***2023 LPBAA & Erie Bassmaster Spring Pike Tournament ***OFFICIAL SET DATE***

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hey Guys

Its official, the *LPBAA & Erie Bassmaster Spring Pike Tournament* is a go for Saturday May 13, 2023 out of Sandboy Marina in Long Point. We are happy to have them on board again this season as it was an excellent venue for our event last year with a great turnout. I have attached a poster, rules & registration sheets for the event and will list the details below as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this season and hoping for some nice weather. Any more updates come up I will post them on this thread.

Saturday May 13, 2023
Sandboy Marina, Long Point (610 Hwy 59 Port Rowan, ON)
Registration starts at 6:30am
Blast off at 8am Weigh in at 3pm
$100 Entry Fee ($10 included for Big fish pool)
80% payback 1st 2nd 3rd & Big Fish
2 man teams ONLY (no exceptions)
Weights will be for 2 live pike ONLY (dead fish penalties will be in effect)
1 rod per angler ONLY (regardless of inner/outer bay regs.)
*Most importantly* Weigh bags will be provided at the weigh in. Please come up and wait patiently for an open bag (there will be a marked spot to line up) to go and collect your fish. Please do not bring fish up in your own bags. This rule is to limit a large amount of fish sitting in bags at the weigh in. Thanks for your cooperation with this rule. This will be explained and stressed the morning of the event.
More info to come as we get closer....

Thanks
Jesse Hililard
Erie Bassmaster

John Rakoczi
LPBAA/Erie Bassmaster

Attachments

• 2023 Pike Tournament Poster jpg.jpg
    2023 Pike Tournament Poster jpg.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2023 Pike Tournament Rules and Registration.jpg
    2023 Pike Tournament Rules and Registration.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 136
DAMN NEAR A 2OLBER THERE!!!!!!! That's a Giant. Well done to those guys. monster bags there. I didn't think that we would have 20lb potential this far south. Thanks for the info.

I see. So the lower number on some of these would be the big fish and the upper number is total for 2 is my guess then. I thought it odd that fish of that caliber would be here. But Lake Erie could produce a world record fish at any time for many species. Thanks guys.

I have not broken 10lb's yet, got really close twice 9.5 and 9.7 bot Lake St.Clair. I travel enough targeting pike and would love to hit double digits and eventually eclipse that 20lb barrier.

I see. So the lower number on some of these would be the big fish and the upper number is total for 2 is my guess then. I thought it odd that fish of that caliber would be here. But Lake Erie could produce a world record fish at any time for many species. Thanks guys.

I have not broken 10lb's yet, got really close twice 9.5 and 9.7 bot Lake St.Clair. I travel enough targeting pike and would love to hit double digits and eventually eclipse that 20lb barrier.
Save your money and take a trip out west to Northern Sask, Alberta or for a really unique experience, go to the NWT. I won't guarantee you'll catch that monster you're looking for, but my biggest fish ever was a pike I caught in the NWT near the mouth of Mosquito Creek the year before they started closing it in the spring similar to how they close the Thames every year. It weighed just under 41lbs, and didn't fight at all until it realized it wasn't in the water anymore. What a mess it made of my line, but got the hooks out, and managed to unwind it and let it go.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks