two tents on ice at St. Williams

Larry Lloyd

Though after cold day and night somebody would venture out.

I know it will be short lived ... but any one have an idea of the thickness ...just off shore .???

Doubt there would be any safe ice past the lighthouse, so you'd only be fishing in roughly 3' of water

Doubt there would be any safe ice past the lighthouse, so you'd only be fishing in roughly 3' of water
Glad to read @Extra Virgin that you weren’t one of those 2 tents out there on the ice off St.Williams today,my friend!! 👊👊 because you are a “Die Hard” perch fisherman!! lol 😆😉 and as always,Safety first everyone,and those perch can wait for safer ice conditions,( if it does come this year ), and if not,the perch will still be there,bigger & more plentiful,( because of the lack of no ice fishing this year),during the soft water season. 🚤 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Last edited:
There was 4 huts out at one point. My son and I went for a walk out and hit the spud around. Never found more than 3.5” of ice. Some spots were maybe an inch that was open yesterday.
Be safe !!

Was down the hill this morning for a drive. Buddy was coming up with about a 5 pound pike. Said there was about 3 to 4 inches solid ice. Not sure how far out.

Not really. I think 6 inches of ice is the min to safely go out on the inner bay. The wind changes so quick down here and blows the ice around. Takes nothing to open up a pressure crack and leave you stranded on the wrong side. We are going to take a drive from Dover over to the point and see how things look.

Seen a few huts yester on the grand in dunville when i went in for beer not sure how thick the ice cant see it being around long

Attachments

• 20230204_164236.jpg
    20230204_164236.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230204_163622.jpg
    20230204_163622.jpg
    743.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230204_163618.jpg
    20230204_163618.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 19
Geez, I'm getting all worked up by reports of tents and walk outs , then I read words of wisdom by @red Herring to stay safe! O.K. O.K. I try to settle down with a cold beer. LOL. In the mean time " till its safe" anybody along the lake at St. Williams, my old request... Please keep posting a few pics, even if it has to be water instead of ice. Thanks @Huron.

Geez, I'm getting all worked up by reports of tents and walk outs , then I read words of wisdom by @red Herring to stay safe! O.K. O.K. I try to settle down with a cold beer. LOL. In the mean time " till it’s safe" anybody along the lake at St. Williams, my old request... Please keep posting a few pics, even if it has to be water instead of ice. Thanks @Huron.
lol 😂 @Huron (🍺), 👍🙂 and Yes,safety always first for sure @Huron especially while ice fishing!! Too many risk’s unfortunately,especially during “first ice” of the season,and milder temperatures coming next week,with rain on top of that as well!! 🎣👎 Maybe, I will take my tarp off my boat,and head down to the Detroit River!! Surely,the walleye’s will be migrating soon out of Lake Erie? I will have a beer 🍺 with you right now @Huron and CHEERS 🍻!! my friend. Hopefully,more photo’s of myself & maybe @Extra Virgin or whoever coming soon again,from the Thames River while walleye fishing there. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks