Update for Humminbird

I actually want to add a cheaper one at the helm for mapping and keep my big one on sonar all the time.

So many more important things to spend money on though (also fishing related)
Yah and I had planned not to spend “extra $$$” on fishing stuff this year
And sure enough right off the hop big money lol

I just don’t like how it’s built into the dash
I can’t just upgrade to a bigger model it won’t fit in the dash
Also can’t just go buy one and plug it in when it like this I have to pull the Damm dash apart.

Any suggestions?
Buy a 2nd larger one to put elsewhere and replace or use this one just for navigation lol. If only it were that easy lol

That’s the best idea and most likely what will happen!
Only issue is I bet that Helix 5 doesn’t have networking. If you go the two unit approach you kind of want to have them networked so you can find structure with the sonar, save the waypoint and then you have the waypoint on your mapping unit.

I already have my bow and console units networked and it’s really cool finding structure with the side scan, saving the waypoint so I can go up front with the electric and jig right on top of the structure I found.

The problem I have then is if I added a small unit for navigation, I’d need an ethernet switch because two can be networked with just cables but three or more requires a switch and last time I checked switches were $400. It adds a considerable expense to adding a unit for navigation.

Also grinds my gears that they’re so expensive. It’s a 5 port unmanaged switch. Probably has about $30 worth of tech in it.

I’m not sure you central basin guys would even benefit from that though. East of Nanticoke Shoal there’s some really interesting stuff to discover.

I’m not sure you central basin guys would even benefit from that though. East of Nanticoke Shoal there’s some really interesting stuff to discover.
still nice to have for fishing other areas of the lake and other lakes.. most of my fishing happens in central basin but I have plans to fish other places at some point

still nice to have for fishing other areas of the lake and other lakes.. most of my fishing happens in central basin but I have plans to fish other places at some point
If you run rough water, this is the mount you want. Those ball and socket mounts aren't nearly as strong.

National Products RAM-109H Marine Ram Single Swing Arm Mount System​

Last edited:
Sow took out a bunch of nuts and bolts and what not to find out it’s much easier hahahah
Anyways put all that stuff back in I took out.
Kinda thinking about just getting another helix 5 to use while the other one is away getting fixed then when that one comes back just hook it up up front to the trolling motor haha I dunno the thought of a nice big one somewhere is nice too
🤷🏻
I’m just pissed I’m missing out on the good fishing weather this morning! 204B978A-1D78-4D60-90FB-D0D1E9BF3991.jpeg4CD27619-E1F2-435E-BEA3-4B33F19E4879.jpegFE51B625-ED22-4BDF-9CDE-A60D73BD0AAB.jpeg

They did a good job convincing me of that at Angling Outfitters
Yes,they are sure very convincing there indeed @Derkd9 ! lol 😆 Them being mostly a Lowrance dealer there. 👍👍 My Lund Pro-V boat when I bought it new in 2007,had already 2 Lowrance fish finders on it in the package deal. One of the fish finder was for the Minn Kota 36 Volt Terrova electric motor up front,and the other Lowrance fish finder is mounted to my left in “my office” where I sit in my Tiller boat. As of now,( knock on wood),the Lowrance fish finders,have never given me any problems. 🤞🤞 I hope that you will enjoy your Lowrance fish finder as much as I have with mine. I am hoping to be going to the Angling Outfitters Open House this weekend. I need to “thin out” my wallet a bit!! 💰 💰 lol 😆 but I won’t be buying another Lowrance fish finder…. yet. Enjoy your new Lowrance fish finder,and See you on the water! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 512CF078-6D5A-4911-A4BE-9BF72FF2C58B.jpeg
    512CF078-6D5A-4911-A4BE-9BF72FF2C58B.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 6
I used the same mounting bracket for the transducer from my helix 5 to my helix 7 and they bolt right up just had to run the line to the finder

Thanks
Thinking I’m going to buy an upgrade model and mount it with the ram mount
Not sure what to do with this broken one
I will take it out and send it in
But I need a totally different dash set up if I don’t stick it back in there
If it gets fixed you can always have one on GPS and one on your sonar, that’s how I do it on my boat. Or both on sonar to see double the fish haa. Boat came with an older HDS and I have my hook mounted directly on top of the HDS with a ram mount

Attachments

• D30937D1-E735-4703-9E93-818251C457A4.jpeg
    D30937D1-E735-4703-9E93-818251C457A4.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 8
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks