Did somebody say “brisket”?

can you cut those things down and cook in smaller segments? It's just the two of us with old folk appetites.

can you cut those things down and cook in smaller segments? It's just the two of us with old folk appetites.

Yes you can, but I can't tell you how it will turn out..

My opinion only here.

The Wife bought a Point section for $10, I smoked it as per usual and it was fabulous.

That's the only time I have smoked less than a complete Packer brisket.

I'm pretty sure others here separate the point from the flat before smoking, hopefully they will contribute to this thread. 🌻

@Outdorman, I don't think I've yet to cook a full packer intact, but both point and flat are usually smoked in the same go. Sometimes the point gets cut into 2 or 3 chunks, but that doesn't seem to affect the burnt ends quality. I don't see why you could not buy a smaller piece of meat and get a good result. @Mrs. Stomp reports seeing partial briskets for sale on occasion at the grocery store. Maybe a butcher shop could cut you a brisket for 2. If I had to choose an end, I would choose "the fatty".

Had a reason to be in Milton today, so picked up two at the Superstore while in town.

You did well @stomp no AAA available in Milton.🌻

Last edited:
I have to cut my brisket down to 2 peices to fit in the smoker but i ussally do the flat in something diffrent then my normal brisket wet and rub i have been trying a maple recipe on the smaller and we have really enjoyed it the last 2 times i want to try either jaelpenos or slather it in honey garlic franks if you havent tried honey garlic franks waych out because its damn good

Thats a great deal i ussally pay 11.99 at locos and its 10.99 at costco but lococos has a better quailty meat i find

Good deal, would someone mind picking me one up? I’m a little too far away right now

Attachments

• E5159435-AA9D-46BF-A561-97512A91A5FB.png
    E5159435-AA9D-46BF-A561-97512A91A5FB.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks