for some guzzeline. Still need to install the fishfinders. And plan the first outing. I'm thinking a perch trip to the bay.

Attachments

• 20230420_140251.jpg
    20230420_140251.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 20230420_131833.jpg
    20230420_131833.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 111
Let me guess, you where only down 1/2 a tank right?

I find when filling the boat..80 gallons...a trip to the Rez is the way to go. My wife is status, so we get the special rate..but even the white guy rate is way cheaper. Rez is only 20 mins away for us so its easy.

I find when filling the boat..80 gallons...a trip to the Rez is the way to go. My wife is status, so we get the special rate..but even the white guy rate is way cheaper. Rez is only 20 mins away for us so its easy.

Just be sure to stick to the big gas stations. After 10+ years of quading on the res we’ve had a few times where quads and a couple trucks couldn’t handle the poor quality gas. Drain the tank, fresh fuel from reliable sources and they’re good to go again.

Zero res gas for this guy and would never consider using any of it in the boat.

Today was the day! The leafs are on their way out maybe!!!!Took the boat out installed all the batteries and took her out for some guzzeline. Still need to install the fishfinders. And plan the first outing. I'm thinking a perch trip to the bay.
Jee I ve seen a $350 in the list of pre set pump choices at Shell in Windsor, now I know why.

Just be sure to stick to the big gas stations. After 10+ years of quading on the res we’ve had a few times where quads and a couple trucks couldn’t handle the poor quality gas. Drain the tank, fresh fuel from reliable sources and they’re good to go again.

Zero res gas for this guy and would never consider using any of it in the boat.
Bear creek I believe is served by whoever bought out dowler karn the largest distributor in Southern Ontario. Ethanol is now in all fuel.

Im told Canadian Tire 91 is still ethanol free at least for the moment. I need to check with my local station in Fisherville who also had ethanol free in their premium pumps

damn eh I always thought premium didn't have any ethanol... do you just put regular in your tank?
Not all premium is/was ethanol free however I think they were legislated awhile back to insist all blends in Canada have up to 10% corn whiskey in them. Ive run both over the years where I had no choice. Fuel lines and components need to be replaced more frequently with ethanol in my experience, regardless of fuel additives used.

Not all premium is/was ethanol free however I think they were legislated awhile back to insist all blends in Canada have up to 10% corn whiskey in them. Ive run both over the years where I had no choice. Fuel lines and components need to be replaced more frequently with ethanol in my experience, regardless of fuel additives used.
Doing some googling and it looks like you're correct that Can Tire still has ethanol free gas! I honestly thought that all premium gases didnt have any but hey learn something new everyday and that's why I love being on these forums!

I swear by ethanol free. After watching my boat mechanic show me 2 fuel rails (one with ethanol free and one without) I wouldn’t ever put ethanol in my boat ever. Car I don’t care… it’s a lease

I didn’t know Canadian tire has ethanol free.. if so, I may try it over Shell Rotella

From my motorbike racing days, it was also a big “no-no”.

Seafoam is on sale at Napa. Stock up and keep some in all gas.

Attachments

• 550721E8-DD8F-4EAF-BB31-B9819AFD4776.jpeg
    550721E8-DD8F-4EAF-BB31-B9819AFD4776.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 7
I boat out of Old Cut Longpoint , old cut livery and old cut marina both sell ethanol free gas . I think Sandboy Marina does as well . It costs a little more but worth it to me ,plus all those additives you are supposed to use for ethanol fuel aren’t cheap , and I question some of their claims .

Sea foam is a gimmick… I tired that shit too. It is junk. It’s an additive. It’s great for getting you into the shop and off the water. It’s great if you like paying more in the boating season. Methyl hydrate is better

ask your injectors…. Would you rather piss fuel or additives. Just get the shit your government do wasn’t want you to buy. Pure gasoline and no ethanol (flamable sugars)

Sea foam is methyl hydrate and a de-coke but in a handy spray or additive and a nifty coating for storage.

If you take care of the fuel. And take care of the breathing of a motor… you can leave the crap alone. “Marvell mystery oil” was once also a thing….

Synthetic oil and good fuel. That’s all.

I raced and was sponsored by Kawasaki on a 2 man team. I raced amsoil pure synthetic versus my teammate who ran pensoil traditional .

End of year tear-down. My cylinder heads…. Spotless. Looked like new. Spotless

Teammate: black, coked, choked guides etc.etc

Will never use traditional oil not fuel with ANY methanol in an engine I care about. Additives you are just adding poop when you don’t need to

If you run non methanol fuel. Run synthetic oil. You won’t need to add 1 single drop of methy hydrate or injector clean for over a year in storage.

Last edited:
Whatever, one persons view on the negative effects won't convince me. I have used moderate amounts in many small and large gasoline engines for 10 years and never an issue. It won't fix bad engines but it will keep the varnishes in the carb and injectors clean.
Also Port Glasgow Marina sells marine fuel as well which is where I fuel my boat. I'll have to ask if it is still being sold as ethanol free.

I thought that all Marina gas, now high test was ethanol free. If not I will be looking for a additive as well.

What is the difference between marine fuel and regular fuel?

Marine gas generally does not contain Ethanol. This is because Ethanol pulls moisture from the atmosphere, creating watered down fuel.
Marine gas usually has an octane level of 89 to 90 and is ethanol free, which is more than enough octane to power a boat. Using the right marine fuel in your boat’s engine, whether that be inboard, outboard, or sterndrive makes sure that your boat will perform well all season

I agree DST. As stated down the page in deductions.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks