Off Topic New toy

Great choice. I have several Garmins on my boat and for ice fishing(although not used much this year) along with livescope. Absolutley love them. easy to use and livescope is amazing

I have the same unit! Went from Hummingbird to Garmin and it’s light years ahead. The touch screen is soooooo nice and the quick-jump buttons are incredibly handy once set up.

I have the same unit! Went from Hummingbird to Garmin and it’s light years ahead. The touch screen is soooooo nice and the quick-jump buttons are incredibly handy once set up.
Did you find the learning curve easy? I currently have a hummingbird Helix and used different Lowrance units for years before the bird. Personally I liked the settings and menus for Lowrance better but I've never used a Garmin before and been looking at these on sale.

It’s was very easy. I had the luxury of having my boat in the garage 2 winters ago and sat in front of the unit installed and playing around with it.

You get used to the touch panel and icons very quick. My suggestions would be to select in priority the 4 “quick jump” buttons for what display mode (example: on the picture of the box you purchased there are 4 screens shown. That could be button 1. Button 4 in my case is a FULL view of the sonar as opposed to the 4 smaller separate views.

my neighbor has the helix on his Lund and I just simply can’t use that any more. The garmin saves you 10,000 clicks to get you to a desired screen. And the garmin picks up waaay more detail and fish.

That’s a great buy as they are on sale. I love my unit and putting a panotics ps30 on the back on the boat when it comes out of storage.
Im quite interested in how that works out for you. Are you planning to mount the transducer sideways to better view cannonballs and lures? I just bought the 10" display of the same Garmin unit to add to my 95SV I put in last year. Plan is to do the same panoptix install

I am going to mount in the same fashion that a transducer is typically mounted. I have heard from other people they prefer to have it mounted this way. You need a different bracket to be able to mount it this way and I had one made up. I can let you know how it goes once I get it mounted and try it out for the first time. Hopefully either April 23rd or 24th will be my first trip out and using the PA30.
Im quite interested in how that works out for you. Are you planning to mount the transducer sideways to better view cannonballs and lures? I just bought the 10" display of the same Garmin unit to add to my 95SV I put in last year. Plan is to do the same panoptix install

Here is a picture of the transducer bracket I had made.

Attachments

• 310F3068-042F-4F17-A3E5-8F09578DA143.jpeg
    310F3068-042F-4F17-A3E5-8F09578DA143.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 11
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks