Pollution from Ohio

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone following that incident in Ohio?
Seeing pictures online from Canadian side looks like oil in the water?
Any of this true?
Concerned about the walleye ??

Anyone following that incident in Ohio?
Seeing pictures online from Canadian side looks like oil in the water?
Any of this true?
Concerned about the walleye ??
I havenโ€™t seen anything about this yet @Derkd9 hopefully itโ€™s not true,and I will read up on it later.after I am done walleye fishing on the Thames River today. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

This s supposedly a trail (picture is from Reddit), Erie is mostly spared, they burned vinyl chloride, ethylene glycol and some third chemical I don't remember. There should not be much oily residue, some soot, some nasty volatiles, possibly chlorinated PAHs. There is not much information about the incident.

Attachments

• ohio trail.jpg
    ohio trail.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 96
This s supposedly a trail (picture is from Reddit), Erie is mostly spared, they burned vinyl chloride, ethylene glycol and some third chemical I don't remember. There should not be much oily residue, some soot, some nasty volatiles, possibly chlorinated PAHs. There is not much information about the incident.
Thank you for that information

They say the biggest impact to water is the Ohio river, which runs away from the lake and drains into the Mississippi somewhere in Kentucky. Maybe the lake will be spared? For the sake of those people who live in that direction, I won't say hopefully or thankfully the nasty stuff is going that way... but I think the fish in Erie will be okay.

Norfolk Southern said the company is attempting to block off the portions of local waterways that have been impacted by the chemicals. Nearby waterway Sulphur Run is one of those areas, with officials saying last week that it was contaminated, but that they were "confident that it is contained."

Now, the rail company said, responders have placed "a series of pumps" to try to "reroute Sulphur Run around the derailment site." With the contaminated area of Sulphur Run dammed, the company added that environmental teams are using "booms, aeration and carbon filtration units" to treat the water, as well.

What a shitshow

I seen one report from Environment Canada that it doesn't pose an air pollution problem for Southern Ontario yet but they are monitoring the situation. Either way when you have a witches brew contaminate your local eco-system it does not bode well.

Don't believe the lies they are feeding you!! The fish in Erie are contaminated from this and will not be safe for consumption. Best to bring them to @anonymoose for safe disposal ๐Ÿ‘
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ @anonymoose ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š would early season Thames River walleyeโ€™s that I have been recently catching,and that migrate from Lake Erie count as well,to bring to you for safe disposal?? ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿค” lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 18049DAC-6BB1-49E8-A2DE-1A1DF616938D.jpeg
    18049DAC-6BB1-49E8-A2DE-1A1DF616938D.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 0854B18E-D670-4D35-B456-2B74659020EE.jpeg
    0854B18E-D670-4D35-B456-2B74659020EE.jpeg
    726.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 01390190-D9CC-4243-9433-BEA4F8F90875.jpeg
    01390190-D9CC-4243-9433-BEA4F8F90875.jpeg
    507 KB · Views: 19
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ @anonymoose ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š would early season Thames River walleyeโ€™s that I have been recently catching,and that migrate from Lake Erie count as well,to bring to you for safe disposal?? ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿค” lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Yes you can see it in walter's eyes that he has been exposed. I bet the midichlorian count will be way out of whack. I will warm up the disposal vessel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks