Recommendations on a net?

FlyingViking

My POS frabil net broke again. Can anyone recommend a GOOD quality net with longer reach?

I spent big bucks on the telescopic Frabil and it just fell apart in every way imaginable. Ideally, I would like a telescopic one..

Any recommendations would be awesome

Got this one at Sails
Big enough for 30 pound salmon ,long enough to net fish behind the boat , the handle is not telescoping but the hoop can be detached or slide up for easy storage rubberized net hooks dont tend to get caught up in it 20230225_141247.jpg20230225_141230.jpg20230225_141252.jpg

Price is a little expensive but I love my Beckmanns net. I’m a big believer in getting a net bigger than you think you need because the last thing you want to do is lose a trophy fish at the boat because your net was too small

Got this one at Sails
Big enough for 30 pound salmon ,long enough to net fish behind the boat , the handle is not telescoping but the hoop can be detached or slide up for easy storage rubberized net hooks dont tend to get caught up in it View attachment 70553View attachment 70554View attachment 70555
I also got this net in the fall and can’t complain, but I barely used it so far. Goes on sale at Canadian tire sometimes, -15% or so.

I don’t know about the big telescoping type but I bought a small telescoping lucky strike for the canoe and I had the same problems. Grit would get into the part that clamped and the basket would twist when you net larger fish, so you try and tighten it more and it breaks…

I put a few pop rivets to hold the handle at one length permanently and it is much better. And I no longer trust the clamping mechanisms, only the ones that lock with a pin or something solid.

My POS frabil net broke again. Can anyone recommend a GOOD quality net with longer reach?

I spent big bucks on the telescopic Frabil and it just fell apart in every way imaginable. Ideally, I would like a telescopic one..

Any recommendations would be awesome
Yep, had the same problem with my Frabil. Less than a year old a five to six pound rainbow trout destroyed it. $100 plus down the drain.

I use Promar Grande Hook Resistant series. 72" handle..but it comes in a 48"-96" telescopic but they were out of stock. Hook resistant netting..deep bag with a flat bottom. I got the 28x30"..Im gonna get a 37 X 40 to replace a big aluminum salmon net from the 80s I still have.

https://rsnetsusa.com/. This is what I use and very durable. The handle is fully adjustable and can be locked at any length as you choose. Highly recommend them, you won’t be disappointed. Although they are pricey but you won’t have to replace it again.

If you can find one i use Loke nets. Never tangle tough as nails. I have one that expands to 25 feet. Got it off Kijiji for 25 bucks. They makes excellent nets. IMO

I have the walleye version of this..
when I replace it I will likely get this salmon version..
only complaint is the hooks can get pretty stuck in the net

I've got a Ranger model 9855 I believe it is, 30" wide, flat bottom rubber coated. Octagon handle telescopes out to 8'. I like it since my boat isn't huge I keep it collapsed and you don't have to mess around lining up the snap pin extending it in a hurry when fish come in - like round handles always spin. The hoop unpins and slides down the handle for transport too.

Got this one at Sails
Big enough for 30 pound salmon ,long enough to net fish behind the boat , the handle is not telescoping but the hoop can be detached or slide up for easy storage rubberized net hooks dont tend to get caught up in it View attachment 70553View attachment 70554View attachment 70555
I had one of those Lucky Strike nets, not a big fan as the webbing started ripping and falling apart. Had to use numerous zip ties to hold it together.

I had one of those Lucky Strike nets, not a big fan as the webbing started ripping and falling apart. Had to use numerous zip ties to hold it together.
How long did yours last ? I had mine about 4 years so far so good

Maybe you just got a bad netting on yours? Quality may have changed as well but I've had mine more then 30yrs still going strong

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks