2023 Youth Fishing Day Info

Reel Therapy

Hi All please see attached and spread the word! This is a great opportunity for any youth between 8-16 and a parent, grandparent or guardian to get out on Lake Erie with some of the best charter captains in the business! This is designed for any youth that would not normally have the opportunity to do this but love to fish.

Special Thank you to all of the great sponsors so far. If anyone is looking to help volunteer or to help sponsor please reach out to myself or @tailfeathers. Lets make this a day to remember for the future of our fishing and outdoor heritage.

Youth Fishing Day 2023.png

Thank you to all the 68 members and others who came out to our youth fishing day fundraiser. As one of the organizers of this event I'm blown away by the support of all who attended and helped put this together. As a first event it was well attended with over 30 tables full of sporting gear for fishing and hunting. So as a show of transparency we raised over $1300.00 to host our upcoming event! Impressive!!!! So total expenses where $143.00 for rent and signage. After all was accounted for and the crowds had left I had a surprise visit from one of my life mentors and good friend Dr Duncan Sinclair who represented the Aylmer order of good cheer with a further donation of $300.00 to our upcoming event. Again thank you to all the vendors and supporters what a day. Also a huge shout out to Red Hering and Extra Virgin for the 68 support. Great to meet you Red! Also a huge shout out to friend Colleen MacLeod for working the door and Captain Mike Shaw plusTailfeathers fishing and Reel Therapy charters.

Attachments

• 20230325_132143.jpg
    20230325_132143.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230325_131434.jpg
    20230325_131434.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20230325_133932.jpg
    20230325_133932.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 42
Thank you to all the 68 members and others who came out to our youth fishing day fundraiser. As one of the organizers of this event I'm blown away by the support of all who attended and helped put this together. As a first event it was well attended with over 30 tables full of sporting gear for fishing and hunting. So as a show of transparency we raised over $1300.00 to host our upcoming event! Impressive!!!! So total expenses where $143.00 for rent and signage. After all was accounted for and the crowds had left I had a surprise visit from one of my life mentors and good friend Dr Duncan Sinclair who represented the Aylmer order of good cheer with a further donation of $300.00 to our upcoming event. Again thank you to all the vendors and supporters what a day. Also a huge shout out to Red Hering and Extra Virgin for the 68 support. Great to meet you Red! Also a huge shout out to friend Colleen MacLeod for working the door and Captain Mike Shaw plusTailfeathers fishing and Reel Therapy charters.
I will post a report later,( we have company right now),on such a fantastic day it was today in Aylmer. For now though at @tailfeathers ,would you mind reserving 3 table’s again for me & @Extra Virgin for next year? lol 😂 👊👊😉 I/we are already so looking forward to doing this again next year. 👍👍🙂

With any luck I'll be able to make the next one.
That would be fantastic @Trevor M 👍👍 and you will know who I am there,because I will be wearing all “RED,” this time,instead of the Washington Capital colour’s,like you said that I was wearing yesterday. 😆 😉 👊👊👍🙂

That would be fantastic @Trevor M 👍👍 and you will know who I am there,because I will be wearing all “RED,” this time,instead of the Washington Capital colour’s,like you said that I was wearing yesterday. 😆 😉 👊👊👍🙂
I'd know who you were anyways Red. I've met ya. But I'd be in total shock if you showed up to something wearing the blue and white......I'd think ya lost a bet or took a silly dare of some kind to do THAT.:ROFLMAO:

I'd know who you were anyways Red. I've met ya. But I'd be in total shock if you showed up to something wearing the blue and white......I'd think ya lost a bet or took a silly dare of some kind to do THAT.:ROFLMAO:
lol 😂 @Trevor M 👊👊 @Fishboss and myself had a friendly bet a few years ago that the blue and white the Maple Leafs ( his team),would beat out the Red and white,the Canadiens,(my team ). I never even wanted to bet against the Maple Leafs that year in the playoffs,because the Canadiens were not that good of a team so I thought,so they would lose for sure,but behold,the Canadiens beat out the Maple Leafs in that series of the playoffs. For me winning the bet,@Fishboss and especially his daughter picked out a,”RED” lure for me by Silver Streak called, Bite Me Elmo!! lol 😝 How cute,ehh!! Thanks again @Fishboss to you and your daughter,and this lure has caught me a few fish,such as this rainbow trout that I am holding here. I am afraid that I will lose this lure one day on a fish,and I don’t use it as much as I want to,because it was such a great prize for winning the bet,and it was given to me by @Fishboss and his daughter,and thanks again to you both!! 👊👊 GO HABS GO!! lol 😉 👍🙂

Attachments

• 1B1E17A5-74FA-4F1F-B695-E52A184066A4.jpeg
    1B1E17A5-74FA-4F1F-B695-E52A184066A4.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 28
  • C5385C3F-6E47-4F65-842D-065709165324.jpeg
    C5385C3F-6E47-4F65-842D-065709165324.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 28
  • C7BBAE76-E5F3-4B59-B9D6-FCDE0FB1E20C.jpeg
    C7BBAE76-E5F3-4B59-B9D6-FCDE0FB1E20C.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 28
lol 😂 @Trevor M 👊👊 @Fishboss and myself had a friendly bet a few years ago that the blue and white the Maple Leafs ( his team),would beat out the Red and white,the Canadiens,(my team ). I never even wanted to bet against the Maple Leafs that year in the playoffs,because the Canadiens were not that good of a team so I thought,so they would lose for sure,but behold,the Canadiens beat out the Maple Leafs in that series of the playoffs. For me winning the bet,@Fishboss and especially his daughter picked out a,”RED” lure for me by Silver Streak called, Bite Me Elmo!! lol 😝 How cute,ehh!! Thanks again @Fishboss to you and your daughter,and this lure has caught me a few fish,such as this rainbow trout that I am holding here. I am afraid that I will lose this lure one day on a fish,and I don’t use it as much as I want to,because it was such a great prize for winning the bet,and it was given to me by @Fishboss and his daughter,and thanks again to you both!! 👊👊 GO HABS GO!! lol 😉 👍🙂
Hey uncle red, I'm glad glad "Elmo" has been working for you👍. The Leafs have a good chance of finally going to the second round of the playoffs, big plans for April watching leafs beat Tampa and trolling for salmon out of Georgian bay🎣

okay folks, this is about the kids.......nobody gets out of the first round, get over it.

Hey uncle red, I'm glad glad "Elmo" has been working for you👍. The Leafs have a good chance of finally going to the second round of the playoffs, big plans for April watching leafs beat Tampa and trolling for salmon out of Georgian bay🎣
Great to hear from you again @Fishboss and yes,that “Elmo” lure has been working fantastic & thanks again! 👊👊🙂 Here’s hoping that the Leaf’s will make it to the second round of the playoffs! Did I just typed that?? lol 😂 because of me being a Canadiens fan since 1965!! I have given up watching hockey for the rest of the season,( the Canadiens are out of it ),and because the lake fishing season is coming up fast,and there is a bit of preparation involved for my boat to get it ready for the Great Lake’s,etc. Tight lines to you @Fishboss trolling out on Georgian Bay,and likely as well in Owen Sound harbour,etc. We will keep in touch. Regards,uncle red 🚤🎣🐟🐟👊👊 👍🙂

is there any information where donations can be sent?

Hi @Outdorman we have a couple of options, depending on where you live we could meet you if you would prefer cash. Second option is you can e-transfer to me and I will keep a record of all donations and share with the group. That can be emailed to reeltherapysf@gmail.com I would ask that anyone doing this please tag it Youth Fishing Day.

Thanks again for everyone's support!!

RT

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks