The Redneck Fish and Game Washing Bucket/Pail: The Most Simplest and Fastest Way I Have Ever Seen to Wash Fillets and More.

Get Hooked

Canadian Redneck: A Redneck that possesses all the positive traits of a typical American Redneck such as creativeness and handiness, but none of the bad traits such as violence..

Late last Summer I came across the easiest and fastest way to clean your Fish Fillets and after several searches found by using larger Pails or Buckets you can also use for Wild Game Carcass Cuts or whole Game Birds. If you’re cleaning Birds or Waterfowl the Game Washing Bucket works wonders to remove feathers (and blood) and if you’re washing fish it will make quick work removing the blood and scales while filleting fish or doing all the fillets at one time.

On a Google Search you will find several Articles and YouTube Videos and Redneck your own. One thing I am concerned about is the Homemade Fillet Washers use various Glues for the Fittings. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THAT IS SAFE TO DO?

SEARCHES ON THE NET LINKS:

homemade fish fillet cleaning bucket

THE FIRST COMMERCIAL ONE ON YOUTUBE I FOUND WAS MFGD. BY COWBOYS AND POSTED ON NOV. 18, 2016 AND SINCE THEN IS MFGRING THEM FOR ALL TYPES OF FISH & GAME

Description: Cowboy's Fish Washer revolutionizes the fish cleaning process by flushing away all kinds of debris when washing fish fillets, breasted birds, and other small game. The patented riser sprays water in a fan pattern and creates a powerful vortex that lifts debris, flushing it over the top while gently tumbling game to ensure thorough cleaning. No more washing game one at a time by hand and no more mess in the sink.

Cowboy’s Jumbo Game Washer cleans deer quarters, hog quarters, large catches of fish, or large amounts of upland game birds in minutes. Our patented system creates a constant flow of water that flushes hair, grass and debris over the top while blood and mud flow out the bottom drain.

VIEW THE TIKTOK MP4 VIDEOS AND A COUPLE OF PICS:

These 1st two TikTok Video Links by Robby Malone @bigdaddy1985 claims this was the Original Fish Cleaning Bucket

Attachments

• Robby Malone @bigdaddy1985 His Older Style with Pipe on Inside.mp4
    8.2 MB
  • Robby Malone @bigdaddy1985 His New Style With the Pipe on the Outside.mp4
    4.1 MB
  • FISH AND GAME WASHING 160 FILLETS WASHED IN 3MINUTES.mp4
    2.3 MB
  • FISH ANDGAME WASHER ANOTHER.mp4
    3.4 MB
  • FISH AND GAME WASHER.mp4
    1.6 MB
  • FISH AND GAME WASHER 160 FILLETS IN 3MINS.png
    FISH AND GAME WASHER 160 FILLETS IN 3MINS.png
    421.4 KB · Views: 24
  • FISH AND GAME WASHER PARTS LIST.png
    FISH AND GAME WASHER PARTS LIST.png
    362.4 KB · Views: 23
  • A REDNECK.mp4
    63.9 KB
I have heard that if you make a homemade fillet washer the various glues are such that consuming the fish makes one look like your avatar @Get Hooked . And for Gawd's sake, stop capitalizing everything or the moderators may give you a time out.

What about any of the PVC Pipe and Fitting Glues that is used for drinking water pipes? Found this Info. What glue is safe for drinking water? To be used with potable (drinking) water, an adhesive needs to be NSF61 certified. Many “ super glue” (cyanoacrylate) adhesives are NSF61 certified, but as a general rule they don't do well in high moisture environments. That just means the bond won't last forever, but it might last long enough.

In cold water I honestly wouldn’t worry TOO much… once the adhesive is cured. I like the one photo/video where it is put together with threaded fittings and a bulkhead fitting. You could put that together without any need for adhesives, just a soft thick o-ring since the bucket is curved.

Solvent weld adhesive- I think there are some CPVC cements made for drinking water (not drains). And you can definitely buy silicone RTV that is marked by NSF for food equipment.

But if that stuff worries you I’d say just work a bit harder on finding fittings so that the o-ring and bulkhead fitting help avoid needing adhesives.

Home brewers use this kind of setup for “whirlpooling”:

I made one of these about three years ago and thought it was so great I made up a bunch more to give to friends. They are also wonderful for cleaning birds (ducks/pheasant). Swirling in the cold water removes blood from the meat and any loose feathers float to surface and out the top.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks