Off Topic My wife and I went for a drive yesterday

Trevor M

My wife asked me what I felt like doing when I woke up yesterday morning. I said, "get dressed and let's go for a drive." :sneaky:

:cautious: She cautiously asked me where I wanted to go. I said again, "for a drive." :LOL:

Once we were in the car and on the road, she asked where we were going. I said, "to the lake to have a peek, and then maybe a few other places ie Sparta Candles" that would be of more interest to her. No, I didn't take any gear with me. Wasn't the plan.

Got to the pier in Pt Bruce, there were a few other cars there, people doing pretty much the same thing we were, looking at the lake, walking on the beach, and two guys up by the north end of the break wall were fishing. (They were after catfish and at that time hadn't yet had any luck.) Lake was a very dark chocolate milk in color and slightly choppy. (not surprising after the rain) The washing machine that is the channel with an east wind of any kind was doing what it does. Water didn't look to be any lower than it was last year. Some drift wood and rocks across the pier by the gate and from what we could see, quite a bit of driftwood on the beach as usual this time of year.

When we left she decided Sparta Candles wasn't of interest to her, (didn't matter anyways, it wasn't open when we drove by it) so we went into St Thomas and to a few places she wanted to go to before we headed for home. Nice drive, got us out of the house, and served it's purpose. When we got home I told her she didn't have to worry, I wasn't planning a fishing trip quite yet, and that I've already started thinking about all those things I do every spring before I come out of hibernation. I just wanted to go have a look. ;)

My wife asked me what I felt like doing when I woke up yesterday morning. I said, "get dressed and let's go for a drive." :sneaky:

:cautious: She cautiously asked me where I wanted to go. I said again, "for a drive." :LOL:

Once we were in the car and on the road, she asked where we were going. I said, "to the lake to have a peek, and then maybe a few other places ie Sparta Candles" that would be of more interest to her. No, I didn't take any gear with me. Wasn't the plan.

Got to the pier in Pt Bruce, there were a few other cars there, people doing pretty much the same thing we were, looking at the lake, walking on the beach, and two guys up by the north end of the break wall were fishing. (They were after catfish and at that time hadn't yet had any luck.) Lake was a very dark chocolate milk in color and slightly choppy. (not surprising after the rain) The washing machine that is the channel with an east wind of any kind was doing what it does. Water didn't look to be any lower than it was last year. Some drift wood and rocks across the pier by the gate and from what we could see, quite a bit of driftwood on the beach as usual this time of year.

When we left she decided Sparta Candles wasn't of interest to her, (didn't matter anyways, it wasn't open when we drove by it) so we went into St Thomas and to a few places she wanted to go to before we headed for home. Nice drive, got us out of the house, and served it's purpose. When we got home I told her she didn't have to worry, I wasn't planning a fishing trip quite yet, and that I've already started thinking about all those things I do every spring before I come out of hibernation. I just wanted to go have a look. ;)
I do that quite often @Trevor M I just go for a drive with a XL Black McCafe to start my morning’s,wether it’s a long drive or a short drive,like this morning for an example,I ended up going for a short drive,to check out Fanshawe Dam & Lake to see the flooded Thames River and Fanshawe Lake in that area. I took lots of video’s and photo’s from there this morning,but I don’t want to post them here on your post,but here is one photo at least,from this morning from Fanshawe Dam. Cheers!! ☕👍😎

Attachments

• 1F77508F-E64D-4834-996F-45086BBEC4FF.jpeg
    1F77508F-E64D-4834-996F-45086BBEC4FF.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 31
I do that quite often @Trevor M I just go for a drive with a XL Black McCafe to start my morning’s,wether it’s a long drive or a short drive,like this morning for an example,I ended up going for a short drive,to check out Fanshawe Dam & Lake to see the flooded Thames River and Fanshawe Lake in that area. I took lots of video’s and photo’s from there this morning,but I don’t want to post them here on your post,but here is one photo at least,from this morning from Fanshawe Dam. Cheers!! ☕👍😎
Shoulda told me you were coming to this end of town Red, I coulda met you there. It's only a 5 minute drive from my place (if the lights are all green and there's no train crossing Veterans between Oxford and Huron)

Shoulda told me you were coming to this end of town Red, I coulda met you there. It's only a 5 minute drive from my place (if the lights are all green and there's no train crossing Veterans between Oxford and Huron)
I actually thought about you @Trevor M while I was in the east end of London this morning,and the next time I could let you know ahead of time if you like,when I will be back in the east end again,and we could meet up. It would be great to see you again,for it has been a long time! 👍🙂

Attachments

• 4EAC2FCB-F6D9-4CA7-AC97-75C4F2C4F65F.jpeg
    4EAC2FCB-F6D9-4CA7-AC97-75C4F2C4F65F.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 11
I actually thought about you @Trevor M while I was in the east end of London this morning,and the next time I could let you know ahead of time if you like,when I will be back in the east end again,and we could meet up. It would be great to see you again,for it has been a long time! 👍🙂
Sure Red. If possible give me a days notice so I can rearrange my day. I'm always up at 5:30am to get my wife to work. I always check my messages when I check to see what the weather might do every day so I can tell my wife when I drop her off. Sometimes I might go back to bed as soon as I get home from doing that depending on how I slept the night before, but I'm usually up again by 9-10am so I can get stuff done around here.

@Red Hering I was at Fanshawe lake Sunday and was excited about the floods haha
Well Maple was anyways hahaha
She also managed to find a few 🦌 to chase 🤷🏻View attachment 71846View attachment 71848View attachment 71847View attachment 71849
View attachment 71852
View attachment 71851
View attachment 71854
View attachment 71850
Great photo’s & video’s as always @Derkd9 👍👍🙂 and the boat launch area on Fanshawe Lake sure does look a lot more flooded there last Sunday,then when I was there on Monday,
View attachment IMG_0199.MOV
enjoying my McCafe there.F1D8B519-ACD9-43B0-AFA4-59610FEE6F56.jpeg Your dog’s are beautiful as always,and they are always having such a wonderful time,wherever you are taking them.👍👍 Thanks for sharing your day out with your dog’s to myself and everyone else on @stomp 👊👊 👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks