Law Enforcement Training & Construction on Detroit River this Weekend

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Just in case you're going to the DR this weekend, these exercises will be going on. Also, remember to stay at least 150 feet away from the shore at the new bridge. There were guard boats posted up there most of the time but they are fining people who venture under the construction:

Construction area:

https://windsor.ctvnews.ca/they-can...bFb4KtWHxVFktOgMEvX8fF1Zc7tpbkrb9ZdOAYB_YP3bI

Training Excercises:

1681920827977.png

Last edited:
Give the guys a break. They don’t schedule training themselves it comes from the training division and it’s probably scheduled for when they are actually scheduled to work (this weekend) Trust me we have done training many times on a weekend as it was scheduled by those who always have their weekends off!!

Give them a break. Double time and a half would motivate me too. Give them a break… it’s not us paying for the overtime, it’s the invisible taxpayer …

My cousin Finn is an underwater welder inspector on this “expedition”… 98 bucks an hour regular time. He’s happy for this expedition and won’t go deeper than 8 feet. Double time and a half… and he’s expecting maybe 1 hour in the drink over 4 weeks. Yet gets timed in for 9 hours a day. Do the math…

We won’t pay for it. It’s the taxpayer who will

Last edited:
I in 30 years on a city fire department worked weekends, holidays, birthdays and family vacations. If it was my normal shift not one penny of OT was ever paid. Our shifts rotate forward a day each week so working weekends and Christmas was just part of the job that is expected with NO extra financial benefit except your normal wage.

Perhaps I should have chosen my career more wisely then?

Just to be clear, they are not fining people who go under the bridge, there are two guys in a 12 foot tin boat that is anchored under the bridge most of the day. They just ask you to stay outside of the marker they have placed.

If you ignore them there is an opportunity for them to contact authorities and issue a fine. I just don't see how it would ever come to that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks