Off Topic The date has been picked

Trevor M

Well, providing mother nature cooperates, my wife and I don't have anything else planned for that day, and since I'm almost done the annual lists of stuff to do before I can do what I wanna do every spring, Friday April 28th, at stupid o'clock in the morning, is the day I'm tentatively planning to head to the pier in Pt Bruce and wet the line for the first time this year. :)

IF that changes, I'll let you know.;)

April 28th? Tentatively?? That’s like 2 weeks away?
Yeah I know Oscar. I said I'm almost done those lists, but they're not done yet. I can't go this week. Busy with stuff that needs to get done around the house tomorrow, appointments on Thursday, and my wife and I have plans this weekend. I don't know what the weather will be on that day, nor do I know if my wife and I have plans I don't know about yet on that day and I don't trust any forecast more than 3 days out because it's bound to change by the date I'm looking at. But, if everything turns out as I'm hoping, two weeks from Friday I should be sittin on the pier fishin. Why dontcha come visit lol.

As usual when I first come out of hibernation, I'm not overly concerned if I catch anything or not. I may or may not still have a little from last year left in the freezer, (although it's almost gone now.) The first trip every year is to break the hibernation and moreso just to make sure my gear is working as it should (and depending how you look at it, I guess you could say it's a bit of a 'reward' for all the work I do around here in April so I can go fishin, usually without an argument, when I want too from May through to end of September.)

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

DAMN, it started already and I haven't even wet a line yet.

Spent today finishing up some of the more time consuming things I have to do around here, plus a few other things that I added to "the list" because I noticed they needed to be done, and when I picked my wife up after work today, first thing she does when we get home, poke me on the back of the neck and gimme :poop: for the slight sunburn I didn't know I had.

What exactly is stupid o'clock?
Definitions vary by person. For me, that usually means I'm up at 2:30am-3am and on the road 10-15 minutes later. It takes me about 25-35 minutes to get to the pier in Pt Bruce from home depending on time of day and traffic. I go that early because 1) I generally get there early enough if my wife is off that day that I'm not worried about parking, or available spots on the pier especially if word has gotten out that the perch action off that pier has been "hot" (yeah it does happen) and 2) I like to watch the sun come up over the bluffs to the east.

Well, providing mother nature cooperates, my wife and I don't have anything else planned for that day, and since I'm almost done the annual lists of stuff to do before I can do what I wanna do every spring, Friday April 28th, at stupid o'clock in the morning, is the day I'm tentatively planning to head to the pier in Pt Bruce and wet the line for the first time this year. :)

IF that changes, I'll let you know.;)
Can't wait to read your report.Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks