RS Nets

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I was checking out the thread posted by @FlyingViking "Recommendations on a net?" that got me thinking of a new net. A high quality one to replace my worn-out Lucky Strike with a telescoping handle that I really never liked anyway so the decision was easy. LOL! I checked out numerous brands of high quality nets but the one that did it for me was the R/S that @Three Bouys recommended, thanks Jim. (y) I found some online and fishing shops that carry them but the shipping charges are insane. The American sites wanted from $229-$281 for the Green Bay model that interested me the most + $77 shipping charges + UPS $84 border brokerage fees + the exchange rate, then on top of that Canadian Customs wants their 13% HST. Well, as you can see that adds up to absolute craziness so that was out of the question. However, I finally found a guy in London where I bought it for $250 total. That's still pricey for a net mind you but after looking it over it wasn't difficult to understand why RS nets are the bestselling net in the USA. I have bought a ton of nets over the many years, but I'm so impressed I am convinced this will be the last net I will ever have to buy. It will handle any size walleye or pike etc. because of the squared-out bottom of the mesh except maybe a 65 lb. musky but they have monster nets for that. Check out this RS Green Bay model that has the 40-74" telescoping handle (also has 50-96" available). It's made entirely of aircraft grade aluminum with no plastic parts whatsoever, the yoke between the hoop and handle is one solid block that is never going to break. Even has a full inch scale on the inside extension that is etched into the aluminum so it will never fade away. The main handle is completely wrapped in a super grip wrapping that doesn't slip even with fish slime on your hands. The mesh net comes in a whole array of colours, it even comes in @Red Hering red. o_O I'm impressed and so will the walleye be! 👍👍

PXL_20230311_195905656.jpgPXL_20230311_195136552.jpg PXL_20230311_195517230.jpg PXL_20230311_200311060.jpg
PXL_20230311_195843273.jpg

Nice @Wave Runner , now no excuse when fish gets knocked off due to net size and handle length,
Does the net have any flotation material on it ? Just incase it's goes overboard?
Maybe there be a new law will have to put pfd on the nets so we don't loose them 🤔 😉
Awesome net again 👍

Nice @Wave Runner , now no excuse when fish gets knocked off due to net size and handle length,
Does the net have any flotation material on it ? Just incase it's goes overboard?
Maybe there be a new law will have to put pfd on the nets so we don't loose them 🤔 😉
Awesome net again 👍
No flotation probably because it's a little heavy because it's built like a tank but that's what I like most about it. You buy it once not like all the nets I've had before it. The mesh alone would probably hold Hulk Hogan up without tearing. :D

That's a nice looking net Bob. Makes me want to upgrade now! Mind sharing the information on who in London sells the nets?
Sure can Jamie the name is 5/0 Sports out near Masonville Mall and UWO. He sells mostly online but he let me come to his house so I could save the ridiculous shipping fees of $77. Canda Post won't ship those nets because of the length etc. so he has to use a courier like UPS, FedEx or Purolator etc. and that's what they charge him. He also sells many other fishing products. Here's the link.

I was checking out the thread posted by @FlyingViking "Recommendations on a net?" that got me thinking of a new net. A high quality one to replace my worn-out Lucky Strike with a telescoping handle that I really never liked anyway so the decision was easy. LOL! I checked out numerous brands of high quality nets but the one that did it for me was the R/S that @Three Bouys recommended, thanks Jim. (y) I found some online and fishing shops that carry them but the shipping charges are insane. The American sites wanted from $229-$281 for the Green Bay model that interested me the most + $77 shipping charges + UPS $84 border brokerage fees + the exchange rate, then on top of that Canadian Customs wants their 13% HST. Well, as you can see that adds up to absolute craziness so that was out of the question. However, I finally found a guy in London where I bought it for $250 total. That's still pricey for a net mind you but after looking it over it wasn't difficult to understand why RS nets are the bestselling net in the USA. I have bought a ton of nets over the many years, but I'm so impressed I am convinced this will be the last net I will ever have to buy. It will handle any size walleye or pike etc. because of the squared-out bottom of the mesh except maybe a 65 lb. musky but they have monster nets for that. Check out this RS Green Bay model that has the 40-74" telescoping handle (also has 50-96" available). It's made entirely of aircraft grade aluminum with no plastic parts whatsoever, the yoke between the hoop and handle is one solid block that is never going to break. Even has a full inch scale on the inside extension that is etched into the aluminum so it will never fade away. The main handle is completely wrapped in a super grip wrapping that doesn't slip even with fish slime on your hands. The mesh net comes in a whole array of colours, it even comes in @Red Hering red. o_O I'm impressed and so will the walleye be! 👍👍

View attachment 71035View attachment 71037 View attachment 71038 View attachment 71039
View attachment 71040
It also comes in a “RED” colour as well you say @Wave Runner ?? 🤔 SOLD!! lol 😆 and thanks for the heads up,and thinking about me! 😉👍🙂

View attachment 71035View attachment 71037 View attachment 71038 View attachment 71039
View attachment 71040
I think I’m sold on it! I did the googler too… and thank you for completing my homework!!!

Bob, you won’t be disappointed in your purchase except maybe the bank acc’t😂

The warranty like I said before stands good for the replacement part on mine. No charges or shipping fees.

When I did the warranty issue I had them throw in a new handle wrap from black to blue

Now you have to wait to get out there and test it out or maybe you can go out in the garage and pretend you are landing a fish with it. Take the puppy out with you as well and practice scooping him up 😂😂
Oh you might want to do that when your wife isn’t around. She might think you are have health/mental issues🫣. Just trying to help a friend👍

Now you have to wait to get out there and test it out or maybe you can go out in the garage and pretend you are landing a fish with it. Take the puppy out with you as well and practice scooping him up 😂😂
Oh you might want to do that when your wife isn’t around. She might think you are have health/mental issues🫣. Just trying to help a friend👍

Or you might get lucky finding a good hole like these guys did to try it out in .

aaaaaaa (2).jpg

Hey just like my buddy @stomp I can always count on you for helpful hints that get me in trouble. Hang around with you 2 long enough and I'll be in handcuffs. 😉 :LOL:

It also comes in a “RED” colour as well you say @Wave Runner ?? 🤔 SOLD!! lol 😆 and thanks for the heads up,and thinking about me! 😉👍🙂
Yep here's the "Red Hering" red mesh. You can even custom order the handle in red. LOL!
GreenBay_Red-scaled.jpg

Thanks again Bob for the net recommendation! RS net in the works!

This guy 👈 had the last “outing” today with the POS Frabil. I feel soo much better now…
Hahahaha 🤣 did you destroy your old net after looking at the RS net???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks