Bimini Top

dawson29

Hey all. Just wondering if any of you could provide some in-site as to how to measure for a Bimini. I own an 18 foot alumacraft Yukon. Is it as simple as measuring the widest part of the beam then buying what inches that is? Any advice appreciated. 😎

If you are buying a ready made Bimini. It’s off the Inside of the boats rails. I’m going through this now as well.

I bought a cheap one from https://www.kapscomoto.com/ and I'm pretty happy with it. There's some flex in them that allows for a bit of variation in beam. I'd also check on the height. You'll want to make sure that you'll be able to fold it down without it hanging off the back of the boat wherever you plan to mount it.

I bought a Serenelife 3 hoop Bimini on Amazon and I couldn't be happier with it especially at the price. There are a number of different widths, lengths, and heights available with a few colours to choose from. The clips normally go on top of the gunwales so that will be the width range you choose. The top hoops are in 3 pieces and can be shortened if necessary. They are surprisingly sturdy with 1" OD aluminum frames. I did change the back tubes to adjustable ones and put tracks on the main mounts for added adjustability but other than that, it was mint right out of the box. This is the one I got and it was just over $200.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Serenelift+Bimini&crid=MINHMTG6R03C&sprefix=serenelife+bimini,aps,122&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

1676304409987.png

IMG_20210617_1035008.jpgIMG_20211015_1402458.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a Serenelife 3 hoop Bimini on Amazon and I couldn't be happier with it especially at the price. There are a number of different widths, lengths, and heights available with a few colours to choose from. The clips normally go on top of the gunwales so that will be the width range you choose. The top hoops are in 3 pieces and can be shortened if necessary. They are surprisingly sturdy with 1" OD aluminum frames. I did change the back tubes to adjustable ones and put tracks on the main mounts for added adjustability but other than that, it was mint right out of the box. This is the one I got and it was just over $200.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Serenelift+Bimini&crid=MINHMTG6R03C&sprefix=serenelife+bimini,aps,122&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

View attachment 70280

View attachment 70281View attachment 70284
If you’re out on the lake and a UFO happens to get shot down above, do you think these Biminis would offer some protection?

If you’re out on the lake and a UFO happens to get shot down above, do you think these Biminis would offer some protection?
Well not really but when the Chinese government is launching all these damned spy balloons just to steal my secret fishing spots, I'm just happy the US has planes available to shoot them down for us. If they land on my bimini, so be it.

The Chinese government is likely interested in your walleye spots @G.Mech , but the extra-terrestrials are more into Musky . I’m surprised the UFO was over Huron and not LSC.

I’ve bought off Amazon twice for these 2-300$. For what I want they do the trick, I would recommend 4 bow over 3 though. 4 bow was more sturdy, and usually come in the taller size, I am able to stand under mine easily.

I’ve bought off Amazon twice for these 2-300$. For what I want they do the trick, I would recommend 4 bow over 3 though. 4 bow was more sturdy, and usually come in the taller size, I am able to stand under mine easily.
It takes a bit of looking around but they do have different heights on Amazon too. I can stand up easily under my three bow as well.

What is the different between the 3 & 4 bow ?
The 3 bow is about 6 feet in length and the 4 bow is about 8 feet. I don't think the pictures on Amazon are all correct... Some of the four bows show a picture of the three bow

The 3 bow is about 6 feet in length and the 4 bow is about 8 feet. I don't think the pictures on Amazon are all correct... Some of the four bows show a picture of the three bow
Thanks G.Mech, My Boat is 16 1/2 side console, I'm thinking the 8' could be to long but could shade my passenger up front.
Only thing could get in the way at the back if trolling standing fighting a fish.
Hey FF you need one of those Bimini tops for those 12 hour heat marathons you are so well known for. 🥵 😁
For sure Wave Runner :D I find now the sun does get to me, wife keeps giving me shit causing dark spots on my face, not good.
I've been thinking wearing a face mask.(y)

That and an ice cold beverage delivery service. 🌻
Great Idea hvyhaul (y):D Pontoon boat out near EC10 serving Sausage on a bun, Burgers, and a nice cold beverage.
Suppose Stomp could set something up? he'd look good Chef on the Q serving up a cold one:D only thing we'd have to turn the camera off at EC10(y):D

Thanks G.Mech, My Boat is 16 1/2 side console, I'm thinking the 8' could be to long but could shade my passenger up front.
Only thing could get in the way at the back if trolling standing fighting a fish.

For sure Wave Runner :D I find now the sun does get to me, wife keeps giving me shit causing dark spots on my face, not good.
I've been thinking wearing a face mask.(y)

Great Idea hvyhaul (y):D Pontoon boat out near EC10 serving Sausage on a bun, Burgers, and a nice cold beverage.
Suppose Stomp could set something up? he'd look good Chef on the Q serving up a cold one:D only thing we'd have to turn the camera off at EC10(y):D
Hey Fish Farmer, my boat is 18'6" long X 101" wide. The cockpit is way forward on the boat giving me a huge rear deck area. I got a 4 bow 8' long and installed the bimini forward so that the back is just a foot or so behind the driver's seat. It give me plenty of shade and keeps the rain off but does not interfere with fighting a fish when I am alone 99% of the time. The front deck is mostly covered which keeps the sun off the electronic as well, so they graph is way easier to see.

To keep the bimini from hitting rod holders or downriggers when it is folded down, Carver makes slide tracks so that you can move the bimini forward or back with ease. Carver also makes short supports so that you can drop the bimini down below the windshield but still up off the gunnels. I installed the slide tracks and made my own supports.

The ready made Amazon bimini's, where I got mine, are pretty flimsy when you put them together. I drilled some extra holes at the joints, where the spring buttons are located, and riveted the joints in place. That really stiffened it up. I have attached a photo of my boat.

Attachments

• IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 46
Mine is a 3 bow and is installed a bit further so I have room to cast out the back and back rod holders are just out of the covered area. I entended main tubes so I can stand up under the bimini.(gettin old)
Outdorman made a good point on mounting if you have a trailering cover. I made up 10 inch angled supports so my bimini sits about the trailering cover and then made a bimini boot to protect it from the sun when not in use or trailering. Its great for keeping the boat and contents dry.

Attachments

• 20180814_173815.jpg
    20180814_173815.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 37
Mine is a 3 bow and is installed a bit further so I have room to cast out the back and back rod holders are just out of the covered area. I entended main tubes so I can stand up under the bimini.(gettin old)
Outdorman made a good point on mounting if you have a trailering cover. I made up 10 inch angled supports so my bimini sits about the trailering cover and then made a bimini boot to protect it from the sun when not in use or trailering. Its great for keeping the boat and contents dry.
Did yours come with the sides? I’ve been wanting to add that to mine but the price for a custom was out of my budget at about 4K.

Hey all. Just wondering if any of you could provide some in-site as to how to measure for a Bimini. I own an 18 foot alumacraft Yukon. Is it as simple as measuring the widest part of the beam then buying what inches that is? Any advice appreciated. 😎
Mine is a 4 bow. Got it in 2021 through Cabela's, great deal $170 delivered to my door from our West. Mount it far enough ahead to fight fish.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1628723502574~3.jpg
    FB_IMG_1628723502574~3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 32
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks