Traeger… cold weather start-up!

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
No problem firing up the Traeger this cold Feb. morning. Well, except that I switched from Rogers to Bell since my last cook and my home Wi-fi network name changed. I had to abort the start-up and reboot the grill in order to change over the wi-fi SSID and password. I don't have as much time today for a low and slow, so I'm going full-on Matt Pittman and starting at 275°. I think I'll be blowing through a good chunk of those cheap Costco pellets today!0032841E-B987-4F22-B90E-0AF4102062BF.jpeg

Oh, and the Meater threw a warning about low battery, so it may not make it to the end. If you have a Meater, looks like a new battery might be needed annually?

Oh, and the Meater threw a warning about low battery, so it may not make it to the end. If you have a Meater, looks like a new battery might be needed annually?

Yup, I had one of mine drop connection over anything. New "high quality" batteries cured it (them).

Never got a low battery warning that I noticed.

Surprised the original cheapies lasted as long as they did. 🌻

I'm sure the cold will take its toll on the meater sending unit until it warms up. Nothing lasts forever ..... other than a love of fishing.

Wrapped around noon, which was a surprise. Probe reading between 205° and 210° just after 2:00 which was a bigger surprise. Meat is off the grill and resting till dinnertime, which has been moved up an hour to 5:00.

Damn, that's a good size flat.

Looks nice and relaxed, not tight. Smoke ring is defined.

Point probably really rich and soft. Yummy extra marbling in the higher grade cuts. 👍😋 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks