A very informative Bluewater Anglers General Meeting-April 11,2023. 👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Sorry for this late post,but I got busy preparing my boat for the upcoming 47th Salmon Derby,which will run from April 28-May 7,2023. Before the meeting started IMG_0274.jpeg at 7:30 p.m.,some member’s like myself and also non members,had a chance to set up some of their fishing tackle on tables that were provided there,
View attachment IMG_0291.mov
to sell their fishing tackle from. It’s always hard to sell,(downsize) my fishing tackle,but I needed to do it. I had a few duplicate lure’s that never saw water! Lure’s always sell fast,such as large or mini streak sizes,IMG_0298.jpegnew at $5 and $6 a piece! ),what a bargain!! 😳 lol 😂 and some Musky lure’s I sold as well. On with the meeting,( a good crowd),IMG_0292.jpeg and the main topic was about learning spring salmon and trolling techniques IMG_0275.jpeg from the local pros,( 4 Charters ), in the Grand Bend & Port Franks area. I definitely learned a bit more from these pros,especially early season fishing on Lake Huron,and thanks guy’s for sharing some of your techniques to all that attended that evening. 👍🙂 It was also a great pleasure to have met one of the Charter local pros, @rastam4n IMG_0295.jpeg who is the owner of Port Franks Charter,and a sponsor as well on @stomp website. Check out @rastam4n website,it great!! It was a fantastic evening all around,and here’s hoping for good fishing to all,in this year, 47th Salmon Derby!! Be Safe & Tight Lines,and See you on the water! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
You may as well sell all your pike lures @Red Hering. They remind me of this year’s Canadiens😁🍩🤷‍♂️🌈❤️☕❄️🚽.
lol 😂 @stomp a good idea,and I am going through my pike lure’s right now to sell! lol 😝 GO HABS GO!! The HABS will be back next year!! 🥇 🏆 🤳🤳🤪 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 13
It was great to finally bump into you @Red Hering, You don't look anything like your avatar, so I was a bit confused when you approached me...:)
The meeting was a success, I am a proud supporter of the BWA, so I was happy to participate when asked. I am not much of a public speaker, but I am slowly learning to calm my nerves.

I am not sure if all you guys know, a pet peeve of mine was that you could not join the BWA as a member without cash or cheque being snail mailed to them... the process seemed antiquated to me, so after a bunch of years of nudging them last year they finally asked if I could help. In response to their request, I created the online membership site, and they can now accept online membership forms and credit card payments.
Link here https://www.bluewateranglers.com/memberships

Please support the Bluewater Anglers if you fish the St. Clair river or the Southern Basin of Lake Huron, they do an amazing job of stocking as much fish as they are allowed to, they have a school program where the salmon are kept in classrooms till they can be released in the wild, they do a bunch of things for the youth anglers out there, and they support local anglers. All the work they do is on volunteer time.
A bonus is if you do not have an OFAH membership, you will get one at a discounted rate when you become a member! This provides you with insurance and health coverage for lime disease.
OFAH membership benefits are explained here https://www.ofah.org/membership/highlights/

It was great to finally bump into you @Red Hering, You don't look anything like your avatar, so I was a bit confused when you approached me...:)
The meeting was a success, I am a proud supporter of the BWA, so I was happy to participate when asked. I am not much of a public speaker, but I am slowly learning to calm my nerves.

I am not sure if all you guys know, a pet peeve of mine was that you could not join the BWA as a member without cash or cheque being snail mailed to them... the process seemed antiquated to me, so after a bunch of years of nudging them last year they finally asked if I could help. In response to their request, I created the online membership site, and they can now accept online membership forms and credit card payments.
Link here https://www.bluewateranglers.com/memberships

Please support the Bluewater Anglers if you fish the St. Clair river or the Southern Basin of Lake Huron, they do an amazing job of stocking as much fish as they are allowed to, they have a school program where the salmon are kept in classrooms till they can be released in the wild, they do a bunch of things for the youth anglers out there, and they support local anglers. All the work they do is on volunteer time.
A bonus is if you do not have an OFAH membership, you will get one at a discounted rate when you become a member! This provides you with insurance and health coverage for lime disease.
OFAH membership benefits are explained here https://www.ofah.org/membership/highlights/
Way easier this way, maybe I'm just lazy or shy for the in-person stuff... but certainly don't mind spending a little online to become a member and support the stocking and teaching... thanks for sponsoring/creating it!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks