Yesterdays dinner in the air fryer

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Almost forgot I took a Pork roast out of the freezer a couple of days ago

So I just winged it had no idea what I was up against

Actually turned out pretty good
And cooked in about an 80min at 360F

Made mashed potatoes and fried up some veggies as sides 45AEBF0D-01A5-49E1-852F-8F6AFA1D21F4.jpeg197CD2C5-5B56-4644-8257-EBDD8FCFCA72.jpeg15854291-3B3B-49AE-A2E1-A8869EBF6701.jpegC97B36B3-145A-469F-BAFB-E2491B36EE92.jpeg

we use a Wolf counter top oven with convection and it works great and fast too. It is our go to for 90% of the time and only use the big oven(also convection) for things that splatter because it is self cleaning.

we use a Wolf counter top oven with convection and it works great and fast too. It is our go to for 90% of the time and only use the big oven(also convection) for things that splatter because it is self cleaning.
ever since getting an air fryer I almost never use my oven for cooking.. only baking
cooks faster and better in the air fryer so good we ended up getting two hahaha so we could cook everything in them..

And you’re a devoted disciple of the Meat Church @Derkd9 . what’s the salt and preservative content like in those rubs? A certain someone is very much focused on such things.

And you’re a devoted disciple of the Meat Church @Derkd9 . what’s the salt and preservative content like in those rubs? A certain someone is very much focused on such things.
Love the meat church
I haven’t really looked into that info
But here’s a photo of the three I use the most

C7025095-E010-40E0-996C-521CF3EF7BD1.jpegD14AB955-D384-4601-9861-F7C32501DDF6.jpegE21ADC25-8D19-4DD5-8DA3-C38EEC60E576.jpeg05B98BC6-0F49-4A25-8955-A5BD768EA23F.jpeg

I am now chuckling about their videos dusting/seasoning the meat before cooking.

All potential lethal 😉 amounts of their products. LOL 🌻

Last edited:
Aaaaaaaah to be young again... sigh. To eat salt encrusted hunks of fat washed down with a gallon of carbonated sugar and for dessert a sugar coated slab of sugar ! MSG ? Bring it on !!! How could anything specifically designed to make you want to eat more be bad for you ?

Fast forward 40 or 50 years ; Anything with fat on it ? Bad ! Anything with sugar in it ? Bad ! Red meat ? Bad ! MSG ? Bad ! Anything that tastes good ? Probably bad for you so don't even think about touching it or spit it now before the wife or your cardiologist catch you !

I was considering getting a counter top convection oven, but my wife reminded me,

"We don't have enough counter top now for what we have on it, and you're constantly bitching about that lack of counter space when you're in the kitchen doing pretty much ANYTHING. Just where do you intend to put that IF you get one?"

Of course she's right, so I put it back on the shelf where I found it.:cry::ROFLMAO:

I was considering getting a counter top convection oven, but my wife reminded me,

"We don't have enough counter top now for what we have on it, and you're constantly bitching about that lack of counter space when you're in the kitchen doing pretty much ANYTHING. Just where do you intend to put that IF you get one?"

Of course she's right, so I put it back on the shelf where I found it.:cry::ROFLMAO:
Don’t keep it on the counter.. store it elsewhere and only take it out when you use it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Derkd9 and @rcfire77

We live in one of these (picture is from hibernation 2017) There's only so much space in them. But, IF I manage to win the lottery, I can have my boat, complete with all the bells and whistles I'll want, the truck to pull it with, and I'll build her the house of her dreams, with one entire floor dedicated to being her "walk in closet" and I'll build and equip the kitchen according to MY specifications since she's not willing to take me up on my offer to teach her how to cook. (she keeps saying when I offer, ":unsure::nailbiting:WHY would I want to do that? I have YOU!! 😁😇" and I can't argue her logic on that one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.

1678591231124.jpeg

I built my wife a walk in closet in our home bigger than most people’s bedrooms and it’s still packed so I think your on to something with an entire floor

I built my wife a walk in closet in our home bigger than most people’s bedrooms and it’s still packed so I think your on to something with an entire floor
Well, the original plan IF I were to win the lottery was, you bet I get my "toys" and my kitchen. I would ensure that at least one entire floor of the house I'd build her was her walk in closet. We'd have our current home pulled from where we currently live to where I'd have that house built and placed in the back yard so that she could have not only her entire floor in the house as a walk in closet, but also that entire mobile home in the back yard as an "overflow" for her walk in closet or as she refers to it, her "secondary walk in closet." which is where she'd store her seasonal clothing every spring and fall when she changed from one season to the other.

I'm so glad that I'm a man. I don't have that issue. Season change for me is a matter of do I wear sweats under my jeans, and maybe a sweater under my jacket, or not and an ever present concern about how badly the Leafs will disappoint in any given year or how well will the fish bite for me this year. :ROFLMAO: (only 2 seasons in my world, hockey and fishin.)

(That said, that Marner goal last night vs Edmonton was just.....WOW.😲 )

Last edited:
Well, the original plan IF I were to win the lottery was, you bet I get my "toys" and my kitchen. I would ensure that at least one entire floor of the house I'd build her was her walk in closet. We'd have our current home pulled from where we currently live to where I'd have that house built and placed in the back yard so that she could have not only her entire floor in the house as a walk in closet, but also that entire mobile home in the back yard as an "overflow" for her walk in closet or as she refers to it, her "secondary walk in closet." which is where she'd store her seasonal clothing every spring and fall when she changed from one season to the other.

I'm so glad that I'm a man. I don't have that issue. Season change for me is a matter of do I wear sweats under my jeans, and maybe a sweater under my jacket, or not and an ever present concern about how badly the Leafs will disappoint in any given year or how well will the fish bite for me this year. :ROFLMAO: (only 2 seasons in my world, hockey and fishin.)

(That said, that Marner goal last night vs Edmonton was just.....WOW.😲 )
I like the way you think!
I would need a floor for Slancys crap
A floor plus a basement for all of my wonderful possessions.
A massive shop for the toys!
I would have an outdoor and an indoor kitchen as well

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks